Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Back from WW. Lost 2.4 lbs. since last week.

Doing the because I'm down 26.8 lbs. and won a battle with my head last week that said I needed to go get a pizza and eat the whole thing.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #17  

Yay j-ann! Makes me smile to see someone doing well. Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 10-05-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

I was talking to an old friend from high school the other day and he said bye he said "be good to yourself". It really hit home, I am good to my family and the kids I keep, I take really good care of them but I let myself slide by. So now its time to take care of me!!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Debbie - I think we all are guilty of that. Let's see if we can't make a change.

Judy - YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

Hi Ruth - miss ya!

Heather - how's school?

Things are nice and routine around here right now (knock on wood). Hope they stay that way. The weekend is shaping up with busy possibilities but I told DH I'd like to just do some spring cleaning and stay around here. I'm sure we'll do a little of both.

Stay strong!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I was talking to an old friend from high school the other day and he said bye he said "be good to yourself". It really hit home, I am good to my family and the kids I keep, I take really good care of them but I let myself slide by. So now its time to take care of me!!
Deb, This really hit home to me in a profound kind of way too. Something to really think about. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #21  

Good morning all, How are Ya?

Carol, where have I been? LOL! See above ^post?

To all of you that are struggling....I feel your pain! Right now I am on track, but gosh it is so easy to get derailed. Hang in there everyone. The Holidays are coming way to soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Ruth
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #22  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, struggling here, too. Walrus, we can do it! I know it.

Congrats Judy!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #23  

Morning all - I made it through a social function POP - first time in a very long time.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend - will try to get the pups out for a walk - we all would enjoy it - just a matter of getting myself to do it!

Stay strong!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #24  

Default Re: Hi

Thurs. was a challenge. Had junk for lunch (which shall remain nameless to help you all avoid it ), did get back on track before dinner but had to use bonus points. I tossed what was left of the bag of stuff and had control back.
Yesterday was POP and today I have my head in the right place so should be OK.

CAROL: God job on getting through a function w/o falling prey to stuff that will set you back.

DEB & WALRUS: Thinking of you both and hoping today will be OP for both of you. We all know how hard it is and are behind your efforts.

RUTH: Glad to see you're planning ahead. I don't want to think holiday.

HEATHER & ANGELA & ANYONE I'VE MISSED:

It's a fabulous day outside. Windows are wide open and the sun is shining. Can't ask for more.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #25  

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 41 and I weigh about 330 pounds. I'd been doing Weight Watchers at home and lost 24 pounds but some family members have moved back in with me and I'm cooking for them more and feel the weight creeping back on. I'm stressed and having trouble staying on plan, doing great all day then overeating late at night. It's amazing how fast the weight comes back on from just a few days going over points. I don't want to lose all the ground I already gained so I've been reading here for motivation and finally got up the gumption to post. I'm so inspired by all of you! Let's all greet November at least a little lighter than we are today!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #26  

Greetings Invisiblewoman, You are more than welcome to join us.

I've been going to WW meetings for almost 4 months and others in the group are on WW too. I tried doing WW online but I failed at it miserably. In June I finally decided to go back to attending meetings as that's worked for me before. I'm doing well and knowing I have to be accountable at a weigh in keeps me honest and (mostly) on a downward track. If you have a meeting in your area you should consider joining. I weigh in every week and stay for meetings as often as I can.

If your cooking for others just do your best to offer healthy foods at meals and keep close track of your portion size. Keep low point snacks at hand and plan them into your day's schedule. One thing I've learned from other members, that helps me especially in the evening is slicing up fruit and dipping it into fat free pudding or mousse (Jello's comes to mind). It tastes like you're spoiling yourself.

Do what you have to to get back on track. we're all here to help each other.

As someone posted earlier "Be good to yourself." and maybe someday soon we'll see you've changed your name to "The Visibly Shrinking Woman".
Old 10-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #27  

Welcome Invisiblewoman - I think many of us can relate to cooking for others. Hope you will keep posting with us.

Great day yesterday - but boy do we need some rain. Actually had to turn on the a/c yesterday - not sure I've ever done that before in October.

Stay strong!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #28  

Cool

Quick run by this morning!

TMI...I have a sore place right where my leg meets my butt and it is hampering my sitting. Oh joy! Can't sit and can't stand for long. Who in the heck needs to be fat!! Not I said the fat little hen with the sore tail.

Welcome inviisablewoman, I think you will enjoy it here.

Hi to everyone else.

Oh yeah to make matters better? I have company coming this morning. My nephew, his wife and my sister. Love them, love to have them, but I could do without this sore spot! Take care my friends and have a wonderful day. Ruth
Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #29  

Oh Ruth - now I have this image of the little red hen!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #30  

Mornin'

Yesterday was OP! Hurray! Another lovely day, Think I'll go leaf peeping. I could get used to this weather easily.

Ruth, find yourself a big fat pillow to sit on.

Have a grand day.
Closed Thread