3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   What type of exercise do you do? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/198488-what-type-exercise-do-you-do.html)

renstwin 04-04-2010 01:20 PM

What type of exercise do you do?

Hello Everyone! I am new to this forum, but not so new when it comes to losing weight.

For the past three months, I have been using Leslie Sansone's WATP DVD's. I have successfully lost over 30 lbs with them, but am looking for a change to spice things up.

Does anyone use any sort of DVD's that are simple to follow, and also easy on the knees?

Amberp 04-04-2010 06:23 PM

How many days a week are you doing them? I have one of her videos and need to start doing it. I was taking my son for a walk three times a week but the weather has gotten bad again. I would like to try to do something everyday. I was going to a Zumba class twice a week. It was fun maybe you can check it out online.

renstwin 04-04-2010 10:19 PM

I do my WATP DVD's 3-5 days per week, depending on my work schedule. I walk anywhere between 2-5 miles which translates to 30-70 minutes. I really like them, but just looking for something differrent. They are easy, you should try it too!

Maybe I will check out the Zumba thing! Thanks.:)

CatherineM 04-05-2010 01:01 AM

water aerobics twice a week and bowling once a week

I'm waiting for it to get a bit warmer and we'll start disc golf for the summer.

babble 04-05-2010 04:02 AM

Right now I am just doing my exercise bike. I have one of the WATP DVD's though, and it is fun. Do you have a Wii? There is a walking game for it called Walk it Out , but I have not played it yet.

Amberp 04-05-2010 01:52 PM

Since the weather here is crap today I am going to do my WATP video when I get off work. I will let you know how I do tomorrow!!!

kaplods 04-05-2010 02:07 PM

Recently I've been looking at fitness books and videos designed specifically for plus-sized women.

These are at the top of my wishlist:

HeavyWeight Yoga: Yoga for the Body You Have Today ~ Abby Lentz

HeavyWeight Yoga 2: Change the Image of Yoga DVD ~ Abby Lentz

Big Yoga Beginners Hatha 1 DVD ~ Meera Patriciai Kerr

The Shapely Girl series by Debra Mazda (there are at least five different videos. I think "Shapely Girl: Let's Get Moving is the first in the series)

Look Great, Feel Great: "Plus Size Pilates" (with Lynne Robinson)

and the boopk Great Shape: The First Fitness Guide For Large Women by Pat Lyons

renstwin 04-06-2010 08:28 AM

Water aerobics I just cannot do. I have no acccess to a pool, but I have heard that it is a good workout and easy on the joints!

I do have a Wii but have not bought any of the Wii Fit items or "exercise" type games yet...might be something to look into!

amber-let me know how you did!

kaplods-thanks for the suggestion. I am not a big yoga/pilates person, but those might be worth investigating. let us know if you buy some and how you like them after u try them out.

OrganizedChaos 04-06-2010 01:55 PM

I walk 45 minutes Monday - Friday at work with a co-worker. When it was too cold and now already getting to hot, we go to a mall down the street and do laps inside the mall. I also do some weights 3-5x a week for my arms and then I have some leg exercises from Jillian Michaels that I also do. I have a elliptical at home but I only use it when I can't get my walk at work in. I recently took a Zumba class and loved it. I am trying to find a local one to take.

angelskeep 04-06-2010 02:03 PM

I ride my bicycle every day that the weather is good, usually 5-6 miles now...I didn't ride that far 6 weeks ago when I started out. And yesterday I did 8 miles on it. When it's too cold/windy/whatever, I just started using ine of the WATP videos. I also like Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies, but I'm still not fit enough for that. It's fun to dance to the music though, and I can't wait until I can do it better. Oce in a while when my back is okay, I use the mini trampoline and usually just jump on it during commercials for a couple of hours worth of tv shows. I walk outside if my back cooperates and the weather is good, and there are some really steep stairs I try to do once a week.

I get bored easily!

Barb

fatgirlhealthyself 04-06-2010 04:57 PM

I'm lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, so I try and walk daily for about 60 minutes. I try and keep a decent pace while I do it. On Sundays, I have softball games, which gets me my exercise.

I have some yoga tapes I need to try, as well as a couple of Jillian Michaels videos.

Honestly, I'm dying for a kettlebell. I should have the money for one soon.

sweetcakes736 04-07-2010 01:49 AM

Alright ladies,
Why am I not seeing you on the exercise thread? With all the amazing things you are doing, you can add so much to what we do. Hope to see you there!

TracyB73 04-07-2010 10:33 AM

I walk on my days off at least 30 mins am trying to get up to an hour, then I work out with weights, and ride the stationary bike , I just ordered the wii fit, a friend of mine has it and she said it really kicks the butt. Plus she has the biggest looser for the wii and said these are really great.

Amandanrd 04-08-2010 02:39 PM

You really should check out zumba, it is sooo fun! My gym offers an hour long zumba class 6 days a week. I, personally, get a far better work out going to classes than doing a video at home because I push myself harder. At home, if it starts to hurt then I can quit and nobody knows but me. But, in a class full of people, my competitive side kicks in and there is no way I can quit.

Inkedmama98 04-09-2010 09:47 AM

I have recently become obsessed with playing tennis...At first I got ALL of my exercise chasing after the balls I hit over the fence, but after a few weeks of playing nearly everyday I finally get my exercise from playing the game not chasing down balls..LOL
I have always preferred exercise that is done outside in the fresh air, it helps if feel less like exercise and more like play & leisure. :)