Old 10-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/175

Height: 5'11''

Red face Fingers crossed (Newbie here!)

So, I'm new here, and if I'm really honest, I'll say I'm hesitant to post. I've had a horrible history of weight loss ups and downs, and my last attempt to lose weight left me in a really defeated state of mind. The beginning of this year, I weighed around 315. My husband and I started to work together, and were really successful for about a month. In just 4 weeks, I lost almost 15 lbs and my husband closer to 30. The weird thing was, it was so easy! We finally were in this great mindset, loving every minute of it, and already feeling amazing and full of energy because we were no longer eating the junk. I don't really know what happened. My birthday rolled around and I thought "I deserve a piece of cake!". My family had a cookout for mine and my sister's birthdays and after that weekend of "treating" myself, neither my husband nor I ever got back on the wagon. Since then, for the rest of this year, I have felt so defeated. I felt like that was my chance, and if I blew it that quickly and that easily, how in the world am I supposed to stick it through 125 lbs? We recently moved from Texas to Alaska, and I have to do this. I am almost 27 years old, and if I don't do this now, I know that I never will. Because of our move, I currently don't have a scale yet, so as far as I know, a month ago, I weighed 300. My ultimate goal is 175, for now. The last time I weighed 175 lbs was in middle school, so honestly I'm not sure whether or not I can reach below that weight. I want it so bad, and my husband has so much faith in me, so right now I'm borrowing that and working off of that. We'll see where this goes, and I'm hoping to be around for the long haul.
Aliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:47 AM   #2  

Hi Aliann,
Welcome to 3FC. We're all here to support you. Just know that your not alone, we've all been in the same situation before several times. Just take one day at a time, set small goals for yourself and remember when you have one of "THOSE" days, it's just a day. Get up dust yourself off and climb back onto that wagon. Good luck to you and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome - many of us could have written your story as our own. Please keep posting - there is a special level of support and understanding within this wonderful group.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You can already see you aren't alone in this. I've gone through ups and downs and all arounds.

I don't think you blew it. I think you're about to learn something about what you went through earlier in the year, and apply it to your life.

No one begins losing weight and stays "perfect" the whole way through. We learn things along the way. We learn what works... what doesn't work. We learn about our hunger signals. We learn about how to move better. We don't come into this knowing every detail of what we need to do.

So we start with what we do know, and then add onto it as we move along. One of the best things I learned (reinforced by the wonderful 3FC members all over the site) is that one little blip off plan doesn't have to turn into a monumental time off plan.

This time around, when you're tempted with different food situations, you have the experience to remember what you did before... and come up with a new plan or a new mindset about how to handle it.

That's all this means. Learning over time. Doing healthy things for ourselves daily.

You can do this. And we're glad to have you join us on your journey!

Last edited by Lovely; 10-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #5  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Welcome and I hope to hear from you more often!!! If you need anything dont hesitate to ask we are here to support you and help you through this.

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/281/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Aliann!

I know how you feel. I lost and gained, lost and gained - all significants amounts. I just started losing again and started with this site. We can help each other, and we can do this!
Rebecca8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #7  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

As GG said above, your story sounds so familiar to us all because we've lived it too. However, the plus side of things is that you are actually in here, you have a goal and you're ready to work! You can do it. We'll be with you every hard step of the way.
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #8  

Yahoo what an achievement to come here. Lots of good support above. I have been here about a month. It was recimmended by my counselor. It is good that you are seeking help now while you are young. I am 61, I topped at 350 and now at 265 by making a life style change. Good Luck.
PearlNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #9  

Aliann, I am twice your age and felt like you did at 27 and then have spent the last 27 years ( on and off) doing/thinking/feeling what you are now.

So you are a LONG way from blowing your chance, there are hundreds, if not thousands, more "chances" for you - so take this one!

You are here, you are amongst like-minded people who all can relate to your story - so here it is ANOTHER CHANCE TODAY!!!
Make it a good day!
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You have definitely found a wonderful place for support! I too could've written your post (in fact I'm sure I've got one similar around her somewhere). Feeling like a failure was a huge part of why I wasn't ready to try to lose weight/get healthy for almost 3 years. I hate failing at anything and thus far my weight loss has been the ONE area in my life that I haven't succeeded at...yet. See that yet? I haven't given up on myself and I'm not going to.

Be proud of the 15 pounds you've lost this year. Consider the time away from the eating healthy as a learning experience. We have to eat to live. It's what we choose to fuel our bodies with that counts. You've just chosen to use the not so premium fuels the past few months. Time to put in the premium (i.e. healthier) fuels back in your body and go forward. No different than if you used different gas for your car. It still gets you where you need to go. Good luck and hope to see more from you!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 315/310/140

Height: 5'5

I am very close to you. Weight wise and age both. and feelings wise. Your not alone for sure. Hopefully we can maybe chat some and cheer each other on.
srpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Alian, we are here, trust me these girls are supportive no matter what. there's a lot of good resources and just a place to share whats going on with you And 27 is young! Its definitely not too late to get your stuff straightened out. I'm 32 and still struggling to find my groove weight loss wise.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote