Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 327/318/165

Height: 5'7

I saw that show a couple weeks ago and my hubby and I are in the midst of wanting to start a family with no luck so far. I will say it definitely gave me that little extra kick in the rear to get serious about losing. It is reassuring to hear that not all pregnancies while obese are horrible. I would like to be well on my way in my journey for health before I get pregnant so that I can continue on that path for my family but the older I get (I'm 30-almost 31) the more I realize that time is no longer on my side.
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to watch for this show - interesting! I was 210 when I got pregnant with my first, and got up to 256 when I delivered (yes, just a couple more pounds that I weigh now! Ugh! - I hate to even put that in writing!). With my second, I was about 230 when I got pregnant, and delivered at 276. I had high blood pressure with both, but far fewer complications with my second than with my first. My first ended up being a c-section. Thankfully, I never had G.D. or anything other than high blood pressure. I was preeclampsic, which lead to the c section, for baby's health. Ultrasounds were no problem.

Honestly, stepping on the scale in December and seeing that I weighed more than when I delivered my second (and I remember feeling HUGE) just kick started my journey to a healthier me.

Last edited by ORSewmama; 05-28-2010 at 10:57 PM.
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #18  

I just started lurking back on this forum. I used to post here often.

But I saw this thread and thought I should share!

I recently 4 1 /2 months ago just had a child. I was 320 when I had him.

Well due to my weight I developed preeclampsia and had him at 28 weeks. Pre-E is very high blood pressure and also shoots up the levels in your kidney's and liver etc. Basically my body started shutting down. So I had to have a emergency C-section due to his growth restriction. undiagnosed high blood pressure will eat away at the umbilical cord. My child was born at 1 pound 14 ounces.

I also add that because I had a emergency csection that I of course had to hurry and get an epidural. Well what was so scary was because of my weight it was taking more and more drugs and taking longer to get into my system. It was really scary because my child's heartbeat was getting lower and lower. And they were trying to numb me fast enough. They almost just put me out under general anesthesia. I asked later what all was the problem and they told me because of my weight it took a little longer for drugs to get through etc.

My child was in the NICU for 4 months fighting for his life. He did have some major side effects like he eats through a tube in his stomach due to such bad lungs. And he is on constant oxygen. But he is expected to grow through that and be fine! He is now over 10 pounds!

So I am not trying to scare anyone! But I did have a bad pregnancy due to being so overweight.

But the funny thing is? I didn't have gestational diabetes. My blood sugar was actually low a good bit. The doctors constantly were shocked I did not get it.

But you know? I knew someone who was almost 400 pounds and not a single thing went wrong! It really depends on the person.

But I know I don't want to be this heavy when I have a child again. My body did hurt more and I of course now know I get so sick.

Just wanted to add my experience! I hope I don't scare anyone! I do want to say again that most people who are obese and pregnant end up having a normal pregnancy. At least in my life experience.
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5"

I posted here a while ago, lost about 30 pounds and then stopped posting, but just started lurking again recently. I weighed 285 when I conceived, and I had healthy triplets at 34 weeks gestation. I did not have gestational diabetes. I did develop pre-e at the end, but that is so common with multiples that I can't say my weight was to blame.

While it is best to be as healthy as possible when pregnant, I just wanted to share my story in case anyone comes across this and is pregnant and worried. I had a high risk multiples pregnancy with bedrest, over 100 pounds overweight, with a fantastic outcome. I haven't seen that documentary, but in my experience, the vast majority of overweight moms have normal pregnancies and births.
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #20  

I have had 3 pregnancies. I ended all of them in the 250-260 range, my age range was between 27-34. I had no problems what so ever! I had very easy deliveries. When friends are discussing their labor and deliveries. They tell me I have to be quiet, that 3 hour labor and deliveries don't count! LOL
So while it is better to be healthier, obese women can and do have healthy and easy pregnancies.
aubrylin is offline   Reply With Quote