Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #1  

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1257

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #2  

Happy Monday all (bleh! hehe)!

At least it's a nice day outside. I sat outside a little bit. Didn't go to work because of TOM's awful cramps.

My pepper plants perked up in their hangers and I watered everyone this morning.

Hope everyone is doing well this afternoon!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348/315/200

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday to you RatKity, I know it is a little after but it is still Mon. to me. The weather was beautiful here today.I think it is time to cut the grass and plant some flowers.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #4  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!!! Ratkity, I hate cramps. Do you have anything to take for it? I am on Anaprox, but I don't always take it because it tends to make me dizzy/out of it.

babble - Sounds like a nice spring activity!

I am here, but barely. I have 3 assignments that are now LATE and every day is damaging my GPA a little bit more. I also have a quiz today and a psychiatrist appointment at 8:45. I can't find my bus pass and I'm not entirely sure how the **** I am going to get to and from school. Stressing like crazy about my grades. Tired, the dogs were hyper and woke me up about 8 times last night.

But... my weight is down. So that's something, right?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

I have been gone for awhile, dealing with certain things in life and spending time with P. He and I are considering marriage and taking time apart to see if it's what we want. I'll fly there in Nov. to be with him for a few days, I haven't lost or gained anything so am still where I was when I left the boards, I hope everyone is well. I ordered the wii fit finally, can't wait until it gets here.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

TracyB: Welcome back!

Pink: What are you going to school for?

Babble: I miss grass!! The house we are moving to, if we get it, has grass in the front and back yard yeah! Most people in arizona have traded in their grass for a desert rock front landscape..YUCK!

Rat: I say in our next life..we ask God to let the men have the PMS lol.

As for me: My son is going to get his blood done today. He still didnt go to school. I am going to call the school and ask about their homebound program. That is where he can stay home and still do the work. I think the Dr has to ok it. All I know is he is only 15 and we are gonna be in trouble for truancy if we dont get something done.

As far as we know our application for the house we want to rent is good to go. We are meeting with him on Thursday to do a final walk through and sign the lease. I will be so glad to get out of this nasty house!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #7  
Just keeping on truckin'

Cyn: I am doing a Bachelor of Theology as well as theological college testamur for my church, in preparation for ordained ministry!

Your poor son must be bored! But moving is exciting!

I just saw my psychiatrist and she told me I looked too "cheerful and pleasant" to be depressed. Hmm.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I got my paper finished to my satisfaction. I think I realized why it was giving me so much trouble. The class is Social Justice, and I thought with my background I'd do it on the societal affects of moving from family farms to corporate farms. Instead of it being easier because it was old hat, it was actually harder because it brought up old ghosts. The fun part though was I got to quote myself in my paper. I used a Bar Journal article I'd written 22 years ago. It's in my maiden name, so we'll see if the prof notices. Anyway, I'll never make that mistake again. The profs out of town today, so I'll get to go to the pool since it was closed yesterday for the holiday, and then drop off the paper with his secretary afterward.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #9  

Hiya my Peeps! (TMI incoming)

My cramps are lasting extra long this time. Usually I have 24 hrs of bad cramps, then 24 hrs of bad flow, then it slinks away until 28 days later. I do have meds to take. I think TOM is worse this time around because I've lost 24 lbs in 2 months and I am having a bit of a hormone dump. bleh.

I hate losing work days because of TOM.

Cyn, I hope you get the good rental!

Catherine, interesting about old ghosts because of your paper. Those ghosts just sorta sneak up on ya.

Pink, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Profheather, thanks for ending last week's thread for me! I forgot to do that part. Minor detail.

Trac, welcome back home!

Babble, I got the lawn mowed before TOM appeared, so I'm good for a week. I did get enough energy to water all the baby plants this morniing too. It almost looks like we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: .

Height: 5'4

Hello to the 300+ girls (and guys if there are any around).

I haven't been around much. I got a job in the beginning of February and I've been busy busy. I have still been loosing! With the exception of the last week. But it's only 1.4 lbs. I'll get it off! I gave up on exercise but have started up strong again. I start another job (replacing this one) next Monday so I am nervous to see how it affects me. I am planning meals ahead to hopefully counter the change. It's a 4.58 Raise for me so needless to say i'm excited for that!

I'll try to do personals later!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Pink: Sounds like an interesting field. I would love to take some art classes just for the heck of it one day.

Catherine:Sounds like you are knee deep in papers for school too

As for me: The Dr called today with Justins results. She said that his liver enzymes are improving..I forgot to ask what the level was. She said all his ultrasounds are fine. She said that his upper GI did show that he has acid reflux..ugh just like his mom. So he is to continue to limit refined sugars..no soda pop, which he hardley ever drinks..and easy on milk. She wants him to continue to take zantec at night. and follow up with her in 2 weeks if the nausea doesnt go away. Which she thinks the nausea is from the acid reflux. Repeat bloodwork in one month. He does not have any hepatitis!! I was so happy today. Relieved. Oh and to increase his dark greens as well.

We have also found a high school that he can go to online. So I am taking him out of regular school and he will do it all from home. He seems very happy. We will see how it goes. I believe he starts that next week.

Friday is my and hubbys 17th wedding anniversary. I can rest easy for a day and enjoy time alone with hubby

Last edited by azcyn; 04-08-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 AM   #12  
Just keeping on truckin'

Cyn, Happy anniversary and that's grea tnews about son! What are you guys planning for the anniversary?

RatKity - How are the cramps doing?

I got my little dude (Oscar) neutered today. He's doing well, but big sis Zoey won't leav ehim alone, so I had to crate him while I was out.

I had a godawful binge today. About 10 homemade peanut butter cookies. How I wish my roommate would NOT do this to me. Peanut butter is my weakness. Cookies are my other weakness. Combined, does not add up to good things.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 348/315/200

PinkFlamingo- I hope things calm down for you some so you can relax a little bit. Congratulations on keeping the weight down though, that is great.

Tracy- Nice to 'meet' you

Cyn- I am so glad to hear your son is improving. The online home school sounds like it will be good for him right now, it's so good he is excited about it.

RatKitty- I am so sorry you are having TOM problems. Is the hormone dumping typical as you lose more weight? I hope you get some relief soon.

playfullyme- Nice to 'meet' you also

This week feels like it has flown by. I've been collecting low carb recipes and trying to find things DH and DS will enjoy also. I'll have to get creative with the veggies though since they aren't fond of them.

Have a great Thursday everyone.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #14  
Just keeping on truckin'

babble - What a cute bunny!

I don't like veggies much either. Let me know if you think of anything!

Do you guys ever lack energy REALLY bad?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #15  

Morning all... Well, I spoke with my endo last night in regards to my tests. No answers as to why I don't feel well as all looks really good. I am not diabetic. Glucose level excellent, A1C fine. I am not insulin resistant. I do not have PCOS. My blood serum cortisol looks normal (the lab screwed up and did not test my urine sample...duh...so we will do a salivary one when I get back from vacation). My hormone levels are great...she said I am no where near menopause right now (thanks?!!? ). In fact, she says I am incredibly healthy! I really like this doc....and she said "But I know something is off because you should be losing weight with your diet and exercise. There are a few more things I want to look at".

Soooooooo, no answers to the weight issue right now, but I have never had a doc not dismiss me and tell me that I am eating too much or not exercising enough. I brought in a week of my Fitday menus to my first appt. I told her I had a few years worth on the site if she wanted to see them. Between that and the fact that my blood pressure has incredibly improved (now 118 over 65) and that my resting heart rate has also improved (now 55)....she knows I have made changes that are improving my health, but she wants to find out what is making me tired and having hypo symptoms...and preventing me from losing.

Sorry so long...just venting I guess!! I am leaving Sunday for a week away with the girlfriends. I am really looking forward to it. Maybe this will jump start me?!?!

Take care all......

Last edited by Torister; 04-08-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Closed Thread