3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1248 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/192927-300-weekly-thread-1248-a.html)

Ratkitten 02-01-2010 11:28 AM

300+ Weekly Thread #1248

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

Ratkitten 02-01-2010 11:34 AM

Good nearly afternoon Peeps!

Cool I got to start the thread this week!

Well, today is my all liquid diet day before surgery. Guess who showed up 3 days early.. TOM! ack! I so so so hate TOM. The only good thing is that I'm never very hungry when he shows up.

Parents are stuck in NC under 10 inches of ice and snow. Little sis is taking me to hospital tomorrow. I'll know what time surgery is fairly soon. The OR scheduling nurse should call me any moment. I have GGG's (carol's) number and will text her as soon as am able.

The house isn't totally "Mom Clean" but close enough. I have more instruction lists printed out for them covering the frig and if that wasn't enough, I have sticky notes everywhere.

We got 6-7 inches of snow, but it was powdered sugar type and easy to shovel. The walkways are all clear and salted and the roads are all clear here too.

I had a dream last night that my surgeon only did surgeries at night and I had to wait longer and longer.. ugh! lol. Other than weirdo dreams, I'm doing pretty good with nerves.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity

Sasil 02-01-2010 12:24 PM

Hello..thought I'd drop in and leave a post, since I don't think I have yet...I mostly lurk here at 300+ since I joined last month. I post more regular on a thread about the Go Wear Fit, that is my tool for losing weight...so far so good :-) and I post on a thread about the Biggest Loser.

This site had been such a motivation for me...I'm so glad I found it!

dnathan 02-01-2010 12:32 PM

Your comment about "Mom Clean" brought back a funny memory for me. Several years ago I had occasionally been getting horrible stomach aches. Didn't really think much about it until one morning the pain just kept getting worse and worse. After several hours and being nearly doubled over in pain I called my roommate to drive me to the hospital. Turns out I had been passing gall stones and had to be hospitalized as the last one that dropped blocked the pancreas' duct and caused pancreatitis. I was to be in the hospital for 4 days before they could operate to remove my gall bladder then 1 day for recovery then I could go home. Mom flew out on the wednesday to be with me during the hospital stay and then for most of the week afterwards while I was recovering. Unfortunately, my room and bathroom in the apartment were very very far from being what would be considered "mom clean". I had dirty clothes everywhere, the bathroom was in need of cleaning, it was really pretty ugly. Fortunately, being my mom, she looked around, shook her head once or twice then accepted it. If I'd have known I was going to be in the hospital for so long, or how sick I was I would definitely have cleaned up ahead of time :)

Actually, the last time I went to the ER I went in for chest discomfort, being afraid of a repeat of the same situation I actually did straighten up the apartment before heading in. Thankfully it was all a false alarm and I just had GERD, but at least while I was in the ER waiting I knew that I could have other people in the apartment and not be worried about it if it came to that.

Best of luck on your surgery! Hope it all goes well, and you have a smooth recovery.

-dNathan

Sasil 02-01-2010 12:57 PM

Ratkity...I forgot to tell you...I hope all goes well with your surgery, I hope you have an easy recovery!

The "Mom Clean" stuff makes me LOL!...I can totally relate!

Torister 02-01-2010 01:20 PM

RK...I wish you all the best for a successful surgery and that this helps you get to your goal weight. Take care! :hug:

Ratkitten 02-01-2010 01:41 PM

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Welcome sasil and good ta see ya posting nathan. Torister!! Wonderful to see you posting as well. Hugs to all of you.

Nathan, you could've been having a heart attack and you cleaned up?? Too funny. Don't do that!!

Hugs,
Ratkity

PS I even had my cleaning ladies come in an extra day to help clean. Doesn't help it snowed the next day and the dogs have tracked in mud.

Torister 02-01-2010 01:55 PM

I read much more than I post these days, but I am still here now and again. lol

ToniLight 02-01-2010 03:54 PM

Catherine, take care of your nose, no peeling faces back allowed! Why is it they invent really gross procedures then tell us it is the only option?
So far, so good this week. My first week in forever that has been a good day every day. I do need some exercise though. Off to the chiropractor, see you later.

christyk28 02-01-2010 05:01 PM

Hi everyone!! I hope ya'll don't mind me joining yall :) Just reading everything and seeing everyone's success has really put me back to where I need to be with motivation for weightloss! I've been successful before and I just need this to be the last time I start again lol. I really want success, like I want to be able to say that I lost it and kept it off. Hope ya'll are having a great Monday! I have my first official weigh in tomorrow! Send me skinny vibes lol. Oh I will say that when I weighed though to start this I realized I had lost 20 lbs since the last time I weighed lol. So that was pretty exciting :)

Cethlinn 02-01-2010 07:52 PM

Hello Everyone:) I just wanted to say good luck tomorrow Ratkity. Hope everyone has a great week.
Shawna

dogpal 02-01-2010 08:06 PM

Hi all,

Been super sick latey but wanted to stop in and say Blessings to Rat tomorrow for your surgery. I am thrilled for you doll.

Hugs to all of you. I have an appointment hopefully a scope tomorrow to see what the heck is going on in my tummy to cause so much pain. I'll be back to be with you all when I am feeling better.

blessings and hugs,
Annie

Cethlinn 02-01-2010 08:34 PM

I hope you feel better soon Annie!

Ratkitten 02-01-2010 09:09 PM

Hiya Peeps!

Hiya and welcome Shawna and Sonanners!! Thank you for the well-wishes. Parents got here before the weather. yay!

Annie, sorry you are feeling ill. Scoping isn't that big of a deal especially if they knock you out hehe. Please feel better soon and thank you for the good luck.

Hugs,
Ratkity

OrganizedChaos 02-01-2010 09:11 PM

This is shaping up to be a good week. I broke through my plateau and lost 2.5 pounds this week. Thank God! I purchased a GoWear Fit late last week since I didn't know if I would break the plateau or not and was getting frustrated. It is just like the BodyBugg that they wear on The Biggest Loser. I am loving it so far. In 2 days I realized that I am not eating enough calories to support my calorie burn.

RK -> Hope surgery goes smoothly and I wish you all the best in this venture.

Welcome to some new peeps. I don't post as often as I would like but I do step in and get quick reads in. This is a great place with a lot of support and information.

Have a great week!