Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Thanks rachaelm; it helps me to know what I am experiencing is helping someone else! I am right there with you...tired of being twice the size of everyone else but I will say I can do so much more now then I could at 326! Just this morning I lifted my legs up and over the gas line at the gas station so I could walk to the trash can and throw something away. Before there was no way I could have lifted my leg easily and gotton over that line without falling on my face, this morning it was easy peasy lemon squeezy (to quote my daughter). :-) Moments like that make me smile and keep me going.
I did well yesterday. I only went over by one point and I did my 12.59 miles on the bike (Although it was hard as heck!) and did my weight routine. It felt good to finish it all! I have brought my lunch today and I'm continuing to track. I also did some research and found out that Garlic is a diuretic. I'm telling you I went to the bathroom no less than 10 times yesterday. I had tried something new Tuesday night and it had a lot of garlic in it. It was called Super Hummus and it was the Spinich and Garlic one. It was DELICIOUS and it helped me to get rid of some water weight too! :-)
I think that is all for now. I hope you all are continuing to stick with it and aren't giving up. Have a FABULOUS day.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #47  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Good job on staying on track tw. Hmm, I never knew that about garlic...happy peeing! I made sure to take my BP meds this week and sure enough 3.8 of the 4.8 I gained last week is gone. Yay for diuretics! Yay for NSV's too. Don't they just give you the little boost you need sometimes?
I had to go back and see where I started in January and I am down 18.6. Got myself curious about how much I have gained and lost this year. I lost a total of 45.2 but gained a total of 26.6, yep, that's a net loss of 18.6 pounds. I could..shoulda, woulda, coulda myself but I'm just going to celebrate what I did do permanently, which is get below and stay below 290 for the first time since 2004.
Thanks rachael, that's the second time today that someone told me that my experiences were helpful or encouraging to them. Awesome! When I first started back on 3fc, I knew it felt "different" this time but still had that small skeptical voice telling me that feeling would only last a little while and then I'd take another hiatus. I've been posting consistently for 18 months, tw too, and I still feel the same as day one: IT IS FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!

Last edited by goodnuff; 11-17-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #48  

Well I was right on with points yesterday! So three really good days in a row is wonderful (with regular exercise the past 6 weeks). I went to WI today because I'm not sure I will make it to tomorrows meeting and I was up 0.4. So VERY FRUSTRATING but it is what it is and I am moving on.

Goodnuff: Congratulations on getting rid of 3.8 of the 4.8. That is great! And congrats on losing and keeping off 18.6 pounds this year. YEAH!

I was thinking back on a doctors appointment I had a little over 2 years ago and he was talking to me about my weight. I had gained about 30 pounds in 3years and he told me I really needed to lose weight and while he knew I had a lot of weight to lose (I was around 320) he said not to lose it too quickly, don't do any fad diets, and don't do surgery. He said if I could lose 25 pounds a year for the next several years he would be happy and I would be getting healthy. Then he said "We will still love you whatever weight you are but we hope you get healthy." Well here it is 2 years later and I am down 55 pounds. I have to keep reminding myself I am doing OK. It may not be where I thought I would be or where I hoped I would be or even what I prayed for but it is 55 pounds less than 2 years ago and I will be down even further in this next year!!!!
IT IS FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #49  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
I had to go back and see where I started in January and I am down 18.6...I'm just going to celebrate what I did do permanently, which is get below and stay below 290 for the first time since 2004.
I've been posting consistently for 18 months, tw too, and I still feel the same as day one: IT IS FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw326at41 View Post
Well here it is 2 years later and I am down 55 pounds. I have to keep reminding myself I am doing OK. It may not be where I thought I would be or where I hoped I would be or even what I prayed for but it is 55 pounds less than 2 years ago and I will be down even further in this next year!!!!
IT IS FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!!
I've gotta throw out the dancing carrot for these quotes
I teared up at my desk reading these this morning. It is so exciting to see people struggle and still stay committed to change. It's just like kaplods says, the vast majority of people don't lose anything, so any maintained loss is a success.

I'm doing very well with my goals this week. Stayed under calories, even with a work road trip. I was so proud of myself for making healthy choices, even at fast food restaurants. It was a really good feeling.
I'm going to be off work all week for the Thanksgiving holiday, but I will make a point to log in from home, just to say hi.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #50  

Doing good so far this weekend. Not perfect, but good!
Tw, sorry for the +.4. Stay strong my friend.
Good job of staying on plan while way from home. That's an awesome accomplishment.
Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #51  

Good morning ladies! This is a rare occasion, I am awake before 10am. I guess having to work at 11am the last three days has my body trained to wake up at 9. I packed my own food two out of three days. And packed snacks yesterday. It was an eerily quiet weekend for labor and delivery so I'm sure the **** will hit the fan for Thanksgiving. It made it easy to eat what I brought but hard because I seriously just sat around Friday and Saturday. Which brought on boredom eating. My choices were 50/50. But the 50% poor were worth it. :-)
Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #52  

Hello! Happy Thanksgiving week!
Goodnuff: That is great packing yu lunch for 2 our of 3 days and what a blessing to be able to eat during work! (I'm trying to be "thankful" this week). :-) I hope things don't blow up this week but being in healthcare I know all too well that just might! I have to work Monda-Wednesday and then I am off until Thuesday. I am SO excited to have 5 days off in a row and not be going anywhere!!! I hope fun with friends and movies are in my near future.
My weekend was OK. I didn't do too bad. I did have pizza but got thin crust and stopped at 3 pieces (That is good for me). However I ate 2 donuts this morning and I have had some Jely Beans. But I also brought my lunch today so I think things are evening out more or less.
Hope to hear from more of you! Have a great week!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #53  

Hello again!
Well yesterday turned out to be pretty high in carbs. Not a terrible day overall just could have made better choices. No donuts today so that has me off to a better start for today! :-) Didn't workout last night as it was pouring down rain and I had a sleepy little one but I do plan on going tonight to make up for missing last night.
Have a great day!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #54  

Happy Thanksgiving week! Good for you, tw, for keeping a positive attitude and finding your blessings. That is a challenge sometimes! I hope you have the best five days off ever. Lots of friends and movies and daughter time!
I had a dr. Appt yesterday for a BP med check and to talk about the phentermine and weight loss. She is a big advocate for WW and has been nothing but supportive of me all of the years I have seen her. I am so over maintaining around 285 and was hoping to have seen a difference from last Thursday but there was none. I have a new goal starting today. No eating after 9 pm. I have been slowly slipping into the habit of eating at night even when I am not truly hungry. No contemplating why I'm doing it, I just need to stop. Just like when I first started this journey and quit fast food cold turkey. I can do it!
Hope you are all having a good week and finish this month strong!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #55  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
Happy Thanksgiving week! Good for you, tw, for keeping a positive attitude and finding your blessings. That is a challenge sometimes! I hope you have the best five days off ever. Lots of friends and movies and daughter time!
I had a dr. Appt yesterday for a BP med check and to talk about the phentermine and weight loss. She is a big advocate for WW and has been nothing but supportive of me all of the years I have seen her. I am so over maintaining around 285 and was hoping to have seen a difference from last Thursday but there was none. I have a new goal starting today. No eating after 9 pm. I have been slowly slipping into the habit of eating at night even when I am not truly hungry. No contemplating why I'm doing it, I just need to stop. Just like when I first started this journey and quit fast food cold turkey. I can do it!
Hope you are all having a good week and finish this month strong!
So far so good on the goals but goodnuff that eating after 9 is what gets me too. Especially if I am stressed or worried I'll go and make sandwich and think nothing of it. I think i will make that as a december goal. We can do it together.

Lynn
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #56  

Thanks lynnie, I'll always take a partner on.we can do this.
It's approaching that witching hour and I am currently stuffed. I guess I over prepared myself for not eating after 9pm.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #57  

Those sounds like great goals Goodnuff! I know you and Lynnie can both do it. I am pretty good about not eating after 9pm but last night I ate cookie dough. Seriously, why do I even have the stuff in my house!!! The rest of my day was good and I did go to the YMCA. I did my bike and my whole weight routine. It felt great but when we got home my daughter threw up all of herself and the couch. She is good now so it must of been something she had eaten but aftern cleaning her up and taking care of her and getting her to bed I turned to cookie dough! SO NOT GOOD! Well, it was good BUT not good for me. :-(
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. I may not be back until Tuesday. I will try to get on before then but just not sure I can. So best wishes for your goals and enjoy remebering all the blessings we have in our lives during this week of Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #58  

Two nights under my belt, well kind of. My co-worker finally brought my birthday treat in at 11 pm tonight. Homemade tirramisu. I had a small piece. But nothing after 9 last night and oh so close tonight. Coming home and eating after work had become the norm for me once again but not tonight :-)
Happy Thanksgiving my friends!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #59  

Not doing too bad at all on my 9pm goal. Now, if I could roll that into making healthy choices the rest of the day I'd be fit in no time! But tis the season of eggnog.
Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #60  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

well I am doing pretty well with not eating after 9pm. But I am severly down in the dumps so my appetite at night has decreased. Tomorrow I am hoping for a better day.

Lynn
Closed Thread