Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #106  
Queen of Everything

Height: 5'5''

Hello Ladies!

Hope this post is finding you well and warm if you are freezing cold like me here in the Midwest! There are way too many posts on here to catch up on after 2 days of absence, but yay for all of us! LOL

As for me today, I am staying POP, even after going to Olive Garden with a few of the girlfriends. Now, I was really skeptical to go because I thought it'd mean curtains to my calorie count if I actually ate something I wanted (aka: pasta, a bowl of soup, and breadsticks). Needless to say though, I only spent 800 calories for the entire meal (still a lot, but no when you consider I ate seafood alfredo, one bowl of soup, and one breadstick) because I reviewed the menu before hand and (I had no clue this existed there) ordered the lunch size, which was smaller and quite frankly, left me feeling good about what I'd eaten and how I felt afterwards-- not overly full from pasta. I was so incredibly proud of myself! I guess this proved to me that with a little planning, there is no reason why I should have to drastically change what I eat (none of the "I can't eat that" stuff!)

Keep it sassy ladies and I'll get back to personals tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #107  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Boon shacka lacka, Boon shacka lacka,

I am still here and still standing.

Ladies I had just typed out a post That was just wonderful and then my computer froze and that took care of that. Just don't have it in me tonight to redo. I will try to re-post again tomorrow just as I had it. My story of my encounter of the day was so special. Will try it again tomorrow.

Just want to say WELCOME to all of our new comers and glad you have chosen to spend some of your time here with us. I will give each of you a proper welcome tomorrow.

I would like to say Violet, you have started and that is a wonderful thing, a doing quite well I might add.

To Carol and Learn,
No tapping just yet, still working late and missing my meeting, but keep practicing.

LOve you all,
hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count,
Ags
Old 01-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #108  

Good morning friends!

Carol- Glad your doing well. San Juan is a little far for me darling.

CJ- Awesome about the hard-core calorie/carb tracking. Let us know how well it works for you. By the way I am totally enjoying your newest pics on fb, beautiful. Especially the depth of field ones with the plant leaves.

Ona- Wow a 12 minute jog, that is awesome. Keep it up you marathon runner you.

Shannon- So sorry about the water line break. Ouch!!! What a mess I'm sure.
Congratulations on the 3 lb. lose.

Violet- Hey girl!

Turtle- I oh soooo love Olive Garden. When hubby and I go it's usually soup/salad and one breadstick for me. I try to remember to ask for the salad dressing on the side so I can be in control of how much I eat.

Ags- Sleep well my friend and you can catch up later. Can't wait to hear you encounter story.

I had a POP day yesterday. I did my every other thursday marathon shopping run. First I hit Walmart @ 7:30 am, next is Walgreens for scripts, then Publix for they're BOGO sale and finally Sams for the rest of my groceries, petfoods, etc... I finally stopped at 12:30 pm.
Bought me a new wok and had a wonderful stir-fry for dinner with lots and lots of veggies.
Today is rest my aching back day. Maybe a little Wii stepping if I feel up to it. Yesterday really did in my back though, so I may listen to my spine and just rest.

That's it ladies, have a wonderful Poppin' day!

LEARNingtoliveagain
Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #109  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hi ladies!

Learn, I need to get some new pans for cooking, too! I've really never used a 'wok' per se, but maybe I can incorporate it and start doing more stir fry.

Ags, these darn computers! Sometimes they can really be the pits. Sorry that your wonderful post disappeared. No worries though because we can still feel your WONDERFULNESS!

Tiffie, great job with staying POP especially at Olive Garden! That is my absolute favorite restaurant and I tend to overdo it when I go. I think I may challenge myself a bit next time to see if I could do it too.

Ona, great job on the 12 minutes of straight running! I can't wait until I am able to do that. I can run in place for a few mins straight, but when I get out on the street I can barely go a minute LOL.

Shannon, OMG that is terrible about your own little swamp. So glad that it got fixed and that you have some pretty insane water pressure. Also, what a great fantasy... I am really excited as the weather gets warmer to hear your updates on adding some running/jogging into your program. That is what I am looking for too!

CJ, way to go on getting started with your counting calories. I have never been one for strictly counting calories, but I definitely want to learn to weigh out foods and see how much portion sizes really are.

My positive for this weekend is that I plan to sit down and do a week's worth of meals (i havent done that in about 6 months) before I go grocery shopping. It's time to get back to that because then it helps me to stay away from the fast food places and from too much of the 'bad' stuff!

Also, I need to get a new bathroom scale. i hate it b/c this is the 3rd or so scale I've bought in the past 3-4 years. Any recommendations?

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 01-07-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #110  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

HELLO ALL YOU EXQUISITE JEWELS....hope everyone is having a beautiful friday!!

positives...
1. i got my zumba on today!!! 35 mins this time...i am determined to do that full 45 mins class if it kills me!! i think i could do it, if i didn't do the 30 mins on the exercise bike and walking my half mile just before the zumba class starts, because by the time i get to zumba i am already exhausted! haha but i will not be defeated!! after zumba, its into that refreshing pool for the water aerobics, which i absolutely adore!! then today i spent a luxurious 15 mins in a sauna....ooooo i HEART THE SAUNA!! Thank you LORD for the person who invented the sauna!!

2. i have been pop all week....feels good...and i got a snowglobe back! yipeee. goodbye christmas splurge!

3. i hung my NYE black gown on the door into my office / guest room...so i pass it EVERY DAY....i have to pass it to journal, i pass it to chat on fb and 3fc....and everytime i pass it, i just smile and say, hello little black dress!!! it feels good...and i am surprised at how inspiring it can be...i mean its just a dress haning there!! even so...

desidoo....wussuppppp gf???? doesn't a 'SORENESS" FROM A GOOD WORKOUT FEEL FABULOUS!! i mean...it just hurts in a good way....know what i mean??? keep on rockin' sista!!! <3 U!!

hello mybody.... i think it is a GREAT idea what you are doing to plan your weekly menu....it is so vital to me...and i really think it is what helps me stay on track so well with my food intake. i buy what is on the list and then leave the grocery store...saves on my grocery budget too!!

hi learn.... i don't think we need a POP challenge anymore...as i see we are determined chickadoodles...POPPIN' every day!!! way to go!! glad you are resting your back too and oooo the wii....its now on my wish list!! haha one day...sounds like you had one busy thursday!!

ags.... i love all your beginning entries...always makes me start singing...boom shaka lacka lacka boom shaka lacka lacka....and gf...i am making every moment count!!!

Ona....u marathon runner u!! i so <3 u!! just LOOK AT YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!! omg....girl YOU TOTALLY ROCK!! and 4 miles to boot!! WOW!!! hey, i gonna come to jville and run with you one day!!! keep that up gf...and one day i'm gonna see you on tv running that boston marathon

tiffie... what an accomplishment to stay on plan while dining at olive garden!!! way to go!!! oooo i can't see myself going to olive garden for a long time...until i can get up the pixie dust power to do what you did!!! i have this problem now....measuring what i am about to eat with the amount of time it takes me to burn those calories riding that exercise bike...its a good problem...sortof...i just go, OMG...i would have to ride 7 hrs 34 mins and 15 seconds to burn off that entree....no freakin way!! so i just drive past olive garden and popeyes...and red lobster...and TGIF's...etc....one day in want to be THAT in control!!! kudo's to you!!! that is amazing in my book!!

shannon... sending you some extra hugs....sounds like you need them. I am so right there with you when you say that you HATE when things throw you curveballs...i am soooo like that!! only, i see that you manage much better than me!!! all that stress...and then to lose 3 pounds!! girl YOU ROCK!!! that is a fabulous accomplishment!! keep it up!! and watch out for gators...i hear they live in swamps!!

CJ.... i am glad you are going to hard core track your intake....i do that and people all the time tell me why do u do that?? don't u know by now what to eat?? i do...but it keeps me accountable. its what i do...that gives me that feeling of being in control...because in the past, the foods i ate controlled me...but not anymore!! also, tracking helps me see where i can make small adjustments to any given day, to make it a better on target day. i strive for 45% carbs, 30% protein and 25% GOOD fats. the hardest part for me is the protein. But you will love the hard core tracking....its all about the combination of foods that you eat....and that is sooooo easy to see if you are tracking the percentages!! way to go!!!

violet...you are one beautiful lady!!! keep up the good work...on your exercising... the more you do, the more you CAN do!! hope you are having a GREAT day!!!

carol....sending hugs your way!! hang in the baby!!!

ok ladies...have a beautiful day!!! GO GET YOUR ZUMBA ON!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #111  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for the compliment RainbowSmiles! You are right on the exercising! It will get easier as I go along. I was really tired yesterday and am still tired today, so I think I overdid myself on the 60 minutes the other day. I think I'm going to try to just do 15 or 20 minutes twice instead of a full 30 minutes twice.

Your idea to hang your dress up where you can see it is a great idea! Is this a dress you're planning to wear once you lose weight? Whatever it takes to motivate you, that's great!

I have been wanting to try Zumba as well, but I dont know if someone as big as me would be able to do it. What do you think?

One thing about me today that I am proud of is that I went for an MRI this morning on my neck and I actually didnt feel like I was being squashed (well as much) by the machine. I have had MRIs before at this place and even their open-scan machine feels like its just squishing me. I could feel today that I had a little more breathing room and that the top of the machine wasnt pressing down so hard on my belly. I've lost about 40 lbs since the last time I was there for an MRI.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #112  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

OK, now I'm too far behind on the personal side, too!

I just wanted to brag on my new tattoo: it's just plain, like typeface, script that reads "non damnatio but toto", which, loosely translated, means "no day but today" in Latin. I'm sore, but I'm lovin' it!!

Here's a picture:

Hope everyone's having a rock-awesome day! Love you all!!

Last edited by lavieboheme73; 01-07-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #113  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletSwerve View Post
Thank you for the compliment RainbowSmiles! You are right on the exercising! It will get easier as I go along. I was really tired yesterday and am still tired today, so I think I overdid myself on the 60 minutes the other day. I think I'm going to try to just do 15 or 20 minutes twice instead of a full 30 minutes twice.

Your idea to hang your dress up where you can see it is a great idea! Is this a dress you're planning to wear once you lose weight? Whatever it takes to motivate you, that's great!

I have been wanting to try Zumba as well, but I dont know if someone as big as me would be able to do it. What do you think?

One thing about me today that I am proud of is that I went for an MRI this morning on my neck and I actually didnt feel like I was being squashed (well as much) by the machine. I have had MRIs before at this place and even their open-scan machine feels like its just squishing me. I could feel today that I had a little more breathing room and that the top of the machine wasnt pressing down so hard on my belly. I've lost about 40 lbs since the last time I was there for an MRI.
violet....scroll back a few days and you can see my dress....and the story behind THE dress!!
I know when you got your mri it must have felt so good to you...to have a little more room!!! You are doing GREAT!! WE ALL ARE DOING GREAT!!! this is OUR year!!!
as for the zumba...i seriously think anyone who wanted to do zumba could!! it IS fast, but the key is to work at your own pace. If I can do it at my weight i am sure you can. i love music, and i love to dance...and i don't even know when the last time i danced in publis is....before zumba!! it took A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF COURAGE for me to go....even now, after 4 times...i get to the top of those stairs...and have to convince myself to open the door and go in! it is soooooooooooooooooooooo hard for me to go in front of people....even if it is just to walk into a class and walk to the back of the room into the corner!!! i love my little zumba corner! haha i didn't think i could do it either, when i watched it on the computer...but i had to make a decision...either i let the life i've been living win....or i take the control back and just do whatever it takes...and if learning how to zumba in a class of strangers is hard, then so be it....i am determined....and all the love and support here on 3fc...i am so thnkful for!!! so i say to you...just go try!!! hugsssssssssssss

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #114  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good evening my sista's,

My positive thing about me today is................I am stronger than I think, stronger than I give myself credit for. I just worked a whole 40 hour work it and I did not die. But I have be a wondering, where, oh where did my part time hours go, oh where, oh where can they be????? Missing them, but my next paycheck will be sweet as to I have another 40 hours next week.

Now for my story. I will have at it one more time. Hope it blesses someone out there.

Yesterday at work, this very nice jolly lady approached me. She was making a return of a gift that she had given to her mother for Christmas. She said her mother was so disappointed that she had to return it. It was The Holy Family, Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus. It was a lovely piece with a mirrored screen behind it. She was returning it for Joseph's hand was broken. She told me how much her mother loved it and that her mother cried. The woman said that she had called all of the Costco's but no one had any left and she was sad. I could feel her pain and was sadden for her, but I leaned over and told her that there was one left in our building. She said, oh no it can't be, I called and they said there are none. I told her yes, there is one left, it was mine, it was hidden away until I could get it. I told her she could have it and sent her to the clothing area to ask for a young girl there named Sedeey. I said to tell her, Miss Aggie said to go under the table and give it to her. She was so overwhelmed, she cried and told me I was her angel. She said why would you give up yours, and I told her that the Lord had already sent me three angels this week, and each one fulfilled a specific need I had this week that I could not fulfill on my own. I said if God has blessed me so much in one week, I could surely pass the blessing on to someone else. I had been struggling and God answered my prayer and know He was answering hers.
She hugged me an walked away. About 45 minutes later, she came back past the counter on her way out, and was calling out to me, I have it, I have it and came over to hug me again and to tell me how this would bless her mother and make her so happy. She grabbed my hand and said thank you, I knew she had put something in my hand but I did not know what, nor did I look, I just told her, you not give me anything in return, that it was my pleasure to help someone else. She so oh no, that is for you and walked away quickly. Later when I went into my pocket to get my pin, everything came out and that grateful women had blessed me yet again. She had stuck 50.00 in my hand, the exact amount I needed to pay a bill. Now I had four angels to meet my needs. When you open your heart and give, and think of others and helping them, instead of putting yourself first, God in turn sends you blessing you may not have room enough to contain. God blessed me, I blessed her, she blessed me, and the cycle continues. I have learned, by not always putting yourself first, God will always take care of you.
Hope this blesses someone out there.

Third positive, had to get back to the basics, meaning wherever your attention goes, your power flows. I have been putting my attention it other places and now it is back in order. God First!!!!!!! I was so busy worrying about my weight, my children, my job, staying on the computer way to much, 3FC, Facebook, and not enough time in the Word of God. Well I have gotten my priorities straight, first seeking the Kingdom of God, and then everything else shall fall into place.

Okay, I am stopping before I lose this post, and I think I would really scream!!! LOOL

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count,
Ags

next post is personals for all of you!!! Smooches

Last edited by colormerd47; 01-08-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #115  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy New Year Ladies!!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season

Its been awhile since I have been here and there are so many new people! How exciting!!!

Its been a crazy holiday season for me, many ups and downs. I found out that my best friend is expecting twins!! that is sooooo exciting I cant wait for those babies to get here!!! (we have been best friends for 26 yrs so she is more of a sister lol) then a few days later another dear friend lost her 4 yr old to cancer My heart breaks for them, another friend has a family member with cancer (3 yrs old); It is so sad that these brave little babies have to go through so much at their age...Makes me feel guilty for abusing my body the way I do...Its been quite the emotional roller coaster to say the least. I have missed you all very much! and I cant wait to get back into the grove.

Have a great night everyone!!

Last edited by Inkedmama98; 01-07-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #116  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

It is PER-SON-AL TIME!!!!!!!

Honey,
I am soooo sorry that you have been so ill, but I am soooo glad that you are better and that you are back. Let's get this party started!!!! Let's Rock!!!

Learn,
I just know all will go well with your disability rep and hopefully you will have an understanding judge. I want to go on disability too, I mixed feelings about it right now. Take care of every single part of you kiddo, we need all of you here. Oh Mighty Gatekeeper of mine!!! LOL

Carol and Learn,
I am pleased as punch to know you gals are out there ready to toe tap for me, but it will be just a little bit longer, still have a few more Thursday nights on the horizon. Booo Whoooo!!!!
BTW, Learn, I love tin roofs, the sound of the falling rain, talk about good sleeping weather. Oh yeah baby!!!! Learn, how do you roast bacon, and you can actually freeze it??? How cool is that.

Susan,
all I can say is told ya!!!!! It is also addictive!!!! Shake what you momma gave ya!!!

CJ,
I love you and your hard core. You remind me of GI Jane when it comes to your exercise: trampo: and that is a good thing. Loved all of your pictures.

Ona,
aka Marathon Woman, you should be in Disney right now, my daughter is running there on Sunday in the Disney Marathon. She is so siked!! You are on point, run Forrest, run!!!! LOL

Desi,
you are truly in exercise mode. Remember Rome was not built in a day, pace yourself and stay on track. The race is not always won by the swift, but the determined, persistent, consistent, and much needed encouragement and support.. I am right here rooting for ya girl!!!! Besides who said it was a race anyway, IT IS A NEW WAY OF LIFE!!!!! Ready set LIVE!!!!

Violet,
you are off to such a good start!!! It will only get better..........wait for it....

Shannon,
I have missed you so much. I know you cannot wait for summer, back to the water parks with precious LilyBug. Hope things are settling down for you and are not still so crazy. WEll one thing you know for sure and that is you can maintain. And that my sista, is one important part of this journey. You are rockin and a rollin!!!

Tiff,
Glad you are here. Now let's kick a little butt!!

Bo,
I frackalackin love the tat baby!!!! You are one true DIVA in every sense of the word!!!! You Rock!!!!

Inked,
You made my eyes light up when I saw your post. You always make me smile. I will be praying for you friends and their families as well as you.

Shia,
my love, just a shout out to let you know I am missing.

Woody,
I gonna come to the woods looking for you.

Well I think I got everyone,
hugs love and blessings,
make every moment count,
Ducky, The Red Queen, WonderWoman, Pooter, and soooo many many more
Love ya

Last edited by colormerd47; 01-08-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #117  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

OH AGS!!! Your story made me cry!! I just love you and that tender heart of yours soooooo much!! You made my heart smile this evening, and for that I can not thank you enough
Old 01-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #118  

Happy Saturday All...

Honey- Ah yes, meal planning really helps me stay on track and out of the drive thru lane. You asked about scales, I have a Weight Watchers digital scale that is good. Almost spot on with the doctors office scale. I got it about 4 years ago and if I remember right I paid about $60.00 for it.
I picked up a cheapy wok at Walmart for about $14.00 and figured if I get to using it a lot I'll treat myself to a better one some day.

Susan- I think your right, we're just so determined to win this journey challenges aren't necessary right now.

Violet- What an awesome NSV to be able to feel more comfortable in the MRI. My doctor has the open one also and the last time I had one I was in there for over 90 minutes for a high contrast one. Believe it or not I was just about asleep half way through it.
I have neck issues also from a fall down some stairs. I hope your neck problems aren't serious.
I would say go ahead and try Zumba and just do what you can. As long as your working up a sweat and enjoying yourself, that's all that matters.

Bo- "No day but today" love it!

Ags- What an awesome story! She sounded like such a sweet thing and just as generous as you too.
I had started an application for disability several years ago on the computer and never finished it for the same reason (mixed feelings). I didn't want to except the fact that I had so many limitations.
A few years later my husband convinced me that I should re-apply and it wouldn't make me any less of a person if I ended up being granted disability. As I told my rep, I don't like being home everyday and wish I had a job to go to each morning, but I just can't do what I've been trained to do anymore. No employer here in FL will allow me to take random unscheduled breaks (which would end up being every 15-20 min.) and call in sick constantly because of my back problems. I have always had jobs that involved heavy lifting. Now I'm restricted to lifting less then 10 lbs.
We have a tin roof on our barn and I use to love sitting on the floor in the aisle way and listening to the rain. I would have 3 to 4 barn kitties curled up next to me (at least one in my lap) and every once in a while you hear the sigh of a horse. Total bliss!

Ink- Wow, such an emotional roller coaster of a holiday you've had. Your right, babies shouldn't have to experience things like cancer. I often wonder why God needs such small little angels, but he has a plan I'm told.
So glad you've found time to post and please come back soon. How is your son doing?

I had a POP day eating yesterday and took a rest day for my back. Did a lot of walking and lifting on thursday I shouldn't have done and was quite sore in the morning.
Today is visit mom day, I haven't been able to get there all week and miss her terribly. Gotta bring her Werther's sugar free butterscotch candies. I always give her a handful before I leave.

Well it's good bye for now, I hope everyone has a POPPIN' day.

LEARNingtoliveagain
Old 01-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #119  
Feed Your Freedom

HUGS LADIES!!!

AGS... what a beautiful soul!!! thanks for sharing your story...i always quote the verse...beware lest you entertain angels unawares.....and YOU MY DEAR ARE AN ANGEL!!!

LEARN...hope you have a wonderful visit with your mom...its those special little things (werthers) that mean sooooooo much!! you are one AMAZING DAUGHTER and 3fc friend!! i so heart u!!

INKED... nice to meet you...i've been away a while but am back now!! look forward to getting to know you more!! i can't even imagine the roller coaster of emotions you are riding right now...good thing you are here posting to help keep you grounded!! my heart goes out to your friends...littles ones with cancer really rip my heartstrings...how brave they are!!

ok all u ROCKING RED TEAM....lets get crackin'!!!! its ON now!! BRING IT BABY!!! THIS IS GONNA BE OUR BEST YEAR EVA!!!!

and for the BLUE TEAM....GIVE US YOUR BEST!!! WE CAN HANDLE IT!!

all my other ladies...have a beautiful rockin day!!! if i don't post here as much, forgive me...i will be over rooting on TBL challenge post ...ROCKING RED TEAM!!! we're all in this together...so lets do this!! hugsssssssss

my positive....rocked the gym this morning!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #120  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Oh crap, I forgot to check what team I'm on!! I'll go do that right now.

Ags, you know that the stories like this are why I love you so much, right? That brought a smile to my heart...thank you so much for sharing that blessing. Angels are all around...you just have to use God's eyes to see them!

Have a blessed day, everyone!!
Closed Thread