Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #61  

Good morning! I am trying to clean in the office this morning, but I keep getting distracted by this computer. LOL! I don't really want to clean anyway. Who cares if there is dust everywhere?

Angela, I will try to eat my veggies today.....really. We have our largest meal at lunchtime. I rest better by doing that. Our "snack" at night is something light. (most of the time)

Deb, how is the knee?

A big hello to everyone else. Ruth
Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #62  

Height: 5'7"

I am glad to report my knee is a bit better than yesterday. If it just continues to improve a bit each day I will be happy. I have to stay off of it for the most part and continue to ice it a few times a day.
Food was a bit heavier than it should have been yesterday. I will be more careful today about what I eat. Yesterday I just sat all day long and hubby ran out and brought back food and it wasnt what I should have been eating.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I AM finally done with school. In fact, I'm on vacation this week!! Not going anywhere, though.

The past 2 days my project has been getting the paths in the garden mulched. Pleased to say it looks great now!!

Today am headed into the city to see a friend. A nice break.

Exercise has been better with all the mulching, at least.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #64  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all. Better today, though not perfect. But better. TOM is still hiding, but I managed to be in control of what I ate, and exercised. I realized I have 68 days (counting today) until school starts again, so I'm shooting for 68 days of OP eating and consistent minimum 30 minutes per day of exercise.

Day 1: Got 'er done.

Ruth, I've been trying to clean my office at school for 2 days now. Yeesh! Did you get those veggies in?

Deb, I'm glad to hear the knee is somewhat better. Hope tomorrow sees some more improvement!

Heather, I hope you're enjoying your week off. Pretty nice weather for it, eh?

Sleep tight, ladies. Let's make tomorrow one more step towards our goals!

Angela
Old 06-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #65  

good morning ladies...
My knee is a bit better maybe. The back of my calv is now killing me. It feels like I pulled a muscle in it. I guess the knee hurt so much I didnt notice the other pain. I think a few more days of rest will help it. I know I over did it yesterday.
Eating was not good yesterday. We were out of food and you know what that means. We ended up going to the store after I got finished babysitting for the day. I cut up alot of fruit for a fruit salad and also got the stuff for a 7 layered salad. Food today will be POP. Exercise will have to wait a few more days.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Well I have a half day of work today then it's official vacay mode. I'm very excited to see my brother - hope he sees a difference in me - perhaps it will be the motivation I need - he hasn't see me since I was 348 lbs. I just answered my own question - he will see 85 lb difference. Once we are past our little mini reunion with cousins it will be nice to relax on the Alaska cruise. I plan to come home much more relaxed as our excursions are more laid back due to DH's friends health limitations.

Food is a little sloppy right now. Lots of exercise and good choices planned.

Stay strong!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #67  

Height: 5'11"

Hi all:

I've been doing the couch-to-5K program this week, and one week in, I have shin splints and a shredded pinkie toe. I keep trying to forget that I injure easily (for no particular reason that I can find), but I just keep wanting to do more. My lungs and heart were fine with the running, but the rest of me, I guess not so much.

I've purchased some (expensive!!!) running shoes that were recommended for me, so we'll see what that does. I may have to take the rest of the week off, or at least tonight, and keep icing my legs. Frustrating.

It's good to read about everybody staying on plan -- gives me even more motivation to do so myself!

Happy weekend (almost) everybody!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #68  

Hello!

Nope, Angela didn't get the veggies in again today, but I plan to have some broccoli soup for dinner tonight.

I went in for to get my blood tested again...had it done a couple of months ago and my vit.D was low, so they had me take two 1000mg. a day and come back and have it tested. It was a late b'fast after the test. I mainly wanted my coffee! Maybe two meals today is a good thing.

Hi walrus! Ouchie on the hurts. I have a lot of problems with feet and legs., so I feel for you. I know I need to get some weight off, now if only my mind could follow the script! Hope you get better soon.

You too Deb. Having something hurt is no fun.

Carol, I envy you! I wanna hide in your luggage.

Heather, ENJOY!

Everyone See you tomorrow!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #69  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi ladies, pretty good day so far. Started the day with a half hour of yoga. I do see why people like to exercise in the morning, but I can only manage it when I don't have anywhere I have to be and can take as long as I want to get out of the house. Eating is OP so far and I still plan to do a half hour of cardio after dinner. Can't do cardio salsa, though; knees are complaining about it.

Debbie, I hope that pain works its way on out! At least it's good to hear the knee seems some better...

Carol, have a great trip!

Walrus, I have skinny friends who are runners (half-marathoners, most of them)... and they all end up injuring themselves. Maybe you do injure easily, or maybe running is just awfully hard on the body?

Ruth, hope the bloodwork shows the appropriate bump up.

Have a great evening and a great OP Friday.

Angela
Old 06-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #70  

Knee is a bit better each day but is really weak now.I am going to talk to a chiroprator about it on sunday. I tried to get into his office today but he is out today. I know I need to start some exercises to strengthen it. My calve is still tight but not as bad.

walrus- please becareful running.

angela- I love to take a walk in the early morning. Im hoping to start back walking next week, guess time will tell.

Ruth- I made a 7 layered salad to have in the fridge. I love having it for lunch or as a side to a meal.

Carol- have a great trip and relax.

i didnt weigh in this week. IM going to try and be a bit more careful about what i eat the next few days and weigh in on wed. I know I have not been good thru this knee thing. Im thankful for whatever hubby places in front of me. lol
Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

We're off - North to Alaska (again)! I have my pedometer on and plan on lots of walking to in Portland and Saturday/Sunday in Seattle. I have new Keen shoes - can't wait to try them out - a big change from my normal athletic shoes. Looking forward to fresh seafood.

Stay strong!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #72  

Have a blast Carol!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #73  

Going to have a lazy weekend at home. I think I overdid things a bit yesterday so will rest alot today. Eating has not been what it should be.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #74  

Good morning! How are things with you?

Deb, take it easy on those knees!

Things are going well with eating, the scale is holding steady though. I am going to low carb more next week and see if that will move it down.

Week after this I will have not one but two teenagers with me for a week. WOW! pray for me! LOL! One is 13 and the other 16.

Have a great Sunday my friends. Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 06-19-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #75  

Ruth- I have letting my good eating fall by the wayside the past few days. I am hitting it hard starting right now. I am debating giving up my morning coffee. I know you will have a blast with the two teens? Are they girls or boys? If t hey are girls let them paint your nails for you.

We have had lots of rain in the past 2 days. Storms have woke me two days in a row. At least I dont have to water the garden.
Closed Thread