Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #46  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
Oh wow jen!!! That is awesome! And reading it put an officia stop to the rye chips and port wine cheese spread binge I was just indulging in. Thanks for the wake up call.
Too funny! I'm happy to help, although now rye chips with cheese is starting to sound good.

Seriously though, I am starting to think that there are more hormonal components to all this than I ever realized. This is the first week post-TOM and I have no cravings. So I'm doing great on keeping carbs low, which means I have no cravings. But two weeks from now, if true to history, every carb out there will have an irresistable call. Oh well, one day at a time. I'm going to appreciate the "easy" days while they are here, and during the hard ones, I'll try to be strong and remember that they won't last forever.
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Back away from the rye chips!
Absolutely agree about hormones having a big impact on hunger, or the ability for satiation anyway. When TOM comes for me I can not get full enough, I'm a bottomless pit.
goodnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

I too agree about the hormones. I NEVER realized how much harder it really does make it but it really does. And it really does make you appreciate the "easy" days. :-) ilbnej, Congrats on the new low! That is awesome!
I was down .8 this week. Again, that is nice but not out of that 2-3 pound range yet. I'll get there eventually. Goodnuff: Good for you for stopping the rye chips/cheese spread. I think it is sometimes harder to stop what we are eating once we start eating it!
tw326at41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #49  
made my dad a promise

Week 4 - August 21-August 28:

1. Stay below 200 g carbs at least 3x a week. *FAIL*
8/22: 270g; 8/23: 316g; 8/24: 204g; 8/25: 384g; 8/26: 272g; 8/27: 271g; 8/28: 317g

2. At least 4 hours in the pool each week for the month. *FAIL*
8/22: 0; 8/23: 0; 8/24: 0; 8/25: 1; 8/26: 0; 8/27: 1; 8/28: 0

3. Average at least 80g protein/day each week - 93g average - BUT ONLY BECAUSE WAY TOO HIGH ON CALORIES
8/22: 125g; 8/23: 77g; 8/24: 101g; 8/25: 78g; 8/26: 76g; 8/27: 76g; 8/28: 105g

4. Not more than 3 weekend/vacation days over 2500 calories for the month. Amazingly, I actually succeeded on this one - Only One day for the whole month. Though all weekend days were over 2000, which isn't great.
8/27: 2166; 8/28: 2412

Last edited by ilbnej; 08-29-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #50  

I really should be asleep but I wanted to pop in to say hi.
This has turned into a hectic month for me, I can hardly believe it's almost over.
Hope you all are doing good, I need a swift kick in the derriere (?sp) to get going again!
3 more weeks til vacation, I've missed WW, with good reason, the last 2 weeks and refuse to miss it next week. I feel like I m not as accountable without a meeting.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #51  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
I really should be asleep but I wanted to pop in to say hi.
This has turned into a hectic month for me, I can hardly believe it's almost over.
Hope you all are doing good, I need a swift kick in the derriere (?sp) to get going again!
3 more weeks til vacation, I've missed WW, with good reason, the last 2 weeks and refuse to miss it next week. I feel like I m not as accountable without a meeting.
Good,
Don't be to hard on yourself because I am trying not to be to hard on myself. I don't think I lost anything again this week. I am tired but I keep chugging on.

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #52  
made my dad a promise

Goodnuf - consider your hiney kicked (gently though!). You definitely need to get a WW weigh in before vacation. Then on vacation just focus on smart choices but while still enjoying yourself.

I had another terrible week. All sorts of non-routine eating situations and I didn't make choices that are conducive to weightloss. Just one night like that wouldn't have been the end, but every day was like that. Ugg. This week will be better. (can't be worse)

I really need to do some pondering on what my goals for September should be. Clearly what I'm been aiming for the last couple of months isn't working to motivate me. But then the question is: what will?

Hope everyone else's week is off to a good start.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:04 AM   #53  

Thanks Lynn and Jen. Maybe focusing on something cmpletely new would do us both (all) some good. Hmmm? Something to consider.
August Goals:
-walk 31 miles
-track at least 21 full days
-eat one meal per day at the table, without distractions
-blog at least 3 times/week
I did not make any of my August goals. I got a weight in for my health insurance assessment today and was pleased to still be at 280 point something. That's not going to continue if I don't get my rear in gear though.

Last edited by goodnuff; 08-31-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:28 AM   #54  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDetermined View Post
Hi Everyone!! Good luck to all with your goals!! I know I am gonna need a lot of luck and determination to meet mine!!!

1) drink AT LEAST 40 OZ of water a day
2) NO more Dr. Pepper
3) 20 min (or more) walk (or other activity) AT LEAST every other day

Okay, I think 3 goals is reasonable for my "first" month. I know I can do this. I am a Dr. Pepper-a-holic, but I have almost cut them out already. I have only been having a small can every other day for the last week, and that was to help with the caffine headaches it was giving me to stop drinking them.
Okay ... I have done fantastic with the water. It is pretty much all I drink. Sometimes I will have 1/2 - 1 cup of milk, not often, and about once a week I drink a 12oz Dr. Pepper. So I am doing okay with #2 but did not entirely reach my goal. But most the time I only have a drink or two of the Dr. Pepper and the craving is gone. And now the carbination burns my throat, and it is too sweet, but everynow and then I just crave it so bad!! But when I do have it I count the calories into my daily allowance. Okay, on # 3 I did great. Not necessarly walking, but I have been doing some kind of activity for at least 20min. everyday!!! Went over my goal for that!!! So all in all, especially considering it was my first month and all the changes I made I would say it was a success!! I have lost 20lbs this month!!!
SoDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

I can "ditto" everything ilbnej said.
I'm REALLY struggling. I'm in a "I don't want to be a grown up, I want to play, I want to eat what I want when I want it, I want to stay up late, I want to sleep in, I don't want to be responsible anymore" type mood. I have been making really poor choices (not just with food) and they are all catching up with me. The good news is I go on vacation Saturday. A week in Florida at the beach. I'm hoping it will be a time of renewal and I can get some of this pesky child out of me. Thanks for listening.
SoDetermined...you are So Determined! Awesome job!
Goodnuff: Glad you got some type of WI done. Now get your butt to the meeting tomorrow. :-)
tw326at41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #56  

Wow, awesome job sodetermined. I totally believe when you accomplish small goals they pay off. You proved my theory 20-fold! Go you!!!
Tw, do I need to ground your inner brat? Nope, I think it's all just part of the journey. We are all still heading to the same destination, there are going to be days, weeks and God forbid maybe even months that our compasses get all wonky and point us off course. If we keep our destination in mind we will get there eventually. Be patient! Enjoy the beach! If you have to, hold that pesky child under water until she agrees to behave...just kidding.
I'm all set for tomorrows meeting, thanks for the shove!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #57  
made my dad a promise

So Determined - Way to go on the 20 pound mark!!! What an achievement! And way to go on your goals - it sounds like you broke the Dr.P addiction. I feel very similarly about coke now. I enjoy it occasionally, but I don't crave it, and a small glass is plenty satisfying.

GoodNuff - how'd your meeting go?

TW - have fun on vacation! Hopefully none of the tropical weather that's brewing will affect you. Maybe the relaxation time will help you refocus on this effort.

I'm headed to Colorado this weekend, and I'm hoping the change in scenery (AND TEMPERATURE) will do the same for me. It's just a long weekend, but I'm going to appreciate every minute.

See you all in the September thread!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:58 AM   #58  

Oooo have fun in Colorado, I so want to go there someday!