Old 01-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/*ticker*/180

Height: 5'9

Default 200lbs in 18 months?

How long do you think it will take to loose 189lbs? If I'm commited, excersing, eating low cal and low carb...what is possible and realistic? Can I do it in about 18 months?
kimmirue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #2  

I have done that and its took me 27 months. Never set a time frame for weight loss. What are you going to do if you don't lose it in 18 months?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

It has taken me 12 months and 3 weeks to lose 144 pounds and I am very strict with myself. At this point, the weight loss has slowed to a crawl and I think that the last 50 pounds I want to get off is going to take me another year.

I totally side with Quilter though; setting time frames for weight loss will almost definitely end with you being disappointed 9and will that disappointment make you stop trying to get healthy? Who knows, but why risk it...). I suggest you give it your all and instead make your goal to stay committed for 18 months - and then just see how much you have lost
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:33 PM   #4  
Squeeee

S/C/G: 200/161/110

Height: 4"11

Is there anything happening in 18 months that can wait if you're not at goal yet? ^_^
Squishy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I lost 100 pounds in 55 weeks, starting smaller than you are now. If you're consistent, the weight comes off easier at first and then slows. If your goal weight is considered "normal" for your height, then taking off that last 10 or so could take a while.

Assuming that 18 months from now you've lost a lot of weight and completely changed your life, I have a feeling you'll be thrilled, whether you've lost 100 pounds or 150... So, like others, I'm cautioning you against setting fixed timetables where you will feel like a failure if you've "only" lost 100 pounds in that time...

I also want to say you can do this and not starve yourself to death. The goal would be to have a plan that's sustainable for weight loss and maintenance.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

No time frame here! I feel better with every pound I lose, so the final "goal", that I really just picked out of a hat anyway, is not THE goal. THE goal for me, is to continue to live a healthy lifestyle and watch the pounds go in their own good time. No hurry!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #7  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

you shouldn't really put a strict time limit on it because odds are you won't do perfect every single day, some people can but it is very hard and requires the right circumstances all the time also. Also if you have that mind set like I'm going to do this perfect I have found you never stick with it because the first time you mess up you are so down on yourself and just give up. So I would just say start and do the best as you can don't give up if you have a bad meal just start again right after you slip up don't wait till next week next month you know all the excuses we give lol. You are going to mess up some but just keep on going as best you can and you will get there.

Also would you rather be a lot slimmer in 18 months maybe not exactly where you want to be but a lot slimmer or would you want to still be what you are now or larger for that day. If you start now and don't do perfect at least you will lose a lot of weight by that time better than nothing

It is possible but it would be very very hard to answer your question. You could lose 100 or more though probably just by doing pretty good.

Last edited by going2bskinny; 01-30-2011 at 11:35 AM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 378/*ticker*/180

Height: 5'9

Thanks so much for your replies, ladies. And to answer your question: no, there isn't a big event or anything happening in 18 months. I just kinda wanted to have an idea about what was possible and what was realistic.

I've decided to set mini-goals for myself using specific dates. I understand that could be setting myself up for disapointment if I don't succeed, but I think the rewards outweigh the risks. It lets me visualize the future and motivates me to keep loosing. Like for instance, one of my goals is to be 280lbs by the 4th of July. And that is not exact, give or take five pounds and I will be happy. I know at that weight I can fit on the rollercoasters at King's Island, because I used to go all the time. So I am buying season passes for the family. I figure if I'm still too fat, then I can sit there and watch everyone else have fun. It will be my fault.

And since my main reason for loosing weight is to have more children. I'm just trying to think if I want to try and loose all the weight and get it over with...then get pregnant...or not. Hmmm...lol I'm thinking outloud.

But, I know I will feel like a million bucks if I weighed 200lbs...so the 168 goal is not set in stone...
kimmirue is offline   Reply With Quote