Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #16  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFlamingo View Post
Mama - San Diego is actually at the top of my list right now! There are some good schools there as well, but I was just concerned that it didn't get a lot of sun.
We really do get plenty of sun, with the advantage of it not really being particularly hot at any time in the year. I live in a house with neither heat, nor air conditioning, and we're just fine. For a couple of months in the summer, we are more comfortable with fans on, but AC isn't necessary at all.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

I am in Arizona and wouldn't recomend it lol I was raised here and do not like it..but this is where my family is.

I would so pick COLORADO! We were and still might one day move to a town called Loveland. There is no ocean in Colorado..but it is beautiful!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 AM   #18  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggydawgy View Post
I'm from Washington state (mostly - born and raised in Canada). Washington is a nice, laid back state. Even our largest city, Seattle, is doable. Eastern WA is warm and fairly dry.
Very warm in the summer and fall, but it can get really, really cold in the winter. We can get a lot of snow in eastern WA and sometimes the road conditions can get icy and slick. But during the summer and fall? We can go months without rain and it's almost guaranteed to be hot much of the summer. I love it in Eastern WA, but if it's malls you want, better head to the Seattle area!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:11 AM   #19  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Thanks for everyone's answers! I amfeeling ill and need to get to bed soon, but I will answer tomorrow!

cyn - how come you don't like Az? I was looking at NM.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I would agree that you are probably wanting either coast. California is a great choice, but they do seem to be a little overpriced in many areas. Although, you also can be close to ocean, mountains, and desert there.

East Coast is nice. Can get a bit humid during the summer. Florida is a nice option, too. There are many large cities and lots of malls. And, you are a quick drive to either ocean or bay just about anywhere.

I'm in Ohio. Don't care for it, but it's where I grew up and where my husband's family is. My parents snowbird, so they are in Florida half the year. Here the other half. Ohio weather is wimpy. It rarely REALLY snows (except by the lake) and the summer is hot and humid. I would love to move. But, I would want to move north. Washington State is my long-term desire. But, it won't happen with all of hubby's family here. Oh, well. That's what vacations are for!
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #21  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

Don't rule out North Carolina! Eastern NC is warm, close to ocean. I live in the mountains in western NC...beautiful beautiful...but you will still see snow in winter on this side of the state!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Thunder Bay for Lakehead U... teacher's college, baby! Here I come!
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #23  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I love the southeast- North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, South Caroline... all are warmer climates with very pretty areas.

Denver is cool- more sunshine than southern california, but be ready for a wild ride as far as weather goes. It's usually nice and our winters are surprisingly mild (it may snow a foot once or twice a winter, but it melts fast). It's a young city and a vibrant city- always plenty going on! It's also very affordable.

Last edited by junebug41; 05-18-2010 at 01:27 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #24  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

If you do want to come here, and I'm sure you've thought it out and don't need us telling you not to do it, I'm going to plug Pittsburgh, PA. I live in Florida now for school, but I lived in Pittsburgh for 2 years and go back every summer. I think I'm going to move back when I graduate. Here's why:

Art and culture Pittsburgh has more museums and theater than you'll know what to do with (I could see the Andy Warhol museum from my high school). There are some incredibly talented tattoo artists, too.
Music Pretty self-explanatory. Great local scene, and it gets most mainstream acts.
Politics I'm not trying to start anything here, but IF you happen to be progressive, Pittsburgh is a great place to live. It's pretty LGBT-friendly for an American city (this is coming from a straight girl who supports gay rights, so I could be overstating).
Shopping You can live in Pittsburgh without ever shopping or dining at a mega-coporate store or chain restaurant. It's not settling, either—Pittsburgh local food is awesome.
Cost of living compared to most "real" cities, housing prices are very reasonable, and so are gas and food.

So...that was my pitch Good luck on your search!
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #25  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

HELLO PINK,
This is the first time I've looked anywhere except our weekly thread and i was delighted to find you here. I can get you warm! I'm down here in FLORIDA; we have sort of kind of winter and hot hot summer - not much in between. We've got GEORGEOUS BEACHES, and low cost of living. some great schools. Downside - its HOT HOT HOT for about 6 months. We have hurricanes - but they give you 3 days warning. (THEY TOLD THOSE PEOPLE TO LEAVE). There are malls. I like being able to go outside on even the coldest day and knowing I won't slip on ice and that the car isn't covered in snow. (I lived in Vail, Colorado for awhile and I would visit there).

Lindy

Last edited by Dinkachu; 05-21-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Dinkachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #26  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Warmth and water? Come to Florida! I live outside Pensacola, Florida on the Gulf Coast and it is truly a beautiful place to live. Of course, we do have hurricanes and we are holding our breath regarding the oil spill, but no oil has arrived on our shores ...yet.
I feel blessed to live where milliions of people come to vacation. We do have shopping malls and great weather for dog walking. By the way, your poochies are adorable! I have a Yorkie and a Shih-tzu myself.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #27  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Dinkachu and Cglasscock are right--Florida is gorgeous. The sunsets where I live are insane.

On another note, I can't emphasize enough how incredibly different US states and even cities are from one another. I really think the most important thing (!!!) is choosing a city or town based on what kind of person you are and what kind of people you want to be around.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

New Mexico..I dont care for either lol.

I don't like AZ because it is HOT and UGLY lol. Northern Arizona is ok. I have always believed I was planted in the wrong state lol.

ALso it has gotten so BIG! My grandma use to tell em this place is going to be just like LA..crowded and polluted..she is right!

I stay because this is where my family is..for now.

I have been to NM a few times..I think it is just like Arizona..Desert.

Last edited by azcyn; 05-21-2010 at 09:48 AM.
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I was going to suggest San Diego, also, big city, great weather. But since it has several votes, I will suggest Monerey, a beautiful city, right on the ocean, not as large as San Diego but driving distance to San Jose or San Francisco if you want big city.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I suggest Portland or Seattle if you want West Coast or Baltimore, MD or Richmond, VA for East Coast. Albuquerque, NM for South.

These are all cities I want to live in anyways. ha Baltimore being my #1 mainly because I'm a huge John Waters fan. *nerd* But yeah all these cities have lots to offer and usually have lots to do and what not.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote