3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: One Positive thing about today is Part Ten (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/208440-positive-uplifting-notification-one-positive-thing-about-today-part-ten.html)

colormerd47 08-01-2010 11:58 PM

Well sweeties, this shall be my last post of the day, then it will off to beddy bye for me/

Woody, love you place, so much land, I do miss the country. Pooches are too cute and you are right, that is a blurr, they are neck and neck and truly looks like one. Love the pics though, keep them coming.

S T E L L A!!!!!!,
I got you girl, I can be slow sometimes, but honestly it was a long read. We did crack our sides when it was all over. Glad I helped a lot of you smile too!!! You know I luv you too......smooches

Oh my sweet Linda,
Have definetly been there and done that, I gotta figure out how to shrink my screen like Learn does.

Learn,
I gotta figure out how to shrink my screen!!!! LOL I am so challenged on this computer. hahahahaha

Shannon,
rest sweetie, we shall see you soon.

CJ,
missing you boo!!!

Night night ladies,
hugs love and blessings, make every moment count,
Ags

OnaMi 08-02-2010 06:07 AM

Happy Monday Everyone!:grouphug:

Heather,hope you get the Job :crossed:

Stella,you have a rare find there in that man..A man that don't like to miss church...he's a keeper :) your DD has a pet snake :yikes: :lol: oookkk :D
I've always liked truck driver ;) read your post to gggirl,i do hope you are coming out of your rut :hug: you can do this Stella.Just push on,It's hard but the reward is sooo great :) love that pic of you and DH, you guys make a cute couple.I knew my spirit agreed w/you,you like tennis too:love: that's a sweet offer, to play w/me if you could :hug::) Thanks :)

Diane,you look like an English lady in that picture :love: and w/you liking your tea time,you might have lived in England in your past life :) love the dogs :) thanks for the pictures.

Sorry you lost your post Linda :hug: keep drinking that water. I've noticed..I be so full of water now, until i can hardly eat all my food for the day,that has to be a good thing huh..

Thanks for the information Learn :) must do that!

Hang in there Shannon!!!

My positive for today...the scale moved and I lost...5 lbs this week :yikes: I'm speechless:faint:

I'm off to the track,then curves. Then curves is having a special of weight management class.The instructor has gained some weight and wants to do this special class to help her and us. She's expecting me to attend.I really don't want to cause I'm already on a plan and know how to eat but i don't want to let her down.
So I figure I'll just go anyway:dunno: i can always learn something new,who knows.like if i hadn't ventured out from my other site,i wouldn't have found you guys and found out about the amounts of water to drink so...The class is only for a month,not everyday and I picked the morning classes so.. i guess it won't kill me.

Have a Good Day everyone and stay focus and push on!!!!

learningtoliveagain 08-02-2010 06:17 AM

It's Monday, Woo Hoo! Wait...

Happy Day Before Tuesday!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and made wonderful choices. OMG! Can you all believe we have over 90 posts already on PART TEN! We are a chatty bunch aren't we.

gggirls- As always wonderful to see your smiling face. I think we can only accomplish great things.

Diane- Your absolutely right, I will be able to spend more stressless time with my mom while someone else does the clinical stuff. I hope the electric wire deters them from digging out. We keep a thin electric line on the top of our fencing to keep the horses from leaning over to get that grass that is always greener on the other side. Love the picture, I am so in love with Ricky Pickles. Does he like carrots? My lab loves carrots and comes in the kitchen when ever she hears me jiggle the peeler. She gets all the peels and the end pieces.

Ona- What a great thing finding someone to walk with and someone to play tennis with all in one day. It certainly is more fun exercising in numbers. Great day all together.
You were posting as I was finishing my post. CONGRATULATIONS on the 5 lbs. That is just fantastic.

Heather- I am keeping my fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes crossed that you get this job.

Stella- I will definitely meet up with you if I come up that way next July. We could maybe meet half way and have a nice lunch. If you like I can PM you the chili recipe I use. You can make it with ground turkey, chicken or beef. I prefer beef myself. Just let me know. Love the dating picture, such a cute couple.

Ags- I hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with uneventful driving experiences. So are you gonna enter anymore wet Tee shirt contest or was that the only one? To shrink your screen, go down to the bottom right corner, click and hold, then you can drag it to any size you want. Then when you bring up your document screen you can do the same to change the size of that.

Shannon- Rest well Darling and we can play catch up on Tuesday.

Linda- I hope my explanation of posting and not having it disappear helps. I know it's frustrating. Sounds like you've had a great several days, keep it up girl, keep it up!

Maria- Missed your POSITIVES yesterday, but most of all missed you!

Ashley- I guess we have to wait until tuesday to read about your weekend get-a-way cause your staying another day, huh?

CJ- Hope all is well with you, miss you.

drgamie- Miss you also, hope things are well.

I had a POP day yesterday. Although I took a day off from the pool I did get a lot of house work done. Mom was still kinda sleepy today so while I had some quiet time I completed the application process for her assisted living request. Now I wait about 15+ days for a rep. to call and make an appointment to interview her and then discuss things with me.
I'm kinda nervous because it's gonna be a financial burden, but it's what's best for her. We will find ways to cut expenses to make ends meet. I can be cheap if I hasta!

Well I am done, done, done, and I am out of here. There's more coffee to be drunk! Have a great day everyone and make it a Marvelous Poppin' Monday!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn

Marmaelee 08-02-2010 09:52 AM

Ok ….. Third time is a charm. I’m going to belly up to the bar at Red’s Poppin’ Chick Diner ……..

Ags…….scary minutes for you with all that rushing water around you. You kept your cool - well - with prayers and tears, but in the end - you remembered to keep trying to get it started. See there - you just keep teaching us - DO NOT let your gas tank get so low - Duck Butter says so. You will have laughter for years over it. But - whew - not at the time. Your daughters trying to get to/find mama. Loved it.

Ona…….Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. You are so good - with all your posts - little tips you have read - we appreciate all of them. Yah for Ona. And then to read 5 big ones. Oh Ona - I’m so pleased for you. Happy that you’ve found a couple people that you can walk with - maybe even share a tennis game. I’m one that has a pity party or two occasionally. But wipe away the tears and get on with it. Good job on losing the love handles - I on the other hand have a good 30-40 lb before I will feel comfortable enough to go without a shell under my blouse. Sounds like you have a good curves leader. Go for it - all you have to lose is more pounds - right?

Learn……..I tried compressing, but just couldn’t get it done. I’m trying something else to see if it works. Lol - if you get this - guess it did - if not you’ll never know - and I will be whining again. I’m not computer saavy at all. I will try using the zip bag without the zipper top. And use ’boob’ compression to get all the air out. I also keep my frig a tad cooler, so today I’ll give it another shot. Ouch, ouch on so much arthritis. Do you know from what? You’re awfully young to have so much. I know that rheumatoid isn’t age related. It’s wonderful you have a pool that keeps you moving and limber. My knee problems was just plain old cartlidge wore out. Loved your story about Ralph.

Shannon……..you and your babies. Love you telling about them. I’ve always thought nurses were special people, but those that work with babies and young children are just extra special in my book. You are tasking care our future after all. And Lily - I think you are really very wise getting her in dancing. I have friends with daughters and I’m always amazed at their self esteem and just the way they carry themselves - they have such pride, just a little extra vavoom. BIL story about the fawn - even I felt better about him being such a stinker. Rest up from your long days at work - you deserve it.

Maria……over 10 lb loss……..terrific. The picture of you and dh - so sweet. Your list of to’dos really got checked off nicely. Gym, visit with mom, time with hubby and a loss also. You’re doing so good.

Stella……Stella……think I should put a bug in hubby’s ear? No, I can’t make my salads as tasty as those you get in fast foods, but I read a book not too long ago about how over processed the foods are - downright scary. So, I’ll just keep making my cheeseburger and taco salads here at home. That was a beautiful picture of your front yard. I have a couple of last winter - of our driveway with SNOW……..that’s when I wished for a very short driveway.

Heather……..you are probably all ready at your interview……….only good thoughts that you get the job. I would have loved a 4lb loss - but had to settle for 0.…….better than a gain, still….sigh. One day at a time and mosey along - stay on course……………my mantra for the day.

Diane ………how did you end up in Ohio I’m 25 north of Dayton. I’m also doing low carb and am insulin resistant. Kinda funny - I’m also 5’4” and right now I’m at 301. So looking forward to being in the 2’s. Congrats on that to you. Got a kick out of your almond flour/flax muffins. I’ve been working on that recipe for quite a while now. I love to make them in my muffin top pans - gives me more ’outer’ crispness. Never heard of Johnny Jump Ups but - I’m also not a gardener. I do manage moss roses - well - when the darn rabbits will leave them alone - I’m in a constant battle with those little buggers. Don’t want to hurt them, just deter them. Love the pictures of the dogs and they’re names. You and hubby are quite the pioneers - building all this by yourselves. Where do you get your energy. I need some. Hubby and I used to have a little tea break in the afternoons to - wonder why we qui - might look into that again - it was always so nice - just enough time to sit back and re-think things.

Ok - think that’s it. I’m a wordy lil dickens when I get started. Linda

thinmintintraining 08-02-2010 11:18 AM

Morning gals! Just poking my head in to say good morning!! Getting ready to head off the Curves and the nursing home! I think we have decided to stick to the old routine of taking Tuesday's off! I'll POP back in later...get it...POP! I know, I'm corny! Luv youins! :D

colormerd47 08-02-2010 01:48 PM

I can do all things through Christ who strengethens Me!!!!!! and I shall!!!!!

Good lovely afternoon all.
It is such a wonderful day, it is a little gray in the skies (besides all colors are beautiful), but it is not BLAZING HOT and there is a breeze a blowin"!!!!

Ona oh wise one,
Hot diggity dang dang, get it girl and work your thang, Miss Thang!!!! 5 BIG ONES bite the dust. Can't touch that!!!!!
The class, well it is like you said, you can always learn something new!!!

Learn,
Quiet time so Learn can get all that important stuff done. You are being a wonderful daughter and doing what is best for your Momma. This cloud comes with a silver lining, although it is tough for you part with her being there at hone with you, it is a blessing for you both. She gets all of the round the clock care and attention she needs and you my darling, get quality time with her, good time with her, and peace of mind. Relax my child and breathe. You can exhale now.
Oh yeah, no more wet tee shirt contest for this Hot and Sexy Momma!!! lol lol I almost peed on myself writing that one!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Linda,
Than goodness yougot 'er done!!! Houdini Act this time. Good seeing you at Red's Poppin' Chick Diner!!!! Come back soon now ya hear!!!! LOL LOL LOL

S T E L L A!!!!!,
Love back at cha baby!!!!

Alright ladies, I am off to do wonderful positive things and I will tell you all about it later.
Hugs love and blessings,
Making every moment count,
Ags

OnaMi 08-02-2010 03:19 PM

well,I'm back and before I take a nap,thought I'd see what you Chick-a Dee's are up too!!

Learn,thanks:hug:It feels good when the house is clean,doesn't it.Glad you had some quiet time to take care of business.Hope thing work out and the transition won't be too confusing for your DM.

Love the "Red's Popin Chick Diner" :carrot: Hang in there Linda and thanks :hug: there's always a positive.you didn't gain :carrot: so just keep sticking to your plan.That's the only way.What else we gonna do.Oh,don't feel bad about having a pity party.I have them too.;) for about 3 weeks,the scale didn't move for me at all :dizzy: i was so frustrated.Ags said if i didn't stop it, she was gonna come to Florida to slap some sense in me :lol: I'm sure I'll go threw more periods of no scale movement again before this journey is over and I'll get on my pity pot again.:D even thought i know, sooner or later,if i just keep sticking to eating healthy,making good choices,that the weight will come off eventually.

And you sure will Ags and thanks :hug: hold on to his unchanging hands and talk to him about every decision you make and he'll lead you in the right direction.everyday is a fight,pray for strength.You are going great!!!

Hope you enjoyed your workout Stella and had a good day at the nursing home :) Are you in the weight Management class at curves?

thinmintintraining 08-02-2010 05:04 PM

Ok, I'm back! :wave:

Ona - You are just POPpin right along!! WTG on sheddin those 5 lbs. That's awesome! :carrot::carrot: I have had the manager try to get us to go to one of those weight management classes but I would rather not. Maybe one day I will go. They have them all the time here. I don't want to sound too negative but there is just something about the manager that irks me! It's almost like she thinks I'm not doing something right and I need correction! I'm sorry but I have managed to lose 36 lbs without her help! Ok, sorry for that little rant! :) We did have a great workout though! I burned 605 calories! Keep truckin girl! We will be drinkin like fish in no time! Thanks for the comment about DH! I thank God for him everyday. I waited a long time for God to send him to me and its just like God to go above and beyond what we can ask or think because he is just that, so much more than I thought I deserved! Yes, dad has a snake! I won't call it a pet cause he can't take it out and play with it. He has more or less captured it and keeps it in an aquarium and feeds it mice! You would have to know my dad! He can be weird sometimes!

Learn
- I would love that chili recipe!! Mom and I have come to the conclusion that we didn't like the chili I made the other night! I think there was too much salt and that has definitely affected my weight!!! I also think TOM is peeking again! Thanks for the comment on the pic! I have more but not really any recent ones. I wear contacts but for some reason didn't have them on in that pic! Hubs still looks like that though :D I'm glad that you were POPpin yesterday and that you got all your housework done! You have been such a good girl! :D Hang in there with the assisted living thing. It will all work out for the better because like Ags said, she will have the care she needs and you can just spend quality time with her! If you don't mind my asking, doesn't she have any sort of medicaid or anything that would help with the financial part?

Marm
- That must be why we can't get our food to taste as good because we don't have all the junk that they put in! But at least we can monitor what is going in our mouths! :) Thanks for the pic comment!! I am just so blessed to be here! I never knew that when I left home I would ever want to come back but I believe that we are right where God wants us and I couldn't be happier!

Ags
- my luv!! Hope you are having the most wonderful day! We certainly can do ALL things through Christ and we most assuredly will! I'm so glad that God is on my side aren't you?!!

As for me today....as I mentioned to Learn, I do believe that I have ingested too much sodium and I think TOM may be peekin around!!!! Anyway, other than that my day has been good! I mean, I woke up in my right mind this morning, I was able to exercise and help take care of my grandmother!! God is still on the throne!! What more could I want!! Life is good!

shannonmb 08-02-2010 05:23 PM

Hi gals, I didn't expect to be able to post personals today, but a wonderous thing happened to me, I got off work early. That happens once about ever 2-3 years!! We were overstaffed at 3pm, and it was my turn to float to PICU (pediatric intensive care - I HATE going there, too too sad, plus I can never find anything I need and it just all around stinks). Thank heavens they didn't need anyone, so then I found out it was also my turn to leave early! Woohoo! :carrot: So lets get to it!

Ona, get outta here - 5 pounds??!!! That is amazing and so well deserved. I know you had a smile from ear to ear standing there butt naked on that scale! hahaha Woooo!!! You sure did a great job of meeting new friends/workout partners the other day. That took a lot of nerve chatting up that man on the track, goes to show your self-esteem is right where it should be. You know you are awesome! :D

Ags, can't wait to read about all the positive things you did today! ;) Thank you for your kind words, I do love my babies and I will be sure to let you know what happens with Lil's dancing!

Learn, way to go on all that housework. That DEFINITELY counts as exercise in my book, too! And what a good feeling when the work is done. I'm glad you got some quiet time. I can feel how nervous you are about your mom's situation, and all I can really do is send you a big :hug:, lots of love, and let you know that I am here for you. Keep POPpin' lady.

Linda, am I ever enjoying your posts! I wanted to take a minute to say :thanks: for being here with us. You really add so much to the thread and I'm so, so happy you are here! You sure have the right attitude, even when that scale doesn't cooperate -- and just like Ona, one of these days it'll all catch up and you'll see a big loss. Wait and see!

Diane, oh, I love your avatar! What a classic beauty you are!!! And the doggie pics, I'm drooling! I love, love, love furbabies. The one of them tearing it up out in the yard made me LOL! hahahaha Thank you for sharing them with us. I am in awe of your pioneer story, really. It's amazing and so inspiring, talk about working hard for what you want and then enjoying the fruits of your labor. And the rainbow -- to die for! I simply adore hearing about your life in the woods of our beautiful Ohio! :hug:

Stella, thanks for that pic of you and the hubs. Isn't he quite the hottie! You guys are so cute together. I hope when the time is right you will be on here to announce some baby news. Kids are a trip and a delight and expensive and more work than can even be imagined, but I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything in the world. I know you will be the best mommy ever when the time comes. Here's to sticking to that plan of yours and getting your body ready for that woman's work! :hug:

Heather, I hope you get some good news about that interview! If this one doesn't work out, I just know there is something good coming for you! Your heart and mind are in the right place and it's just a matter of time before things work out the way you want. Congrats again on that 4 lbs!

Maria, can't wait till your next post! :D

Well, I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm thinking of you all and hoping for great things to come to you!!

See ya tomorrow, ladies!

colormerd47 08-02-2010 07:52 PM

Shannon oh Shannon,
Oh how I do love that picture of you!!!!!! You are so beautiful!!!!

Ags

colormerd47 08-02-2010 08:13 PM

Shannon,
God worked a miracle for you today, You got to not got to the ICU and you got to leave and go home early!!!!! Which means you got to come and spend some time with us. Yay!!!!!!

Ona,
hope you enjoyed that nap, sweet dreams for a sweet lady.

Today was a great day.........and my positives are......made it to work on time, shucks made it to work........made money for the job............had a great breakfast.............and a great fresh dinner........still getting all of my fresh digs from the Fresh Market everyday.....and getting closer to getting in that 100oz of water.......I will be a fish very soon.

Will do another drive by, just a little later to see what the happens are.
Hugs love and blessings,
still making every moment count, hope you all are too,
Ags

OnaMi 08-02-2010 08:22 PM

Thanks Stella :hug: yeah,unfortunately..some people just rub us the wrong way...sad,but true.No need to apologize for the rant :) Just over look her and keep your Mind on losing weight.She ain't nobody :D Like my DM would say,"she goes to the bathroom just like you do".Use what ever tools they have,if you want to.
I had to get the book today cause It was a requirement for the class.they not gonna mess my mind up with there plan that's for sure.were gonna do stuff like walking events and talking about nutrition.Already found out something i didn't know. there's a lot of good information in the book and good recipes.You're doing great!!! you're burning a lot of calories.so you should see a good weight lost soon.:)

Your DH does sound like a God sent for real.That's just great!!!!! I used to pray for a DH(waaaay back) but now,I'm set in my ways. I doubt if I can live with someone or that they can live w/me :lol:I've taken the Lord as my husband ,my everything.I guess if he wants me to have someone he'll send him but after having soo many bad relationships, I'm content and happy.

Thanks Shannon :hug: yeah,I was shocked.well,really..every since I started to drink more water and walk more, the scale has been moving.Everyday i got on it,it was big inches less!!!
Glad you got to get off early today :dance:hope you enjoyed your extra off time :) That's some good walking exercise,walking all over that big hospital.

Ashley,thinking of you!!

Stay focus everyone..we can do this!!! We Are Doing this!!!!

thinmintintraining 08-02-2010 08:37 PM

shannon - YAY!! I was always excited to get to leave work early! lol, not sure if that was a good thing or not but anyway, glad that you got to stop by and chat! Thanks for the pic comment, yep, I think he's a hottie too ;) I'm hoping that very soon I will be able to make that announcement!! I'm learning that everything comes in God's time!

Ags - Shake that money maker girly!! :carrot: :carrot: You are just all around awesome!! Yep, you, Ona and me....gonna be drinking like fishies!! Only drawback is that we may have to move our base to the terlet cause that is where we will be spending all our time! or or or...we can get those depends you were talkin about and just keep drinking!!:rofl: that way we don't have to take so much time out of our day goin to the bathroom! I know, sometimes I'm so smart, I amaze myself! :frypan:

Ona - Yeah, I know she probably means well it's just how she comes across! Leaves a bad taste in my mouth! I have found what works for me and trust me, I'm gonna stick to what works so I guess I should just smile and go on about my business! As for marriage, I didn't think I was ever gonna get married! Even my mother told me that if I didn't lose some weight I was never gonna find a husband! My mother, bless her heart, tried everything she could think of to get me to try and lose weight from being loving and caring to downright mean (or at least it seemed that way to me) Anyway, you are right, if it's meant to happen it will. Shoot, I met mine on Yahoo personals!! Actually, I believe that God let him find me because come to find out, we had grown up pretty much together and his step-family was my blood family! Scary huh!! But anyway, you have the best husband by far!! ;) There will NEVER be another like him!!

hbieber2006 08-02-2010 10:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Good Evening Ladies...

Here I am it has been a busy day today but I wanted to come on here to let you guys know that the interview went very well and I feel really good about it and the gentleman that interviewed me said that if I dont receive a callback by thursday to give him a call and he will let me know what is going on but he said that they are short staffed right now and next wednesday he is going on vacation for a week and a half to get married so he is sure that they will want to hire someone ASAP and he told me that I was his first interview so hopefully I made a good impression I felt very comfortable and sometimes if I am nervous I chatter to much but I dont think I really said anything to hurt my chances I felt really good when I left the interview and hopefully I will get a callback before thursday.

I had my husband take some full body shots of me today dressed up for my interview so I thought that I would share them with you ladies and I will also include a pictures of me at my highest weight right before I started my journey so please take a look at them and tell me what you think..sometimes I think I see a difference and then there are other times I cant so I dont know.

I was POP all day today and plan on being POP tomorrow and exercising tomorrow as well I didnt exercise today because I was so busy I didnt get a chance but that is ok I have plans to work out the rest of the week and wednesday my husbands parents are coming to visit ( they live 1.5 hrs away in lansing which is across the state) and taking us out to dinner that is why I want to be as clean as possible today and tomorrow cause they are talking about taking us to a chinese buffett ( not my choosing believe me but everyone else wants chinese so I have to go with the majority vote) but I plan on picking what I eat very carefully they actually have a bar that is make it yourself-you pick the meat and veggies you want and then a dressing to put on top so I am going to pick lots of veggies and just put very little oil on it.

Anyway here I go again rambling but that has basically been my day today so here are the pictures I promised you so you guys can see what I look like and so how my journey is going...

Have a wonderful evening ladies
Keep Rockin'
Heather

The first picture is me with my sister last june 2009 up in oscoda when they came to visit and that is at my highest weight of 332 lbs

The rest of the pictures are from today at my current weight of 276-56 lbs lighter..enjoy!

thinmintintraining 08-02-2010 11:32 PM

Heather - One word...... http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...y/bootiful.jpg Looking good girl!! So glad that your interview went well! Hopefully you will get that call! :crossed::yes: Hang in there chicklet! :)