3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #266 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/203936-300-getting-fit-after-40-266-a.html)

Heather 06-07-2010 07:32 AM

300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #266

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

Godiva 06-07-2010 07:58 PM

Oh I had some fresh cherries today and they were WONDERFUL!!!

Normally I would have eaten the whole bag on my way home from work, but instead I left them there and am hoping they are gone by tomorrow.

They were way too tempting for me. I wouldn't have bought them had I realized that they would bring out the overeating beast in me.

I think I have lowered my sugar intake so low that they gave me a headache from the sugar. Imagine what a key lime pie would do to me. I won't do it, but can I just sit here for a moment and enjoy the thought of it?

How were your days?

Godiva911

gggirls 06-07-2010 09:01 PM

Great day here - calories a touch low - need to find some more calories before bedtime. Fantastic workout with my trainer - making me pay for missing a few weeks.

MIA's - come out come out wherever you are (you know who you are) WE MISS YOU!

Celtic Bear 06-08-2010 12:44 AM

Not over 40 but getting close...

Good Morning y'all. I hope you're having a wonderful morning! I'm new here and I have what at first glance could be goofy question. I'm looking for suggetions on how to cope with back pain while I fight the battle of the bulge. I know I have to get off my ample behind if I'm going to be successful, but some days it hurts to get out of bed let alone go for a walk. I welcome any suggestions y'all have. Thanks!!

dgramie 06-08-2010 06:47 AM

Celtic Bear- I cant help with advice on pain but I can tell you to do what you can and try to add a bit of time each day. Welcome and Im sure you will get lots of wonderful advice here.
Godiva-Way to go on not eating the whole bag of cheeries!

Heather- HI...I have blooms on my squash and cucumbers today. My bell peppers are large enough I can see them from the kitchen window. Im hoping to be eating my first pepper in a week and squash wont be far behind. Last year it seemed that the cucumbers grew super fast. IM so excited!!!

Carol- You know you need to get in enough calories...think protien!

I had a good day yesterday. Hubby mowed the yard and weedeated. I got out of it this time. I pulled a few weeds from the garden and flowerbeds.I can see the PREEN we used this year has really worked great in the flower beds. Next year I will be using it a few weeks before adding in my plants.Im hoping to have a weedless flowerbed and garden next year.LOL IM dreaming!!

Heather 06-08-2010 07:31 AM

Celtic Bear - -Welcome! I would first advise you talk to your doctor about getting started with exercise. He or she knows you, your conditions, and might have some ideas.

Debbie - Your veggies are way ahead of mine!! I'm not close to squash, cukes and peppers? Where are you? I'm outside Chicago (zone 5a).

Though for dinner I sauteed some of my chard and spinach and then added feta and pecans. Yum!!

dgramie 06-09-2010 07:38 AM

Heather- I am in KY. So I got to plant way ahead of you. I planted seeds in the ground on May 6 and will be eating squash by early next week. Hubby picked a tomato last night and we will be having a bell pepper really soon. He was going to pick it last night but I talked him into letting it get a bit bigger.

OK...I havent been writing down my food daily.I have been tracking calories in my head and doing ok with that.I am seeing that I get too many calories at dinner time even though they are healthy calories and my calorie total is right for the day.I have to space them out better.

gggirls 06-10-2010 07:09 AM

No veggie garden for me - the pups think it's for their personal use. I did buy a standing upside down tomatoe planter - so far so good but don't think it will keep them out of it. Peppers in the top of it are safe though.

Having a great week - I hesitate to say it because it always throws me - I love being in the groove. I'm finding my protein needs to be high to help the scale go down - the assessment I went through said 212g/day - have never got that high but when I am under 100g/day I feel different and the scale doesn't move - note to self: PROTEIN.

dgramie 06-10-2010 07:41 AM

I agree with protien helping the scales go down. I also find Im not as hungry when I eat lots of good protien.

My sister has lost weight by using a saucer to eat on. I use to always eat on a small plate but lately have been using a reg plate. So time to change my plate again. I may hit the antique mall today and see if I can find an odd plate that I like.

I did much better at dinner last night.I had a huge serving of green beans and a large grilled chicken breast and just a taste of mac and cheese. ( i have been craving it).

Heather 06-10-2010 02:15 PM

Debbie -- I planted my first zucchini on May 1st!! Goes to show my weather probably wasn't that good as it's not even flowering yet. But I may not get any -- I think it has a fungus! As do the cucumbers....

I'm almost done grading for the term! yay!

Godiva 06-10-2010 08:53 PM

Hubby and I went for a bike ride today. I took a hillacious (combination of hilly and hellacious) hike yesterday. It was only two miles, but it had some really steep hills.

Now that the cherries have gone away, I'm doing well with my food. Staying with the program & hoping for some loss this week.

No vegetable garden for me. But I have 29 rose bushes!

Vortex_VVV 06-10-2010 11:58 PM

Hey all. Drove home to Illinois today for a few weeks "off"--that is, trying to do my own stuff here at home, plus a little business for mom. DH and I have a dinner date with some friends of his tomorrow night, but I still want to try for THREE, count'em, THREE OP meals tomorrow. ALso I guess I'll weigh myself tomorrow. Haven't weighed in 3 weeks because no good scale out there at my mom's house, but it's TOM so I'm ambivalent about weighing. Still, I guess I will.

I'll try to post more entertaining stuff in the next couple of weeks. :)

Celtic Bear--Welcome! I agree with Heather, it's a good idea to talk with your doctor. One thing that's helped me, though, is to do some stretches in bed first thing before I get up. The one that seems to help most with back pain is one I found in a set of low-back exercises from a doc's office: slowly pull one knee to chest (use your hands, that is), hold for a count of ten, slowly lower leg then do the other side. As soon as you feel the stretch, that's enough for that rep--usually I do this 3 or 4 times on each side, and by the 3rd or 4th rep, I'm able to get my knee closer to my chest. The other thing that helps low back pain is to strengthen your abs. I have a couple exercise videos where they have you just pull the abs up while stretching or breathing deeply, and for me that seemed to make a difference too.

Angela

Iwillbe 06-11-2010 06:43 AM

Hello!

:wave:, Hello! Still not doing program! Hope you are all doing well.

Heather 06-11-2010 07:19 AM

Grading is about done for the year, but I am spent and exhausted...

j-ann 06-11-2010 07:22 AM

struggling .... grrr