3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Reality Sucks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/244328-reality-sucks.html)

Rhiannon27 10-01-2011 10:03 PM

Reality Sucks

It does. I was at my gynos office the other day for a first time appointment. We got done with all of the wonderful examination things, and then she said, "Lets talk about your weight hun."

Thinking to myself, " I don't wanna."

She looked at me very seriously, and for the first time in my life someone looked at me and said, "If you don't lose the weight Rhiannon, you are going to die."

SLAP. That was my reality check, and I tear up as I type this. I am embarking on a very long journey in which I have to lose at least 198 lbs. I'm scared. Very scared. South Beach is what my doc wants me to try first, and I am terrified. Any support and encouragment would be most appreciated.

LGW 10-01-2011 10:07 PM

Welcome!! Take your time and take it 1 meal at a time!

bargoo 10-01-2011 11:26 PM

Welcome and good luck, and congratulations on taking your doctor's advice.

FutureFitMom 10-01-2011 11:32 PM

Welcome! I can imagine that would be a jolting thing to hear your doctor say. But sometimes we need a shock to help us make a change. You can do it! I wish you the best on your weightloss journey!

runningfromfat 10-02-2011 04:52 AM

:hug:

Welcome and I wish you the best on your journey!

I had a similar experience with an Ob/Gyn too at the start of my journey. I hadn't seen her in awhile and she told me "wow, you've gained a lot of weight, really a lot of weight!". I had already started running at the time but I hadn't changed my diet so it gave me the push I needed to start changing my diet too.

I hope you find a lot of motivation here, there are people who have lost tremendous amount of weight here and there's also lots of advice and support when you need it.

powerfullme 10-02-2011 05:33 AM

Welcome :hug:
I wish you great success on your journey, you can do this.
One day at a time...I believe in you

Cristina

Ratkitten 10-02-2011 09:48 AM

Start with baby steps. Change little things that you can live with in your routine.

Take control and continue to get healthier!

Hugs,
Ratkity

wishfuiiy 10-02-2011 11:23 AM

I think the first step is the hardest, actually. And it seems to me you've already faced that head on, so I think you are doing wonderful. Things are gonna seem out of reach, but they are very attainable if you put your mind and heart into it.

I remember when someone told me they were worried for me, and my greatest fear transformed from like a snake or spider, to having my mom bury me or dying in my sleep from a heart attack and no one would know, because I live alone and about 20 minutes from my mom. It is scary as ****!

However, you have taken the first step. Sure, we've got one million to go but at least we are doing it.

Rhiannon27 10-02-2011 09:26 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. :) My soon to be husband is going to do south beach with me, because in his words "I don't want you to think you are alone." *TEARS* I have support with him, but my other relatives are already condeming me to failure before I even begin, so I am glad that I found this forum, it is so awesome to have support. Thank you. :hug:

Vortex_VVV 10-03-2011 12:10 AM

Try to ignore negativity. You can do it! It will take time and patience. Stick around and let us know how your journey goes.

Sunshine73 10-03-2011 09:22 AM

You're taking the first steps to a new life - that's amazing already. So many people hear those words at the doctor's office and they don't heed them - so you're already ahead of the game just by starting! You can do this - just one step at a time!

Blueberries 10-03-2011 01:34 PM

Welcome! I'm so glad that you're here!

barbygirl43 10-03-2011 01:49 PM

:welcome: You have found a great place for support and encouragement. It sounds like you have a pretty good doc. I've read stories of others who haven't had one that will sit down and talk with them about their weight and look for a plan of action.

In case you haven't found it already, there is a SBD area here at 3FC.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/

free1 10-03-2011 01:50 PM

CHEERING YOU ON.....One meal at a time, one day at a time, one smile at a time :)

EagleRiverDee 10-03-2011 02:14 PM

Sometimes our doctors are the only ones who can give us a good wake up call. My doctor gave me one this year also. But someday you will look back on that moment and smile! Good luck on your journey back to good health.