3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Monthly Wellness Goals Challenge-december (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/218634-300-monthly-wellness-goals-challenge-december.html)

goodnuff 12-01-2010 10:55 PM

300+ Monthly Wellness Goals Challenge-december

Here's how it works: Everyone of us has wellness goals. Break those goals up into small, achievable steps and challenge yourself to meet your goals by the end of the month. They can be a number of pounds lost; please keep it reasonable and safe, dietary goals, goals to change your mindset, etc. There is already a 300+ Monthly Exercise Goal so we won't do exercise goals here.

Let's all support and encourage each other on this life long journey. Don't get discouraged if you don't meet your goal, just keep on challenging yourself.

You can join at any time.

This website might help you WITH GOAL SETTING: http://www.goal-setting-guide.com/se...s/goal-setting

Remember goals should be...
■S = Specific
■M = Measurable
■A = Attainable
■R = Realistic
■T = Timely

Whoever wants to reach a distant goal must take small steps.
Helmut Schmidt

goodnuff 12-01-2010 10:58 PM

My December goals:
I need to master the basics to achieve my long term goal, so...
~journal everything I consume every day
~check into this thread daily
M

NYAGirl 12-01-2010 11:13 PM

I definately need to be apart of this the last 2 months have been horrible every time I try and one of the monthly wellness goals, it seems like my life just starts to fall apart but Im going to do everything possible to strick with this. My goal is to workout atleast 4 days a week for 30 minutes, eat more fruits and vegetables, and check in atleast 3 times a week.

DroppingPounds 12-03-2010 02:55 AM

Considering I just kicked things off, I think I'd like to keep my goals fairly modest for my first month.

1. Exercise at least three times a week every week in December.
2. Lose 10 pounds by New Year's.

goodnuff 12-03-2010 10:46 AM

Welcome back NYA! We both need to just keep on trying. I am going to do this this time! I am trying to erase over 7 years of a continuously unhealthy life...it may take awhile to do that!
Welcome Dropping! Extra activity is a good place to start!
Do it now. You become successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal.
Unknown

M

RisenDestiny 12-03-2010 02:40 PM

Hey Ladies,

ofc I am in for new goals..

- eat carbfree/low carb lunch 3 times a week
- walk at least 20mins a day nomatter how cold, dark or snowy it is
- get back on track with the strenght exercise (twice a week)
- just make execptions three times this month (ok yesterday doesnt count :P)

It's been wierd for me lately with the strenght exercise, I just cant get myself to do it..I hate it! I need to do it..also the weather bothers me..I wish it was summer already!

Good Luck everyone! :hug:

Anne

tw326at41 12-03-2010 04:43 PM

Hi everyone,
On to a new month...
My goals for this month are:
1. Learn the new WW program.
2. Lose 8 pounds (be at 281).
3. Check in here at least twice a week.

Risendestiny: I hope thingsaer going well with the exercise. You should be proud for making it a goal. So far, I don't feel like I can commit to exercise. I want to make it a priority but I am just not there this month. Good luck!
Goodnuff: How was your weigh in? Are you adjusting to the new WW program?

goodnuff 12-03-2010 09:49 PM

Welcome back ladies!
I hear ya Anne, i wish it was Summer or even better Fall again. I walked outside so much this Fall, now it's sooo cold and soon it will be icy.
TW,I got a kick start from the new WW program. My meeting was yesterday and I had committed to filling a 3 month food journal everyday when the new program started, so far so good. I like the new way of thinking, but I have found a glitch that is bothering me so I am going to call their toll free number. My smoothie goes from 10 Points Plus when I put the ingredients combined nutrition values into the PP calculator to 14 PP in the recipe builder, even my leader is confused. Glad to see that you are on board with learning the new system, several people in my meeting were not. And my weight is not good, 299.4 :-(, totally deserved thoug, but I am back on track and committed again. I even avoided the bake sale at work today!

KTFaith05 12-03-2010 11:27 PM

Hello everyone...
I really do not like the winter months, and we are having this bizarre cold weather here in north central California...it is freezing!!! But I am going to try and make the most of it this month...so my December goals are:
12 lbs gone by Christmas Day
Journal all of my food and calories
Start some kind of exercise
Don't chicken out of going to my Health check-up/Physical appointment again

Good Luck to everyone and stay warm!!!

goodnuff 12-04-2010 01:48 PM

Okay KT, I have to know what is cold for North Central Cali, temperature wise?
It's past noon and 31 degrees here. That is all I know - Wisconsin Winters...brrr! Let us know what kind of exercise, it's always good to hear what others are doing.
As for me 2 days down, the rest of my life to go. Journaling really helps me stay on track.

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

M

RisenDestiny 12-05-2010 03:10 PM

Hello Ladies,

what can I say this winterdepression really gets to me, I'm getting paranoid and make excuses not to do my strenght exercise and I take short walks because of darkness, the cold and the damn melting snow on the ways..its just freakin me out! Im on my lifestyle for over five months now, and Im on a point where Im scared that I can keep doing this for the winter, I cant really cheat on my lifestyle but I havent ate candy in five months at all and now I do it..not much but every now and then since last week..the scale was still nice to me (what might have been bad) but for myself it feels so wrong..maybe I was just to strict with myself, that Im craving for all kinds of food now..I even ate potato chips (low fat) today!!! Not alot..but maybe a quarter of the pack for Lunch..arrrrgh I always feel bad afterwards and Im unsure if that is right, ofc there is good food and there is bad food, but why is it that I feel bad for eating stuff which is only bad if you eat to much of it..I wont die or gain weight from eating a quarter pack of chips..but if I do it every day I will gain 0o Im confused about if its right or wrong..and I feel like my skin is getting saggy and I always was so afraid of it, before I was like..oh well if it gets saggy you operate it..when where is my goal of losing weight? When I lose like 100lbs more and get saggy skin it doesnt mean the injury pays for it straight away you have to wait months or even years for your turn..arrrrgh Im sorry, Im such a downer today, and Im not even sure if this is right for this threat! Dont get down!

Nomatter what happens next, the weight lose is good for us and its the right decision to make, its just the question in how to do it the best for yourself. :dizzy:

goodnuff 12-06-2010 06:56 PM

Oh my gosh Risen, you have already lost a huge amount so don't give up on yourself after a few "not so great" choices. That is real life. The idea is to make good choices most of the time so that the bad ones don't get a chance to add up.
I totally hear you about the saggy skin. It is my biggest fer and something I know will happen after being this overweight for as long as I was. I could already feel it after 25 pounds lost. I know that strength training is supposed to help tone it up. My plan is to continue to lose the weight slowly, maintain my loss for a year and see where the skin is then. If it' as bad as I think it will be then I will opt for surgery to remove it, knowing full well that that will leave me with quite a bit of scarring. There are days (lots of them) where I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just stay fat, at least I already know what fat looks like on me, what if saggy excess skin is worse? But you are soooo right, weight loss is the right decision for lots of reasons. Let's stay on this journey together!

People gather bundles of sticks to build bridges they never cross. ~Author Unknown

Let's not worry about something that may not be as bad as we imagine!
M

KTFaith05 12-06-2010 09:12 PM

Hi Good...I know, my "freezing" cold winter has nothing on Wisconsin's. Actually it has been around the mid 50's, but today it was 60 and it felt good. I haven't been exercising, but I am going to try and take a walk tonight or put in a walking DVD. I was called fo jury duty today and decided to take the stairs up to the third floor...well during that trek I thought they might have to find me passed out on the landing, but I did it and survived. So no excuses, I just gotta get moving. I have been journaling and it really is helping me keep track of the calories, hopefully I will stick to it. I noticed that you are on WW, how is that going? Have you started the new plan yet?

Hi Risen...I hate when I have tough days and I especially hate the guilt of eating the "wrong" foods. But I am beginning to think it's par for the course with weight loss. You have already accomplished so much and have proven that you have the strength to go on. Maybe the winter blues have got you down, but the cold and snow won't be here forever and you have the warm spring and summer months to look forward to with a smaller healthier body. Please hang in there and don't give up.

I have not even thought about the skin, but I got a word it's SPANX!!! I recently spoke to someone who lost 215 lbs, and she is going to have some surgery to have some of the excess skin removed, but until then she said SPANX is helping her look and feel better about it.

Have a great day!

NYAGirl 12-07-2010 02:07 PM

I wish our weather here in Nebraska was that good. Our high for today is 21 degrees and our high for the week is 31 degrees. Ive been trying to get active in my house running up and down the stairs and workout videos. As far as the whole excess skin thing I've worried about that with every pound lost and it is scary to think that after all of this work, what if I look bad with all of the saggy skin because even though Im a big girl now I know im cute.

RisenDestiny 12-07-2010 03:39 PM

Hey,

yea the saggy skin...urgh..but ya know it doesnt matter if we get saggy skin, cuz losing all this weight, has been a bless to me so far.
People dont look all wierd at me anymore,
I feel I'm not the fattest anymore everywhere I go,
I was at the barber last week for the first time since I lost all that weight and could sit on the chair with some air on each side,
the other day a classmate I was walking home with, said I was going to fast for her..seriously I was a slow walker all my life, but now I can keep up or
I'm even to fast..such little things are what makes our life easier.. and I am ready to live with it, even tho I get down days during winter, we have to lose not to be accepted by the humanbeings, but for ourselfs, cuz we all know it makes so much easier to be a "normal" size and I cant wait to go shopping and not go to the XXL Corner. :carrot:

I guess it's a good day :)

Hugs,
Anne :dizzy: