3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Pedometer Support??..Care 2 Join Me? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/229479-pedometer-support-care-2-join-me.html)

Liliann 03-31-2011 08:18 PM

Pedometer Support??..Care 2 Join Me?

Hiya all,

I had posted on the fitness section few weeks ago on anyone using a pedometer to track step/miles,but did not get any respones.

Today had started walking and have set a fitness goal on walking 50 miles before this year ends. I walk by doing errands, in my driveway, and aslo around my long block for a few laps. I walked 2 miles today!! =4000 steps!!

I am hoping if others folks of my weight level and to join me on my fitness efforts. I must do this!! due of daily/constant pain on my right buttock and this keeps me going on pushing myself to get out and walk!! I have no reason on sitting way to long anymore..

Using a pedometer is so motivational, and it keeps me going ..We can share encourangements on this thread or PM for a one on one support. I will get on here daily..each night.

KiltedHeather 04-01-2011 12:54 AM

I would be happy to track with you!
My SO is going to move a chair and desk out of my living room and set up my treadmill this weekend...its easier for me to walk on there than going down the street, cause I hate getting to a point that I cant go anymore, but I am nowhere near home (luckily lately its only been a few houses!) but I also dont want the neighbors to see my struggling to go a few steps.

Now to find my pedometer....(moved recently and still havent unpacked most of my stuff LOL)

Kristy Lynn 04-01-2011 07:33 AM

I'll join in!
I'm still waiting on my pedometer to arrive. I ordered it from Amazon last night. I'm really interested to see how many steps I take on average during the day. I'm a preschool teacher at a daycare & I lovee to going shopping (even just window shopping), so I'm always on my feet!
:D

lynnie923 04-01-2011 07:47 AM

I will join in as soon as I come up with the money for the pedometer. Maybe next month though I will try sooner though.

Liliann 04-01-2011 09:14 AM

Thank you for the replies!!

I am stay at home caregiver, so after each meal, am out walking. I walked corner 2 corner on my street in the light rain after my morning meal..almost 1 mile I did. Later on tonight will post my total.

Happy walking!! WE CAN DO IT!! :)

Liliann 04-02-2011 12:50 PM

In 2 days so far..Walked 4 Miles!! Yahooo!! I noticed while am walking, my pain on my right buttock don't hurt much. Its a good sign!

3-31 4049 steps = 2 miles!
4-1 4093 steps = 2 miles!!

This weekend will continue. I am determined on my walking efforts. I am a walker chick, don't even own a car..So walking is my main fitness. Once I get stronger and have more energy. Will walk on the track near my park.

lynnie923 04-02-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liliann (Post 3788098)
In 2 days so far..Walked 4 Miles!! Yahooo!! I noticed while am walking, my pain on my right buttock don't hurt much. Its a good sign!

3-31 4049 steps = 2 miles!
4-1 4093 steps = 2 miles!!

This weekend will continue. I am determined on my walking efforts. I am a walker chick, don't even own a car..So walking is my main fitness. Once I get stronger and have more energy. Will walk on the track near my park.

WTG!!! I just ordered mine so it should be coming next week. I got some ankle weights too.

Lynn

KiltedHeather 04-02-2011 05:17 PM

I totally spaced out and forgot my pedometer today, but I am happy to say that I took my girls to the zoo and walked around for 2 hours...and only had to sit down and rest 3 times. No clue how many steps, but it felt good !

konfyoozed 04-02-2011 05:34 PM

hey, i also ordered myself a pedometer (and wrist cuff to measure bp!) on amazon last night. so as soon as it gets in, i will also track my steps!

i work retail, so i walk around a lot too. :)

Kristy Lynn 04-02-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed (Post 3788385)
hey, i also ordered myself a pedometer (and wrist cuff to measure bp!) on amazon last night. so as soon as it gets in, i will also track my steps!

i work retail, so i walk around a lot too. :)

:) I think I will end up getting something like that to measure my bp as well, but it'll have to wait for a little while. I'm pretty curious to see how many steps I take in the course of a normal day!

konfyoozed 04-02-2011 11:08 PM

the one i found on amazon was only like 30 dollars, if that, and had a lot of good reviews... plus since it's over 25 bucks it ships free. i was happy to find one because monitoring my bp has become something i am curious about.

Liliann 04-03-2011 10:39 AM

Lynnies..You will love your pedometer..Its wonderful on seeing those number steps. Looking forward on how well you will do.

Mandy... Looking forward on hearing about your progress as well. Its so motivated to see those steps numbers higher.

Heather...Wow, 2 hours of walking!! That is amazing. Good for you!!

Saturday- I did walking, not much, am in pain..so I am resting this weekend. Monday will start again for the new week.

My pedometer is Omron hip sensor one..It very good and it only works when I have sneakers on..it don't work barefoot or flip flops. It resets on its own at midnight. which That is what I like.

Enjoy your Sunday!

KiltedHeather 04-03-2011 04:28 PM

Thanks! I havent moved much at all today, but well, thats ok. I will get this daily thing worked out LOL

Wow, you guys have such fancy pedometers!! I swear to god, I got one of mine from Target for under $10 and the other one from the Dollar Store LOL

I am going to actually going to look into a little fancier one...gives me something to do while the race is on LOL

milliej 04-03-2011 05:03 PM

I would love to join you guys. I did a contest at my gym in march we had to go to the gym 4 days a week and walk 10,000 steps everyday. I loved it. It really made me think were I could get a few extra steps in everyday. At work everytime I went to the copier, or get a bottle of water, or anywhere really I would take a lap or two around the building, and the steps added up very quickly.

Liliann 04-03-2011 07:22 PM

Welcome aboard Millie!! Yes, it is so couraging on seeing those steps numbers rise up. Good luck with your goal...Looking forward on seeing your progress!