Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #46  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

just wanted to update that today i saw 268.5 on the scale.

total loss of 31.5 pounds since i started march 15th.

i am now no longer in the 'morbidly obese' category.

i have lost 10% of my starting weight.

and i did all of this in the 9-10 week period before my wedding.

i kinda feel like superwoman
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #47  

40 pounds down as of today

260 on the scale... woohoo!

pics here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...cs-change.html
Old 07-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up You can do this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed View Post
Hey everyone, I am just getting started on this wonderful but painful, exciting but frustrating, rewarding but taxing journey of losing almost half of my starting weight. I posted (last night I think) in the bio thread, but I wanted to elaborate on me and my story, and why this time is different.

Since most of the other info is in the bio, I'll start with my wake up call.

On March 14th I had a doctor's appointment at the lady doctor to start on birth control, since I'm getting married in May, and we believe in waiting until after marriage for sex (hubby to be is a pastor in training!). When she inquired about the length of time I would need the birth control, I told her approximately 3 years until he finishes school and we are settled somewhere permanently. She said 3 years should be enough time to lose the weight if I started soon, and preferably ASAP, as I need to lower my blood pressure to continue on birth control (it was 130/78, but apparently the BC pill has a side effect of raising blood pressure). She also told me that if I got pregnant at my current weight (then - clothed, 304lbs, at home in my undies before food right at 300lbs) the complications that would likely crop up could be fatal to the baby and/or myself.

That was an eye opener for me. I went out to dinner that night with my family and considered it 'my last splurge' and then started my diet the next day. Since then I've been exercising daily with my Wii (using the Walk It Out) game, counting my calories (I have lowered my intake to 1600-1800/day), and taking Alli (for the last 3 days anyway) with the 2 meals a day that have between 10g and 15g of fat. My breakfast is usually fruit or light yogurt, wheat toast and jam, and skim milk which rarely goes over a couple grams of fat, so I don't take the Alli. Over the last 2 weeks I've lost almost 10lbs. I know it's probably mostly water weight, but it's a start and it's encouraging.

Last night I took my 'before' pic, and nearly cried. Seeing myself in the mirror just didn't look as bad as the photo did. I hadn't seen a photo like that before, and I really do not like it at all. I am tired of my stomach sticking out further than my breasts. I am tired of my thighs rubbing together and wearing holes in my pants. I am tired of being tired. And I am tired of having to stop playing competitive games with my fiance on the Wii after a few minutes because I'm too tired to continue.

I need to do this for my health. I need to do this for my self esteem. And I need to do this for my husband to be, because he wants children as badly as I do, and until this weight comes off, we can't have them.

I will be taking photographs of myself in the same pose as my 290lb pic, every 10lbs, at 280, 270, etc. I don't have the courage to post them yet because they make me so depressed that I'm not quite ready to offer them up for public consumption and ridicule (even in this group of very supportive folks that I am pretty sure wouldn't judge or joke me). However, I am very glad to have found this forum and the support, encouragement and motivation it provides to keep me going.

So, thank you in advance everyone, and hopefully this can keep me accountable!
Hi! Thanks for sharing your very personal story, much of which I can easily relate to. I understand the tired of being tired, the thigh rubbings, the out of breath disappointment. I also was having chest pains and honestly thought I could die. I started out on 4-2-11, weighing a whopping 320 lbs. Now, 3 months later, I weigh 260, and I really feel like this time I will succeed in losing the weight once and for all. I want to rediscover the real me, the one that was hiding away behind layers of life-sucking fat. I am not married but hope to be one day. I have a son and want to be a positive, healthy role model for him. The Medifast plan is really working for me. Best wishes on your journey! I believe in you!

sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #49  

thanks sidanne!

and congratulations on your loss so far, you're doing great! i hope you're taking progress photos, i find them to be very motivating, especially when you can start visibly seeing the changes. i can finally see them in the pictures at 40lbs lost. i'm very much looking forward to hitting the next mark and taking the next picture and looking for the different changes.

i absolutely love the various ideas i've borrowed from people on this site to help with the weight loss motivation!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Yay for wedding pictures!!!!! I noticed you changed your picture. Looks like you are rocking it girl! Keep up the good work. We will be able to get pregnant at a healthy weight in no time!!!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #51  

updating my story with more progress for me!

me, 10 pounds into my journey at 290:

me, 50 pounds into my journey at 250:

i never ever thought i'd see 250 again... i haven't been 250 in 10 years.

seeing the change is great motivation to keep going!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #52  

S/C/G: see ticker

WoW ... you have made amazing progress!!! You are such and inspiration!!! CoNgRaTs
SoDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote