Old 07-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #1  
Not for long!

S/C/G: 350/346/200

Height: 5'6''

Unhappy Trying Again

So I've been MIA for awhile. I am having a hard time staying constantly motivated. I was doing well and feeling better and then it just kind of tapered off. I am still taking yoga once a week and I'm really enjoying that. I have two new videos, a yoga and a walking and I have yet to crack them open. I am thinking about joining weight watchers. I feel like I need some sort of accountability. My fiance has tried to help but I get frustrated with him and feel attacked. Does that make sense? I hate to ask but I feel like I need some words of wisdom... thanks.
LackinMotivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #2  
Really Doing

Height: 5'7

We all get like that sometimes. Honestly, I was so frustrated when I first started with my weight loss journey. I hated not eating everything I wanted and having to keep track of every single calorie. I found it laborious and tedious. I even started a thread here about how much I hated it. Though with time, it really got easier.

It DOES get easier. Take my word for it. Also, the main thing is to never, ever give up. That's the key point. Keep on fighting. So what if you mess up one day? That's one day! The next day, do better. Never give up on yourself.

And you are doing things for yourself. You're doing yoga which is amazing. The fact that you are doing that much shows you want this and are in the process of doing it. It gets tiresome but you and you health are worth it.

And I find that if I ask men about weight, I just get frustrated. If you want someone to talk to and share your journey with, you can PM me. I would love to have someone to talk to about it and be accountable to. In fact, you can do this with this whole forum. You're definitely not alone.

Just keep at it my dear and don't give up because of some slip ups. Just get back up, dust yourself off and keep going. My 96 year old grandma told me one day that everyday you have to just put one foot in front of the other and that's how I feel about this weight loss--just one foot in front of the other, one good decision at a time.

You can do it, don't lose hope. Just one day, one step and one-well made decision at a time. Keep fighting. =)

<3
Bridget
reallytrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LackinMotivation View Post
So I've been MIA for awhile. I am having a hard time staying constantly motivated. I was doing well and feeling better and then it just kind of tapered off. I am still taking yoga once a week and I'm really enjoying that. I have two new videos, a yoga and a walking and I have yet to crack them open. I am thinking about joining weight watchers. I feel like I need some sort of accountability. My fiance has tried to help but I get frustrated with him and feel attacked. Does that make sense? I hate to ask but I feel like I need some words of wisdom... thanks.
First of all congratulations on adding in activity to your life! Weekly yoga is great for the body

Motivation doesn't stick around forever. It's a feeling. And feelings come and go. It's great when motivation is around, but we cannot rely on it. Doing what I felt like doing every day means I got up to 330 pounds. No more relying on feelings to get me to do what needs to get done.

I changed my game plan. I commit. I schedule. I do. My daily activity gets done, because I committed to it. After I do it, I feel great! I have NEVER regretted dragging my butt up onto the treadmill. I've never regretted laying down my yoga mat or popping open a workout DVD and just getting it done. Sometimes it's 10 minutes, sometimes it's 30, but it's always worth it. Sure, sometimes I don't feel like it, but it gets done anyways.

Same for choosing healthier foods and sticking to my meal plans.

Commitment > Motivation. Every time.

We have to do what we need to do in order to lose weight. If joining an in person weight loss group like Weight Watchers or TOPS (Taking off the pounds sensibly) helps YOU to lose weight, then perfect! Go find meetings and join! Weight loss is hard enough. Get as much support and help as you need. Don't deny yourself.

I love my husband, and he's very supportive, but he's not the one keeping me in line. I'm the one keeping me in line. If I was accountable to only him ... there'd probably be a lot more fighting I love and appreciate his support, but I'm accountable for my weight loss elsewhere. If that makes sense.

You can do this! 100% can do this. Stick around. Post. Participate. Let us know how things go!

Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

I feel your pain. I have struggled so much in the past sticking with something I "commit" to. Maybe I have commitment problems, not motivation problems... might be a better way to look at it. Though I haven't had much trouble keeping my negative commitments to not exercising and eating badly. I'm trying to make better choices, and I'm going to exercise, regardless of how I'm feeling, mentally or physically. Because in the last few weeks I've made myself do it-- just pushed myself-- not pushed the snooze button-- and just crawled my butt outta bed to go to the gym-- I have gone. I have felt better. Sore feels good as long as I tell myself it does! You're doing good things. I think we just have to make up our minds everyday to do it right, not just make up our minds on day one and hope our motivation keeps up with that day old, week old and month old decision. We need to make it daily. Hmmm, maybe my pep talk was good for me.
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

LackingMotivation: I feel you, I really do. But we can't forget that it took time to gain the weight, and it's gonna take time to lose it as well. I've been on this journey to healthy since June 1st and there have been MANY times where I have wanted to give up and go back to my old ways, but I didn't and I'm so proud of myself for what I've lost so far, and you will feel the same way. So hang in there, don't give up! It will be totally worth it.

Don't over think it, just do it.
neek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #6  
Really Doing

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek87 View Post

Don't over think it, just do it.

Very, very true and apt. Some days, you just got to not think about it and as Nike says 'Just do it.'
reallytrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 381/327/175

Height: 5'10"

Here are some thoughts:

First --- change your "handle" --"lackinmotivation" is not a good mindset -- I know you add "but not for long"....but if you're starting off negatively, you probably won't get far. Make it something positive like "this time is the time" or "on the road to success" or "time for me now" (my apologies if I've listed someone elses ID - just trying to get the message accross

Next --- you need a plan of action. I don't mean you have to pick formal diet program - but you have to know what direction you're headed in so you can start the journey. Drinking water instead of soda is great, but now where? For me, I decided not to "diet" but just to eat sensibly and use portion control. Maybe you need a formal plan, or maybe you need something less restrictive like I do. Since I'm not on a formal plan, I can't fail.

Here are some things what work(ed) for me......

1. Made decision to stop dieting because I fail at diets.
2. Made deision to eat healthy.
3. Made decision to use portion control. I eat until I am not hungry, but do not suff myself. I bulk up my meals by adding lots of veggies to my rice or pasta or sauce.
4. Allow myself (occasionally) to eat something "not so healthy" in sensible amount. I don't beat myself up if I have cake or fried chicken. I mean, get real, we have to eat every day and I'm not going to deprive myself - I'm going to use common sense. Have a piece of cake - but that's it, don't eat the whole cake. Realize that maybe in a week or so you're going to have cake again, so you don't have to eat a whole cake today.
5. Avoid soda totally and drink water, water, water.
6. Avoid the scale.
7. Plan your day or week so you know what you're going to have ahead of time - don't eat impulsively.

You've got to be realistic. Accept the fact you've got to make positive changes in your lifestyle in order to lose weight -- don't fight the changes and don't say you can't do it. Because you can do it if you want to. No one else can do it for you.

Keep posting and reading the boards here -- we all need help and we all want to help others. So Welcome Sister!! Join the team.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to.
noregrets4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #8  
Not for long!

S/C/G: 350/346/200

Height: 5'6''

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all the support and thoughts. Yesterday felt successful, I liked the just do it attitude. I am going to keep going in small everyday choices and force myself to keep exercising even if its ten minutes a day its a start. Noregrets, I realized I should've done a better handle but I can't seem to change it now. unfortunately I was feeling super, super low when I picked it. But it helps me remember where I was and where I don't want to g back to.
LackinMotivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 381/327/175

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like you're feeing better and doing better too - hope you stay positive and keep up the good work.
noregrets4me is offline   Reply With Quote