3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Wellness Goals-august 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/239697-300-wellness-goals-august-2011-a.html)

goodnuff 08-15-2011 02:54 PM

How did week 2 go for you jen?
I have to take some time today to figure out where I'm at for the month. I know I've done a good job of tracking, maybe 95%?! I've been walking but not sure how many miles, just have to add em up. I'll update later? Anyone else want to chime in with a mid-month update?
Inches are awesome tw! It's the inches lost that put us in smaller clothes! When I measured a month or so ago I had hardly lost any inches but I can pull my pants off without unzipping or unbuttoning them so I think I ddnt measure in the same places as last time. I measured the widest spot on my arms, thighs etc both times. Maybe I need a better system for measuring!

tw326at41 08-16-2011 10:46 AM

I was up .4 this past Saturday. I have still just kind of been coasting through things. I can not believe we are half way through the month already. Where does the time go??? I did make it to the store this weekend and have have brought my lunch/snacks to work this week. I also plan on making my steel cut oats tonight so I will have breakfast precooked for a week. Now if I can just make good choice at night maybe I can make some headway!
Goodnuff: Measureing is kinda of tricky. I had to make notes of how/where I measured so I could do it more accurately. That is awesome about your pants!!! Congrats.
Hope you all are doing well!!!

lynnie923 08-17-2011 07:42 AM

1. Lose 5 lbs Accomplished
2. Walk every other day Has been depending on weather
3. No bread I have slacked up alot will do better the rest of the month
4 Increase water intake by a glass have been doing this
5. Try to limit pasta intake to once or twice a week at one cup per serving slowly but surely will do better the rest of month

goodnuff 08-17-2011 12:43 PM

Good choices tw. It alwayshelps me when I bring food to work, well what's most helpful is when I eat only the food I bring.
Good job Lynn! Sounds like progress to me!

SoDetermined 08-17-2011 01:24 PM

1) drink AT LEAST 40 OZ of water a day - Done and drinking even more, water is pretty much ALL I drink now ... sometimes a small glass of milk, and I have had two 12 oz Dr. Peppers, and one I shared with my daughter ... not too bad!
2) NO more Dr. Pepper - almost ... so close!!!
3) 20 min (or more) walk (or other activity) AT LEAST every other day - I have been doing very good at this ... I walk at least 20 min. five days a week, and other activities on the other two!! :)

ilbnej 08-17-2011 04:07 PM

Way to go, So Determined! Now you just need to finish up the month just as strong!

Lynnie - you are doing very well too - congrats on the 5 pounds!

TW - I feel your pain - I've been having lunch and dinner delivered nearly every week since I started but since vacation, I've done a few weeks without delivery and a few with just dinners delivered. So I've been going out to lunch more during that time, and golly gee the calories add up quick - one of the reasons I've not lost as much recently. Planning is just so KEY.

Goodnuff - I'm not perfectly on target, but I'm doing much better than last month. I'm keeping track by week on the posts above. Now that TOM is gone, I think the weight is falling off, it "feels" like it is, in terms of tummy jiggly-ness, but i haven't had a chance to get on the wii for an official measurement yet this week. I feel good right now, so hopefully that counts for something.

DayleLynne 08-17-2011 06:16 PM

So it's more than half way through the month, but I've been sitting here trying to figure out where exactly to jump in on this group (that sounds kind of dirty :P), and figured the goals thread would be a good place to start!

For the rest of the month my goals are:

--To not overindulge on my birthday (this Sunday . . . going to have the my customer strawberry shortcake . . . one small slice, not half the cake!)
--To work out for about 1 hour/day (I use the Wii Fit and set a calories burned goal, so the time varies) 6 days a week (so far so good here)
--To drink more water (I mostly drink homemade caffeine free iced tea sweetened with Splenda, about a gallon a day . . . trying to replace every other glass with water)
-- To find and join a swim aerobics class

goodnuff 08-17-2011 07:51 PM

Awesome sodetermined! Wow!
Welcome daylelynn, glad you decided to jump in! Anytime is a good time!

SoDetermined 08-18-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayleLynne (Post 3994520)
--To not overindulge on my birthday (this Sunday . . . going to have the my customer strawberry shortcake . . . one small slice, not half the cake!)

Happy Early Birthday ... My birthday is this Saturday!! :)

goodnuff 08-18-2011 09:59 AM

I hope you all are as excited as me about becoming a "sticky" thread. It doesn't seem that I can get a PM sent to find out how to stay "sticky". Anyone know?
No WI for me today, I have to work a 12 hour shift and just couldn't drag my hiney out of bed a second sooner than absolutely necessary. I'll probably sneak on the scale at work.

lynnie923 08-18-2011 10:35 AM

I am glad its a sticky thread now!!! :D

ilbnej 08-18-2011 10:25 PM

Hey all - this week is going really well for me so far. I said in earlier post that I hadn't had a chance to weigh on the wii yet this week. Well, I'm in a long term THursday challenge, so I did make sure to weigh this morning, and I'm down to 263.7! An all-time new low! TOM water weight is officially kicked to the curb.

My jiggly tummy was not deceiving me, after all - woo hoo! And I can now get into (not comfortably, mind you), my size 20 jeans! The 22s are all kinds of comfy (and the 24s are solidly in the past).

Now, I just need to focus on how good this feels, the next time I want to have dessert......

goodnuff 08-19-2011 01:25 AM

Oh wow jen!!! That is awesome! And reading it put an officia stop to the rye chips and port wine cheese spread binge I was just indulging in. Thanks for the wake up call.

SoDetermined 08-19-2011 11:11 AM

So ... I got my TiCkEr!!! And I called my Dr. to get my last known weight (back in March when I got sick) and it was a little higher than I though ... 327 .. :( Boo!!! BUT ... I also got to do my first weigh in ... 316.4!!!! Higher than I thought it was to begin with, but that means I have lost almost 12lbs!!!! Yippie!!!

goodnuff 08-19-2011 01:27 PM

Great attitude sodetermined, keep at it and you'll hit your mini goal in no time!