3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ and getting fit after 40 #292 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/246266-300-getting-fit-after-40-292-a.html)

j-ann 11-26-2011 10:40 AM

CAROL, you have my sympathy. Just because you don't have leftovers might not mean you're safe. Do you have the foods you depend on when you're on a roll, in the the kitchen? I know I can fight off a lot of crap as long as I have sliced turkey or tuna, berries and pineapple, tasty lettuces (the right dressings) and Vitamuffin brownies easily available. Each fills a void when I'm either head hungry or down on myself without creating caloric disasters.

DEB: Merry early Christmas. Enjoy your family and celebrate the spirit of the Holiday without mourning the date. Who knows, for Christmas you may be hugging that new little one.

ANGELA: You can get back on track. I just know it. Look back and and think about what you were doing when you were losing. What's changed? If you were journaling go back and review what worked so well for you. I know i'd be lost w/o WW. I NEED to be accountable to someone else and I figure the cost is less than I'd spend on fast food and junk if I wasn't going to weigh ins.
I only stay for meetings if I feel like I need the extra support, and some days I do. <G>

I'm having a quiet weekend. Might do dinner out with friends tomorrow night. Depends on if we can all get our acts together at the same time. It's not always easy when one is a type A personality, one is a procrastinator and one just wants to go with the flow. LOL

RUTH, HEATHER, AND EVERYONE ELSE have a great weekend. We're having early Autumn, instead of Winter, weather and I'm lovin' every minute of it.

dgramie 11-27-2011 07:18 AM

Well ladies I am back to report in...I GRAZED the day away yesterday and felt sick last night. My body isnt use to all that richness. Luckily I dont have alot of leftovers. So Im planning on a grilled steak for lunch today( if it stops raining). Got to get back OP!!!
We had a great day and my 3yr old granddaughter kept calling it our "pretend Christmas" because santa wasnt coming last night. She was adorable in her Christmas dress and both boys were so handsome in sweater vest. Now Im finding myself wondering about our new baby...what she will look like.

Vortex_VVV 11-27-2011 08:23 AM

I see December coming around the bend. Everybody got your seat belts buckled?

I've decided I'm going to try out a new calorie limit, 1750, and see how that goes. Sparkpeople thinks I should be lower, but I need to do this gradually. I've been hanging out at 1850-1900, losing a half a pound a week (not steadily, of course; I tend to maintain for 3-4 weeks then drop 2-3 pounds). I know going a hundred calories lower won't make that much of a difference, but if I go much faster than that I have a feeling I'll just fall off the wagon any way.

So, I'll start the 1750 regime on Monday, along with at least 15 minutes a day of exercise.

Carol: How goes it? Back on track?

Deb: Merry Christmas a little late, lol.

Judy: The funny thing is, averaging a half pound a week IS on track for me, so far! I haven't been in "high gear" yet this time around. Glad you're having pleasant weather. We have been too--had the windows open yesterday to get some fresh air inside!

Everyone I've missed: Howdy!

Angela

gggirls 11-27-2011 04:12 PM

I'm still struggling - somehow my mind thinks the whole weekend is Thanksgiving day - we would have been better off to bring leftovers home. Trying to control the damage.

Vortex_VVV 11-29-2011 12:51 AM

Carol, I feel your pain. Today was supposed to be a restart day, but instead it turned out to be a continuation of the weekend.

Let's make tomorrow P - O - P .

dgramie 11-29-2011 06:24 AM

I still struggled yesterday. Tom is lurking and that didnt help matters. Today Im making a big pot of veggie soup. It should help get me refocused!! Scales are down 6 from sunday morning. Still got 3 to go to be back to where they were.

gggirls 11-29-2011 07:14 AM

Amazing how quickly I can gain 6 lbs - will take a month to lose it.

Iwillbe 11-29-2011 07:40 AM

Good morning, or is it?

Sounds as if everyone has my problem. I am having a hard time getting refocused. I thought it was going to be easy! HA! I had a plan, plan didn't work out so well.

Did you all enjoy the Holiday in spite of falling off plan? I did. My youngest daughter and family came for TG and then oldest daughter came to join in the fun Fri. So two days of eating, eating, eating! The last of the company left and I am trying to find my motivation! Anybody seen it hanging around your place? If so, please send it home. I really need it!

Oh, I didn't gain anything though! Miracle of miracles. It may wait and pile on all at once. :eek:

Well lovely ladies, here is to Ya!:dust: :hug: Ruth

Heather 11-29-2011 08:24 AM

I'm having problems too... am trying to get my head back in the game.

j-ann 11-29-2011 10:53 AM

It must be in the air. I've used all my extra WW points and can't even blame Thanksgiving. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.

So far today, uh ..... breakfast, has been OP. Hopefully I've got my head convinced it's not hungry.

Does anyone else walk around he house thinking "I want _____(fill in the blank)." And then immediately asking "Are you REALLY hungry? No? Go find something to do and forget food." I'm thinking of making "Are you REALLY hungry? " my manta. I say it often enough. :dizzy:

We all need to bring forth our inner thin person and put them in charge! :belly:

Heather 11-30-2011 12:26 AM

Amen, Judy!!!!

rosie22 11-30-2011 01:26 AM

On this journey again, have lost 100 pounds before but after kids and dealing with my childhood, ready to change my life for the better and especially because I'm beginning to Love Me at age 48

dgramie 11-30-2011 06:24 AM

welcome Rosie! please excuse our whining right now,we are normally more motivated than this!

ruth _ hugs wish I could have visited you on TG. I bet your an amazing cook!!

judy- good luck today at the weigh in!!

I did much better yesterday!! I am proud of that fact! Now I have to find some mojo for exercise. Scales are up 3lbs for the week.

Its kinda a strange feeling having our Christmas celebrations behind me. We will have a meal here on Christmas Eve and also go see our parents for Christmas Day but the bulk of ours is over. I hope I can stay focused until then. I want to be down at least a few lbs by the end of the year.

gggirls 11-30-2011 07:08 AM

Yesterday was better but still lots of room for improvement - biggest thing was getting each bite recorded - was under my self-imposed calorie limit but not by much.

Welcome Rosie!

Iwillbe 11-30-2011 07:39 AM

Good morning!

OP today all the way! (or bust trying).

Deb, wish you could have been here too. I have been told I am a fairly good cook. If you like southern cooking, that is my way. :D

WELCOME Rosie.:wave:

Carol, it will get easier! Of course you can't prove it by me. LOL! A few days on track and it clicks. :crossed:

j-ann, I ask my self that question all of the time.

Heather, I will send motivation to you if you return the favor. If Only it were that simple. :p Today I will be op, who knows about tomorrow.

Hi Angela, how is it going with the new calorie count? I think I eat less than 1700 most days and don't lose even a lb. on that, but then I am much older than you. Slow metabolism! I have to do about 1300 or 1400 for my high calorie count.

Ladies have a wonderful OP day. :hug: Ruth