300+ MONTHLY thread #1282 -- Happy new year!

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Hi all,

I am back from the funeral and saw a lot of family I had not seen in probably about 20 years. Time flies. The service was nice. The trip was a little killer....drove 26 hours in the 43 hours we were gone from home. I have mentally (tried to) put everything that has happened in the last 4 months behind me, and I feel ready to work on getting things prioritized.

While I recognize I still need to work minimally 60 hours a week, I need to be determined to get my exercise in, meal plan, AND STICK TO IT. I have written done exercise and calorie goals for the next 3 weeks or so. I just have to stick to it and remain focused. I am sure I will go through some hunger as I have been eating way too many calories. But I am back at it, and feel happy about making at least the emotional commitment.

Quick question....where are some of the folks who used to be on here? Dogpal and Catherine? I see many of the others are on the 40+ board, but I feel like I haven't seen anything from them.

I am off tomorrow, which means I am going to try to keep work down to 3 hours or less, loads of errands to get done, and I need to try to stay focused. I will also be trying to pop on here more often to make sure I am holding myself accountable.

Oh, and the Steelers won today. Toot sweet.

Angie
  • Kayley I have no idea why you aren't losing quicker or more than you are. Have you had blood tests done to check for pcos & other stuff that will make weight-loss harder? I know you have to pay in the US & I have no idea how you fund DR visits but if you're covered it might be an idea to ask her/him to see what they think. It must be driving you nuts, I know I'd be reaching for the chocolates & booze if I were you & thinking of quitting the exercise too, you are SUPER FAB for sticking with it, you will be slim with that attitude.xxxxxx
    Well I went on a cross-trained at the hotel....owwww my thighs are killing me, even though I did loads of stretches, I went a bit crazy so I struggled to get up & down stairs, wish I'd used the sauna, steamroom & pool instead! It was a fun week-end, lots of silly games and dares. The pubs in Kegworth will never be the same! I'm back to eating properly now and I'm going to attempt some exercise that doesn't involve my thighs!
    xxxxx sharon
  • kayley - dont be so hard on yourself, first off, an almost 8 lb loss in 1 week is great, but a LOT. a good portion of that i would assume to be water weight, which is why you put on some this week. are you weighing yourself at the same time? only once a week? are you looking at other benchmarks? measurements and such.

i know a lot of people justify gain by saying its muscle, but it takes a lot longer to gain enough muscle to make a pound of difference. also, people say that fat weighs more than muscle, which is not true at all. a pound is a pound. the correct use would be that muscle is more dense than fat so fat takes up more room than muscle. at any rate, dont beat yourself up. you know that a healthy loss pattern is 2 lbs a week. losing weight is not an overnight process. just stick with what you're doing. even if the scale doesn't show it, you know you're getting healthy and you cant measure that on a scale
  • Cyn - I'm so glad to hear you carve out time for your crafting. I miss knitting and baking (my favourite hobbies) terribly, but I wasn't able to bring much stuff with me to Thunder Bay and I don't find the time I should to do them while I'm here. Hope you're doing well otherwise (tummy stuff, family stuff).

Kayley - I hear you my dear, I feel like so often I go 5 steps forward (or rather, pounds) and 1 step back. Just keep making good choices and it will pay off! It's frustrating, but focus on the great things you're doing for yourself.

Realist - Yikes, what a week you've had. Way to go with your commitment to sticking to your meal plan and exercise!

Sharon - How are your thighs? That's great that you and your girlfriends had a great trip!

Princess - How's it going for you? Hope you're doing well with your eating and exercise too. So great that you're making skating a key part of it... I love winter!

---------------------

I'm doing really well right now... got a bit of a cold but I think I'm beating it. I spent a little over an hour shoveling our driveway today (my landlord is away, so it's up to my roommates and me to do it) and it felt great. What good exercise that is! Had another on plan day of eating... looking forward to recording Friday's weigh-in. Although I weigh every morning, I only record Friday's. Consistency and all that. The weather here is amazing... so much snow, and so nice and cold. I love Canadian winters, and these northern Ontario winters are pretty amazing.
  • Sharon - I have no type of health insurance, and the last doctor I visited cost me nearly $300. Just don't have the kind of money for tests and whatnot. *sigh* Last time I was at my gyno, they were pretty sure I have PCOS, but since hubby & I don't want children, she told me that it wasn't really a big deal. I know I had a thyroid test done, and that was fine. Just gotta keep chugging along.

Luan - Hey girly! How have you been?! Anyhow, I'm not sure WHAT the weight was. I wouldn't think it'd be water weight, as that usually drops off me when I first start a diet, and I've been doing the same thing for about 8 months. 1-2 hours of exercise daily and counting my points/making healthier decisions. All a part of the process, it's just extremely frustrating, that in a YEAR of doing this, I lost..oh...28-35 lbs? Oi.
  • Quote: Hey everyone...

I'm so frustrated, and this is the only place I can vent. I had a 7.4 lb loss last week....after being plateau-ed for close to 2 months. I was very happy about it, and continued busting my butt in our home gym every day this week as per usual, feeling great! So this week's weigh in, I'm UP 1.6 lbs! It's just SO frustrating, as I eat within my points (usually a bit under, as I'm not hungry enough to eat 41 points on most days), and I work out EVERY DAY. I know that I shouldn't be a slave to the scale, and that weight fluctuates, and that I'm gaining muscle, blah blah blah...but I can't help but feel like I'll never accomplish my weight loss goals...I do everything right, and STILL I have a gain. I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself, or down, but I'm just incredibly frustrated/irritated. I feel as if I'm doomed to be obese for the rest of my life.
    I know you dont have insurance, but it sounds like it is high time for some blood tests and to figure out this PCOS. I dont agree with your Dr that since you dont want kids its nothing to worry about. Are you having normal cycles? Even if you are, there are medications that can help with the PCOS and in turn help you lose weight. PCOS can be a huge hinderance to weight loss. Is there somewhere close to you that you could work that offers insurance? Could Andrew get a different job that offers insurance so you could be covered? I know you've applied at dozens of jobs in your field, but you may have to take something outside your field so that you have insurance. I have worked customer service for many years and am ending up taking another job that I dont really want all because I have to have insurance. I hate customer service but am hoping this new job will be better. I applied at this specific company because I knew that thier insurance covered gastric bypass and I need thave coverage for followups and any complications. I understand its not the best situation, but its really not healthy to go along with issues like this with no treatment.
  • evening all..

I am taking a big leap of faith here...I went to my GI dr again to discuss my gastroparesis. I have decided to try Reglan. I am so scared..but at the same time..I am so sick of this crap! I really hope this helps me. She seems to think it will since I have a mild case. I cant imagine having it so bad as some other people. I just want some sort or normal..and I hope this gives it to me without getting the horrible side effects.

I have been crafting alot..I think that really keeps my mind busy

Hugs to you all
    Cyn

PS>>>AMY!!! I am now following your blog!! I have a blog too! If you care to follow!!!
  • Hi everyone. I'm back. The holidays were a really hard time for me, but I re-committed to staying on plan and eating healthy for the new year. I've been doing pretty well the past two weeks!

Last week, I lost 3 lbs. My doctor gave me a goal of losing 10 lbs per month, and so far I am on track.

neonwildflower - Isn't snow shoveling the best exercise? I live in Vermont and we keep getting hit with big snow storms, which means guaranteed exercise each morning.
  • Just popping in, as I have for a while now, but wanted to wish all the 300 Club gals a Happy New Year! So many new faces. How are you all doing?
  • THE JOURNEY CONTINUES....

I am so excited to have a brand new year to fill with successes and adventures. There were a few bumps in my road last year, 4 surgeries, some medication induced kidney failure, some months in and out of the hospital, crawling my way back on my feet after 4 months of being bedridden. Some little potholes I hit included dropping the computer and ruining the hard drive. So I've been out of touch with 3FC since September! I am sorry I missed an opportunity to meet Carol.

But mostly, I am GRATEFUL. God had been merciful enough to allow me to continue life's journey. And I am EXCITED to see what is next. My weight loss journey was detoured for a while, but I want to get back on the road to success!!!

HELLO TO EVERYONE... Friends from the past and friends I'm looking forward to meeting.

Blessings to all,

Lindy (Dinkachu)
  • Hello my Peeps!

Torister and Lindy, welcome back!!!

Lindy, oh my about surgeries and borking the computer.

Welcome Maple!!

Welp, I officially have influenza. I'm miserable. I'm a very whiney patient and moan and groan a lot. Good thing only the animals hear me. I even had the flu shot last year!!! I'm not sure where I got exposed, but pretty sure it was at work. I get so mad at people coming to work sick (especially since we have a good sick leave policy).

My stall is ongoing, but the wild fluctuations in my weight were due more to the digital scale I was using. I got a regular spring scale and it's more consistant. yay! Amazing how those fluctuations can play with my mood!

Sharon, the animals are doing great. Charley, the golden, doesn't even have any evidence of those baseball sized tumors that were removed. Bossman kitty is still my "little" loverboy. Buford the parrot got a new cage for Xmas and learned he could buzzsaw through the cheap dowelrods as his perch. It scared us all when the perch broke in half and he fell (he was just fine). It was a good laugh though. I'm so glad you got to spend some time with friends the other weekend!!!

Real, are you coming out of lurkdom for real? hehe. I'd love it if you do. I always wonder how you are doing.

Cyn, I hope the Reglan works for you. Any sign of facial twitching, call your doctor. Good for you for doing crafts and keeping yourself busy! I'm doing the longest cross stitch pattern (I work on it in spurts lol).

Luan, everytime I see your avatar, I think of your roller derby personna! It makes me smile.

Neon, I'm sure your cold is over now. Sounds like your placement and teaching is perfect for you.

Kayley, don't be discouraged!!! You are doing fabbo!

Special hugs to all my lurkers and anyone I accidently missed. My head is a little fuzzy right now.

Hugs to all, stay warm and well!
    Ratkity
  • Good morning! How is everyone doing?

I've had a great week so far and when I weighed myself this morning, I was down another 2 lbs.

I had a good breakfast and packed a healthy lunch to bring with me to work, so hopefully today goes well too! I am going to a movie night with a few friends and the plan is to have pizza. I'm debating what I should do... have one slice of veggie pizza and then stop? Eat before I go and turn down the pizza?

ratkitten - Ack, that sounds awful. I hope you feel better soon. You definitely have a reason to be whining. Take care of yourself!
  • Whopping two pound weigh-in... all week the scale was stuck around 273. I'm a little disappointed, but not discouraged. Really long weekend ahead of me between school stuff today and social stuff that's planned. Social gatherings are so tiring when you're watching what you eat... it's constant pre-planning, mental math, explaining why you're not eating/drinking everything in sight... augh. And I'm still sick, can't shake this cold... just generally feeling crummy. Thanks for letting me wallow for a minute. Needed that before I get out and kick the world's butt again today.
  • Hi all,

Well, I have not been able to post as much as I would lilke, but at least I am back again. I didn't lose like I have wanted, but I am trying to stick with it.

It's good to see you all.

I will pop in again, and hopefully have more to say.

Angie
  • Hello My Peeps,

The flu is finally going away. At least the fever has gone as of yesterday evening. It was nice not to wake up drenched in sweat last night. I have weirdo dreams with the cold medicine though. My sinuses got involved 2 days ago so now I have a head cold. Old TOM showed up yesterday too, just in case I wasn't aware how much I ached everywhere else ugh!

My mother, bless her, asked how much weight I was losing while sick. ugh. Just fyi, I never lose weight while sick unless I get dehydrated.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hugs,
    Ratkity