Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit After Forty #256

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #2  

Wow - where is everyone? This late on Monday and no new thread.

Love the warmer weather - I'm ready to go straight to summer.

Come out - come out - wherever you are!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #3  

*peeks out* It's still raining!! And I think I saw my shadow. *eep!* lol

How ya doing GGG? I'm hanging in there. My body is being stubborn and weight loss is slow. Today, however, I seem to be full of carp as I've been to the potty 3x today. hehe.

I lost my cell phone last Thursday and it was supposed to be delivered today. Of course UPS wanted a signature and I was working. I asked them to call me so I could pick it up, but they never did. Now have to go in the morning to get it.. UGH. Never a dull moment. I think the dogs took the phone. I looked in the backyard, but didn't see it.

Any word on Annie?

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! I'm here! I had a changed schedule this morning and didn't start the new thread. Thanks for getting us going, Carol.

Spring term started today. Classes went well, and I stayed on plan. Yay!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #5  

Rat - glad to see you peek in. I'm great! I'm upping my calories to see if that will get the old bod moving. At first it was hard to add calories - but now using nuts, avacado and extra protein to get there. I need to check on Annie - she's been on my mind too. I'll let you know.

Heather - how are you? Will the spring schedule be easier for you?

Make it a great day!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Busy day for me yesterday. I had to do alot of phone calling yesterday for dd. Today Im heading outside to play.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #7  

Carol -- The term will be just as busy, but hopefully the better weather will help keep my mood up.

I have two more classes to teach today. Tuesdays will be my busiest day this term. I think I'm ready for them!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #8  

Food has been great . Been outside enjoying the weather. I love spring!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #9  

Loving spring here, too! Though work is VERY busy. I'm somewhat overwhelmed. Nonetheless, eating and exercise have been good the past few days. I think the sun and warm has me in a much better mood than when I was overwhelmed in January!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #10  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hi girls! Sorry not to have popped in lately. Life piling up on me.

Happy to report that going WW Vegetarian style is working for me. I'm down seven pounds. I also started Pilates this week and I have found a good personal trainer for me. Life is beginning to look good again!

I still struggle with overeating. I start my day with good intentions, make plans, etc. By evening, excess points have crept in. Wish I didn't get so hungry! Have been eating more and more fiber and veggies, so that helps, and I think that's why I've lost weight, but on really busy days, my unplanned choices are a bit richer and more off plan. I think I don't have a sweet tooth, I have a fat tooth!

Have a great day!

Last edited by geoblewis; 04-01-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #11  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all. Slow movement here in Cleveland. I expected Mom to be transferred to a different facility on Monday but for various reasons we're still here. I don't know whether she'll be moved before I was planning to leave or not. I really have to give myself permission to leave and leave things in my aunt's hands for a couple of days. I must, must, must go back to work for a week. And for my mental health, I need Sunday with dh. Although I was an only child, I'm really not a go-it-alone kinda person. Three weeks of almost complete solitude is getting to me.

Anyway. Today I must get in my planned exercise. I had good intentions; I was going to stop at the Case Western campus and take a walk on campus, but I absolutely could not find any place to park my car. So I guess I'll take a walk in the hospital in a bit. Just finished lunch; must do some work. Later this afternoon I'll teach my 2 1/2 hr. graduate class on line. It was interesting last week--I'm hoping it'll be a little better second time around.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings

It's almost hot here. Considering I was frozen out of the car on Moday morning sunny and 75º is hot!

I have to correct my ticker but I'm down 1.2 lbs and, pretty much, back on the right track. 38 lbs gone. Got a haircut after the meeting. With short thinning hair I swear I'm there all the time.

No time for personals right now but I'll be back tomorrow (I hope).
Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #13  

Sounds like lots of busyness and struggles.... but people sound okay.

I'm overwhelmed by my term, but haven't fallen into brownies or cake yet.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #14  

I feel good, its amazing what a week of OP eating can do for the mind and body! Scales havent moved as much as I was hoping but they will!
Kids are coming home tomorrow for dinner and an egg hunt. I seem to only get all 3 of my adult children home together a few times a year. Im taking the easy route and just ordering some chicken and making the sides. My dd is making a dessert but just one not the multiples we tend to have at holidays.
I have the day off from the kids I babysit so even though I will have my grandchildren Im excited because I get to be a grandmother today and spoil them!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #15  

I feel great this week! Today two hours of water classes - an hour of cardio and a session with my trainer! If anybody sees a whoosh out looking for a home send it my way!
Closed Thread