Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

dh and i are both on the mend! timing was not good for both of us to have surg 2 days apart. we actually went to grocery store together yesterday for first time in years,

i have been op - was afraid i would use this as an excuse but have not.

why is it so much easier for us to take care of someone else over taking care of ourselves? (million dollar question)

stay strong - working on healthier options for thanksgiving
Old 11-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I am having my first reasonably quiet weekend with no grading in a long time...
Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #63  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I made it thru yesterday! We ended up having dinner at about 7:45PM. We went for Thai. I had a cup of Tom Yum and Prig Pad Prow (sp?) with scallops. Pts were not bad. Only thing I had to worry abut was the rice and I made sure I only had 1/2 cup. Skipped dessert. Everyone else had fried ice cream. That WOULD have created a disaster! It was great visiting with old friends.

Carol: You and DH take it easy and mend well.

Heather: Glad things have slowed down for you.

Have a super Sunday!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

carol- so glad you and Ed are healing! Just because your starting to feel better doesnt give you permission to do to much!! Take it easy!

heather- hope you enjoy a short week of classes!

judy- way to go on eating out!

I had a good day yesterday. Hubby is on the mend from the stomach virus but not up to real food yet. It was nice to have a day off from cooking.I cleaned and degermed the house again. Then sit down and wrapped all the CHristmas presents I had bought. Its hard to believe I have to be ready for Christmas with our family this weekend. I understand we had to change things up this year to all be able to get together.I just dont plan to make a habit out of it.

who has big holiday plans? We are staying home on Thanksgiving and I am cooking. Youngest daughter is an RN and has to work this year. We will take her a plate of food for lunch. My older two will be with inlaws this year. We will have our Christmas on sat with our kids and grandkids. We are having fingerfoods( my biggest downfall). I will make good choices and not over eat at any meal and as of now no sweets are planned.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #65  

I tried to post earlier, but the page froze up on me.

I have been super busy, company coming for a few days. I won't be around much then, but I will try to get in here long enough to read how everyone is doing.

I have made a bunch of stuff I don't even need to breath the aroma of, much lest eat! coconut layer cake, cherry yum yum, pecan pie and brownies this morning! At least I won't cut or touch anything until company comes. That might keep me honest!

OOOOO...Holidays bad for diet!

Have a wonderful day and be well! Ruth
Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #66  

Ruth - can I come to your house? Thanks for checking in!

Be safe - stay strong!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #67  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, sorry to be MIA so long. What a week last week!

No classes all this week; plenty of grading to do, but we're getting a break in any case. DH used vacation time to take the week off.

TOM is driving me a bit nuts, and the scale is back up into the 90s, but I hope that's just TOM's fault. We'll be eating out on Thanksgiving Day, but I trust I'll be able to plan the day appropriately and keep it OP.

I really, really have to get back to regular exercise. It's like I have to start over from scratch with that, things have gotten so bad.

If I don't post before the end of the week, which is certainly possible, have a great holiday, all.

Angela
Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #68  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Just back from WW. I'm down another 1.4 lbs bringing me into the lower half of the 280's. I'm thrilled. This program has been so easy for me to stick to it's scary. WW will be tweaking the Points Plus program for the new year. They'd better not mess with it too much.

Everyone have a lovely Thanksgiving and remember to enjoy the company even more than the meal. BTW ...... there will always be leftovers. We don't need to stuff ourselves like we'll never see food again.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #69  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #70  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

Judy- thanks for the reminder not to stuff ourselves

I am cooking today but not doing anything fancy! It will be hubby and I today as our youngest has to work. We will take her a plate at lunch time. I have our only sweet in the oven now, just a plain ole pumpkin pie.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #71  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #73  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Happy Thanksgiving!

I don't know whether Thanksgiving is a good time to regroup or not, but I'd really like to shift into a higher gear for a while. I don't mean like super-fast, just I'd love to do a little better than a half a pound a week, which is about what I've been averaging....

I have a conference in April, maybe two of them; both would involve air travel and networking. I'd love to be 30 pounds lighter by then, which seems reasonable, except that my loss so far has been so much slower.

I'm debating whether to just reduce my own calorie limit and get back to daily exercise or to try something new, like WW. I know I have to get back to daily exercise no matter what...

Well, I'll make some kind of decision by Monday, I guess.

Hope everyone's had a great day.

Angela
Old 11-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #74  

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Today is our Christmas with our kids this year. Its sad to say this is the last time we will be together until the new baby arrives in mid dec. With everyones work schedules it was the only time to have our family Christmas. I am excited even though I was dreading the idea of having it this early.
It was so wonderful to have my girls in the kitchen with me last night. We broke a hand mixer and laughed till we cried. It is awesome having so much life in the house!! I cant wait to have the rest of the family here today. The tree is light and presents are waiting. Lots of food but I think I will just eat one plate and call it a day. I will have the grandkids to help occupy my hands to keep me from eating too much. Its all finger food and everyone knows they are my biggest weakness in life!!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #75  

I'm struggling to get POP - we don't have any leftovers in the house so thought that was the way to go - need to figure it out!

Stay strong!
Closed Thread