Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

OK - I have salt fingers too but I think it's from a weekend of restaurant food and not pushing my water like normal. Branson was fun but not so relaxing.

Special hug to my dear friend Ruth - thinking of you.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

My head is spinning, but the last week of our term begins today, so the end is in sight!!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #48  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Rain last night but another nice day today and, it's the middle of November!

Dropped off Paige, the Pointer for a bath this morning. Sheds way too much to do her at home. I'd be unplugging the tub drain and cleaning up dog hair for weeks.

On the whole it's been a good week. Weigh in is tomorrow that usually is enough to keep me POP on Tuesdays. :-)

Hope you all have a super day.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #49  

Salt fingers are gone and so are the extra lbs from the weekend. Hoping the anesthesia from today's surgery doesn't mess with me. My brain thinks I already have a headache from not eating/drinking - jeez - it's been all of an extra hour - can't imagine what it will be by surg time.

Stay strong!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #50  

Good morning, Carol good luck with the surgery today. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the hug! I needed that.

I am now the "proud" owner of an electric mobility chair. No door facing in my house is safe ! I have run into and over everything in my path. Never, I mean never get to the place where you need one of these things. That is if you can help it. I honestly think if I would lose weight, I would not be in this spot. My leg has just about given up on me. Not weight related, but being overweight certainly hasn't helped. I am still trying though...I am stubborn, I will never give up completely.

How are all of you doing with the op thing? This is a tough time of year, but it is just that...it is just food and how we look at it. Holidays shouldn't be about eating, should they?

I have one very big pet peeve, and a lot of you might not agree, but "they" are trying to take Christ out of Christmas, what the hey? If it weren't for Christ there would be no Christmas! Now when that day comes I will be saying MERRY CHRISTMAS, not happy holiday. Don't mean to offend anyone. That is what is (or was) great about America. Everyone is free to choose. END OF RANT!

Have a wonderful day my friends. Ruth
Old 11-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #51  

Remember those salt potatoes I ate the day before weigh in last week, the ones I blamed for the 2 lb. gain? Well I was right!!!!!! Got on the scale at WW this morning and I was down 4.2 lbs. I'm especially happy because now I've officially lost over 10% of my start day weight. I'm well into the 280's and I'd like to be mostly through the 270's by the new year.

CAROL: Hope your surgery went well and thrilled to see you are losing again. Good job!

RUTH: Sorry to hear you need to use the chair but just think, now you can chase kids around the grocery store.
BTW I'm not a church going person but I fully agree with your Christmas rant.

HEATHER: One more week and you get to have a life for a little while. Hang in there.

DEB, ANGELA, WALRUS and everyone else........ STAY STONG!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #52  

Yeah Judy!!!

Scale up 3 lbs - think it is cast/splint or IV. Will be POP today.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #53  

Height: 5'7"

Just a fly by this morning. I have my 8 month old grandson due to my sil being sick with a stomach virus and my daughter is out of town for work. He is a joy but sure keeps me moving. I love having him! Just keep in mind that I run an inhome daycare and I have 4 kids under 22 months old now. YIKES>>>no wonder Im tired!!!
I forgot to eat lunch yesterday so I stuck a slimfast in the fridge in case it happens again. Mind you I dont forget to eat often...lol
Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I forgot to eat lunch yesterday so I stuck a slimfast in the fridge in case it happens again. Mind you I dont forget to eat often...lol
This is a huge truth Deb. My worst days are almost always when I miss a meal or end up making bad choices because I let my head take control when my plans change. I think I might just get some slimfast for emergencies. Great idea!

Went out to lunch with friends yesterday and was able to stay OP. Actually requested a change from the menu and got a grilled chicken sandwich with lots of roasted red peppers and just 1 slice of melted provalone open faced on a slice of fresh Italian bread with a salad on the side. It was delish and I didn't feel like I was missing out on really good food.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #55  

We have snow! Just a dusting and it's going to melt. Pretty though. Planning a healthy OP day.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #56  

Grandson left and I was in bed by 6 last night. I was exhausted and just felt bad. Had a call later that one of the kids I keep has streph. Hoping my sore throat isnt that!! Guess I will know more in a few days. OH the joys of winter!!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #57  

Oh wow Deb, I hope it isn't streph. It is so easy to get what the kids get.

j-ann, yes new snow is pretty, but oh how messy it can get. I laughed out loud about chasing the kids around the grocery store. shoot, I can't even get that thing to go in a straigt line. I wiggle and waggle all over the place. I don't use it unless I have to!

Carol, How is it going? Right now I am having a hard time keeping myself op. I start the day just fine and then........well, you know! glad to hear you are pop though. At least someone has good sense. LOL!

Heather, I hope you can come up for air soon!

Hi Angela, walrus and all you other lurkers. Ruth
Old 11-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #58  

stomach bug has hit my house. oh what fun!! no sign of streph yet!!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #59  

Deb, Get better quick, but in the meantime don't breathe on your keyboard. we don't want to catch it. LOL

It's going to be a long day for me. I normally eat dinner around 5 PM. I'm meeting with some old friends tonight and we have 7 PM reservations that means we won't eat until at least 7:30. I guess I'll push lunch out to 2 PM if I can hold out that long. Think I'll just have some fruit at noonish. I hope I can defeat the munchies. I hate schedule changes.

Be strong!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #60  

judy_ i just lysoled my keyboard to keep you safe. Im better just coughing alot still but hubby has it now. Youngest daughter has it also. Needless to say IM getting lots of exercise running to the basement to swap out loads of laundry.
Closed Thread