Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:07 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

The extra lbs I found on vacation are gone! I still haven't found my ankles so maybe another few days of whooshes are in store. Feels so good to be POP. I'm ready to be back to normal around the house - still working on laundry and getting things put away. I was able to get some great exercise in last night. I went to mow my folks yard - mom came out and told me dad said it was too hot for me to mow. I start mowing and notice one of their windows isn't closed all the way. Dad came out to tell me not to worry about the back yard (I mowed it anyway) and I wanted to let him know the window was open - come to find out they didn't have the air conditioning on. I think the whole neighborhood heard me tell him to turn the *&@* a/c on. 100 degree heat - windows closed - no a/c. Fortunately my sister showed up about the same time and could witness this. We will check in on them often (as always).

Stay strong!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #107  

Good morning, Nice to see all of you doing so well with the program. (doesn't matter what program!)

Carol, I just had to respond to your post after reading about your folks and the air conditioning. I know why I hate to run the darn thing so much in this hot weather........the bill! It is not a matter of affording it or not, we can, but I hate to give all of that money to the power Co. LOL! I think as we age, a lot of us get more frugal. I know my Mom was always frugal, but then she lived through a depression. It changes your way of living and thinking. More people need to think green for sure. You were right to have them turn on the air though, it is way to hot to not have it on.

Hello to everyone else! Later, Ruth
Old 06-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

I am excited to start the 100 day challenge!! I need it so bad!
Hubby was mad at me yesterday for monitoring his food. I think this is where it gets so hard. He will not stay eating healthy if I dont make him. GRRr

We are just staying home for the weekend. NO plans except to do some decluttering and sewing. I need a calm weekend.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

OMG, how is it the end of June?????

Angela -- I think we go back a lot later than you (but start summer a lot later too!) Summer time is so precious!

Carol -- Glad to hear you're back OP!!

Ruth -- I keep raising the temp in the house to cut expenses... hubby likes it cool, but understands the need. Still, it's tough.

Debbie -- I have similar issues with my husband. We both do well when we work together on plan, but it's really hard to get him to really get on board!

In positive news, my dog with cancer has finished his radiation treatments, and had a quick followup with the vet. The radiation area is looking good. For now, I'm assuming he's cancer free... we'll have a followup in a few months. I'm thrilled that he did so well and that I no longer have to make the 50 min drive at 6am three days a week!!!!

I need to get my exercise in gear. What I'm doing won't cut it long term.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

STOP - GO TO JULY THREAD
Closed Thread