Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lol Catherine, glad to meet a fellow 'frugalite'.xxxxxx
OMG I'm 45 tomorrow!! Hubby took pics of me before I went out to pub with sis, I thought I looked great til I saw the pics...ick! Never mind, onwards & downwards.
xxxxxxxsharon
ps might post pics if I'm feeling brave & you promise not to say anything, lol!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #47  

G'morning Peeps!

My 77 yr old dad decided it was his mission to unbury the cars. We easily had 30 inches of snow. The good part is that he lifts weights and exercises daily. Another good part is he did 15 min at a time and came in and rest and warm up. His progress is phenomenal. He's reached the cars! He's currently munching on something in the kitchen.

I'm dealing without pain meds. Unfortunately, I believe I've had a reaction to them and got hives and night sweats with them.

Happy bday Sharon!!

Catherine, congratz on the Mortgage!!

Sasil and Chaos, I looked up the arm band thingie. Very interesting!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 02-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #48  

Height: 5'7"

Rat- SO HAPPY to hear things went smoothly for you.I have been praying for you. Now do me a huge favor and make sure you get enough vitamins. That has been a real issue for my brother.
Hi and hugs to everyone else.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #49  

Debbie, SO WONDERFUL to 'see' you again! xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxsharon
Old 02-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #50  

deb!

Great to see ya! Oh boy do I have vitamins. For the first few days post-op, I'm just doing chewable vits. I have my regime set up and did "dry" runs pre-op using calcium citrate, magnesium citrate and vitamin D, iron, vitamin C and multi's. My doc and nutritionist does 3 and 6 month labs then yearly. I'm armed and ready with vits! If your brother wants my schedule and where to get vits, let me know. This is a lady who has had successful RnY 10 years ago. My nutritionist is totally on board with my vitamin regime.

I'll be slowly adding in my vitamins. Right now, my focus is fluids first, then protein drinks. Not getting dehydrated is the number one priority. Even sugar free popsicles count! I've been tolerating both cold and hot beverages. I have lots of herbal teas. I can have cottage and riocotta cheese, but haven't been feeling much like eating it. I've had some sugar free jello and some greek yogart and tolerated both very well.

Sharon, put up da picts! I won't tell. I promise.

On a side note, I dunno how big families made it while living in tiny houses like the one I own (with one bathroom). My house was born in 1935.

Hope you have a great superbowl parteeeeay, Catherine.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 02-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #51  

Ratkitty, so glad you are organised & all sorted with your nutrition. Our house is about the same age & originally it had an outside toilet!!!! Luckily it has been extended & has 2 baths & downstairs toilet, with 2 boys, hubby & me it can get busy, lol! Keep us updated on how you're going, stay well & keep warm.xxxxxxx
Debbie, I REALLY ought to on on the 40+ thread but I'd never get off the pc, what with games, other forums, Fb & emails.
xxxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 02-08-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #52  

STOP!

Monday starts the new weekly thread!
Closed Thread