3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   How can I celebrate my birthday in a healthy way? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/194693-how-can-i-celebrate-my-birthday-healthy-way.html)

Zimzim 02-19-2010 03:44 PM

How can I celebrate my birthday in a healthy way?

My birthday is coming up on Thursday (the big 25!), and we're perplexed about how to celebrate. I keep thinking it should be simple. Every year, me and him either buy some tasty donuts or an ice cream cake. I can't handle sugar like I used to (my legs swell up like balloons when I eat sugar or salt) and I don't really want to celebrate in the old way, so those options are out. I'd be fine with just buying a donut each or something, but my husband is value minded and will buy a giant box and eat them all, no good! I don't have a car so my options are pretty limited, and I don't really want to cook anything since I cook EACH AND EVERY MEAL AND IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE (I think he avoids learning how to cook because then he can't burn eggs and get out of it haha.) Any ideas?

sweetcakes736 02-19-2010 09:32 PM

What about making some birthday muffins or a birthday ice cream cone or a birthday fruit bowl or you can have a birthday salad?

milliondollarbbw 02-19-2010 09:48 PM

what about a spa type thing or something that is indulgent, but not food related (like going to a movie, etc.).

You can also go the health food store route and stock up on fruits and non-dairy items like rice dream ice cream or sugar free ice cream. I know a bakery that makes vegan ice cream cakes---too much sugar, of course, but there are options out there for people who have food allergies and special (and healthy) diets.

Heather 02-19-2010 10:16 PM

milliondollarbbw is on my track. I've tried to move away from celebrating my birthday with food. This year we went to a movie. I love the idea of a spa treatment! I had a facial the day before my birthday. Or a mani/pedi?

Or you could go to a show... One year we went rock climbing -- it was my first time and a way to celebrate the new me!

Passionista 02-19-2010 10:29 PM

I agree with moving away from food as a way to celebrate, or making food the focus of the celebration. I say do something fun and active or creative!

Hyacinth 02-20-2010 09:26 AM

I would go for a long leisurely walk in a beautiful park. Or go somewhere out-of-the-ordinary ... a botanical garden, a science or art museum. Slow-dance together in the living room before going to bed. :)

Rather than buy a box of donuts, or make a cake, stop and get one or two chocolate-covered strawberries for each of you. Decadent, yet not big enough to set you in a tailspin. If you absolutely must have something like cake, go to a restaurant (not even for dinner) and SPLIT one dessert between the two of you.

Happy birthday! Check back with us and tell us what you did to make the day special.