Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone, and Happy Memorial Day weekend.

I have had 6 OP days and one really horrible day yesterday. That is 6 more OP days than I had the week before. I am also already starting to feel a little better from the overall improved diet and exercise plan. I am always amazed at how well my body responds to a little care and proper feeding.

It seems that a few of us are working up to a trip -Walrus, Carol, and me. i've got 5 weeks to go. Keep going ladies, we all want so much to enjoy our trips.

I keep thinking that I am the only one of my friends who is having anxiety attacks over the plane trip and all the walking and climbing coming up. I doubt they have given a thought to it except to be excited. Maybe someday I will have allowed myself the consistent care that will enable me to go on many trips without giving a thought to exhaustion, fitting into seats and booths, and getting out of breath at normal exertion.

Walrus, I know what holding onto the weight does for me. And like Heather, part of it comes down to straightforward laziness. Not all of it, but some of it. I'd rather sit on the couch than be active, despite the many benefits that come with being active. Yet here I started out with my post noting how well my body responds to eating right and exercising.

Annie - I am so encouraged by your new doctor. I can't wait to hear about you getting rid of your loose skin. What a journey it has been for you.

Congrats learn

Congrats also to Carol on the 2 weeks of whooshes. Tomorrow is another day.

Hi and hugs to everyone else.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #122  

Height: 5'7"

I have been busy with family this weekend. So far my eating has been really controlled. I have been so tempted but didnt give in. We are spending tomorrow just us at home and it should be an easy day to stay op.

I feel so far behind on personals but I have read each post and thinking about why I am overweight. I think for me a big part of it is being lazy. I love the way I feel when I exercise but its work and I just as soon put it off till tomorrow. I always plan to do it just never seem to do it enough.
Annie- thrilled with the news from the dr!!
Carol_ each day is a fresh start!
hugs to all
Old 05-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #123  

Good morning ladies, I don't have a lot of time to stay around this morning, but I wanted to at least come by!

Annie, Having a caring Dr. can make all of the difference in the world in how we feel both physically and mentally (did I spell that right? LOL!) Can't spell this morning. I worked for a Dr. and I know that the patients move through so fast that they don't always get the attention they need. Thank goodness you found a good one!

To everyone else, have a good op day. Ruth
Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to stop in here and say hi to you guys. I'm having a really wonderful day. It is sunny here which is number one! Joel gave the dogs a bath!!! We went for a walk at a park near our house, about 4ish miles away! I walked for about 1/2 hour very slowly but didn't get out of breath!!!!! So, good day although I'm tired now.

Silent: It is so good for us to reflect and look inside at why we do things.

Battle: Woo hoo to the 6 good days!!! I'm sorry that you are stressing about your trip. I know what that is like. In 2008 I flew to CA from Spokane WA and before my trip I was so scared. It will all be okay! Try to focus on the fun you will have! I have to tell you, I'm not counting down to a trip like you and Carol but... I am trying to get the extra weight off so I can get that tummy tuck or lower body lift! I'm hoping I can get it this year before Dec. (prayering) If not, it will be okay.

Debi: Hi hon.

Ruth: You are so right about having a Doc who is mentally helpful! I wonder how much of my healing is due to my attitude and how much is the new meds.

I'm posted pics of my DH Joel with our dogs: Moose and Molly at the Falls Park and then a photo of me currently with my mushroom head bangs on the 300+ thread if anyone wants to go have a look see.

Hugs and blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

The weekend fortunately is over - as is the eating madness!

Annie - are we twins? We have the same dress and same dogs!

Battle - think of the change that can be made before your trip - you can do this!

Stay strong!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #126  

I had a great weekend. I stayed super busy yesterday cleaning out the basement. I had things that had gotten wet during the flooding and they were starting to smell musty and moldy. We were able to get rid of everything except our carpet. I spent the whole day cleaning and carrying things up the steps and out to the curb. A lady from down the street would then take the stuff to her house. She later thanked me for what I considered rag towels. She said they were better than what she has to use daily.I guess Im more blessed than I realised. I then went up and cleaned out my linen closets and you thought I had given her a million dollars. She was thrilled with the sheets and blankets. It made me feel good to help her out and makes me happy to no longer have it in my closet. Decluttering feels GREAT!!

Food was great till the end of the day and I fell into a bag of pecan sandies. I stopped at 4 but still 360 calories in cookies...how stupid!!

Back at it hard today...lets get an early start on june!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies!

Debbie -- I think many of us are more blessed than we realize. It can be a sobering reminder....

I have a long day at work, but I hope to keep on track with food. I like getting an early start on June.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Debbie, what a nice feeling it is to be able to help someone else out. It often takes so little to make a difference for someone. I know I have been thrilled to receive castoffs from others at various points in my life.

Today is off to a rocking start. I woke up early, exercised, and cooked lunch and dinner. I have my whole day's worth of food all ready to go. No need to go off plan.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Morning all,

Carol: I think we must be. Great minds and all that Hugs.

Debi: That lady down the street from you is such a special reminder to how lucky we are! Makes me smile to know that she was blessed. Today is a new day without cookies!

Heather: I agree!

Battle: Woo hoo for being ready in advance! Way to go.

I'm feeling so great today that I can't seem to sit still. I am doing laundry and thinking about tackling the master bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom really needs it after the dog's shower in there. I am supposed to listen to my body and that is hard when my brain is part of my body telling me to move my butt! lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #130  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Was traveling for the long weekend (Scrabble tournament in Chicago) so I've been MIA. Eating was so-so while gone, and exercise almost nonexistent. But my weight is the same as last week, so I feel grateful for that.

Not much to say, must get caught up with work, so flying by... hope everyone's having a great Tuesday.

Angela
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #131  

great OP day!! no desire for cookies. I will go and exercise in the basement tonight.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #132  

Hi All - Wednesday morning in Melbourne - cold and frosty for the first day of winter!! Hooray - winter is better for larger ladies prone to sweating like moi!

What a double - decluttering and helping a fellow human being - a double feel -good affair!

Annie - how lovely for you to feel the energy in your body - it's a great reward for all your perserverance and terrific attitude.

Vortex - Scrabble tournament hey????? Good with words obviously!

Hope you ar all ready for JUNE - we in Australia being the forward looking people that we are, are already onto the 1st June!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:12 PM   #133  

Height: 5'11"

Hi all:

Just an off day today -- it was 98 degrees out, and the "Real Feel" was 111 degrees. Ugh. So I stayed inside in the AC all day and did really well for food until after dinner, when I felt like I needed more than I'd had and ended up having a big cheese and cracker snack. If I had had a "better" weekend, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but I'm coming off 2 weeks of overeating, and I really don't want to keep going down that path...

Good luck to you all this week!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #134  

STOP an join us on a Junes thread
Closed Thread