Old 01-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

Angry Feeling angry before/during workouts

I am here about to start my workout video... for some reason I keep feeling ANGRY! I mean like peed off angry. My husband and kids are in the other room and I can hear them and I hate it. I can't explain this feeling but I am just wanting to stop and sit down but I am not. I am taking a minute, collecting myself, putting on my ipod and starting again.

I am angry that I am fat. I am angry that I have so much to lose. I am angry that it isn't easy.

Ok, thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by oneLess; 01-09-2010 at 02:32 PM.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #2  

I also wanted to add that this isn't the first time I have felt this way... it happens like every 3rd workout. my brain is resisting it I think.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #3  

I have been there and still get that feeling once in a while. Your not alone. Hang in there that feeling will ease up eventually and get easier to deal with.

Later - Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry.

But good for you for knowing that you feel angry! And admitting it! I hope you can use that to help you work out, and not turn it on yourself or others.

It's not fair. It really isn't. But you know what you have to do--just stay willing, stay willing. Things will get better.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #5  

Update- I did the 25 min of the Biggest Loser DVD and now I feel a lot better. I just blasted the ipod and dealt with it. I just wanted to scream so bad but I didn't want my husband or kids to think I hurt myself! lol.
This is the first time I have worked through that anger.
Thanks everyone. Its good to know others get that same feeling.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #6  

Oh, I hear ya. I do the same thing. I don't have a DH or kids to focus it on though. It has a tendency to get expressed while I'm driving.. hehe. Good thing I live in DC metro area and no one can tell that from normal driving behavior.

Blasting music helps me for some reason.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #7  
Is Cheese Cake -0 fat?

S/C/G: 297!! OMG!/295/270/223.... 160

Height: 5'9

*hug*! Thank you so much for saying this! I know see that in my self. I have top add that not only is there Anger but also MUCH embarrassment added to this as well. The thoughts of (you are to fat to do this!) (your *** looks Nasty when you do that) all flood my mind. It is so hard to shut that horid evil person in my mind up. I will call him Frank. I hate you Frank! Go live some where else and let me Be Happy when I woork out and Let me Live!
sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

I know the feeling. Mine happens when we do things with family that i cant do. My family likes to go roller skating. I am always the girl who doesnt participate..but takes the pics.
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcyn View Post
I know the feeling. Mine happens when we do things with family that i cant do. My family likes to go roller skating. I am always the girl who doesnt participate..but takes the pics.
I can so relate! All my 5 year old wants to do is go to a water park this summer and I am already having such bad anxiety over it! My husband has been wanting to go to Cedar Point for years and I keep telling him I am afraid of roller coasters, but in reality I love them but know I wont fit on any of of the rides. I also get so angry and frustrated!
erinkman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #10  

I have anger about Theme Parks too. We are heading to Disney in October so that gives me a really good goal to work toward. As long as I see the 200s by then I will feel so much more comfortable. I want to be comfortable in my clothing and body. It makes me angry when I get dressed sometimes and things fit tight or uncomfortable.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I get a bit pissy too, but you know I might be in the minority, but sometimes I use that feeling to just DO IT and I have to admit, it is a far better feeling this momentary angry than feeling the dreadful disappointment when I let myself down. Meaning, when I fall off track or I do something that is self destructive.

I think we all have those moments of anger, but if we use it, deal with it, and turn it into something positive then I think that is coping as well as working through our feelings. I think a big part of this journey, at least for me, has been working through my issues. That is why I say I'm healing myself inside and out because I can't do one or the other, they really do go hand in hand.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 311/304/150

I wish I could get angry, but instead I tend to get blue. I call my "blue side" Fred...and he's on a roll today! But after reading all these posts, I think I'm gonna tell Fred to f%$&* off and go for a walk instead!

Dessi
dessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #13  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi oneless

I definitely know what you are talking about, I get angry or sad depending on the moment! My sister has these tapes and the lady talks about the "wild child" inside that is being rebellious against the rules you're setting for it. Makes sense to me, because I DO feel like I get rebellious, but the bad thing is, when I give in I'm only sabotaging myself. Just thought I'd throw that out for you, because it's a concrete image I can sort of picture. I'm trying to think, how would I deal with a rebellious child who is angry and fighting against what's best for it -- very firmly, but with love and warmth, not berating or hatred/anger. There's my psychobabble analogy for ya!

As for Disney, I am a self-proclaimed expert, and I can tell you that Disney is very fat-friendly (UNLIKE Cedar Point/Six Flags, etc)! I was just there a month ago, and at my size (see profile), I was able to fit in and comfortably ride every single ride at all the parks. The teacups at the Magic Kingdom was a bit snug!!, and the only other issue was that the turnstiles for Haunted Mansion and Small World, I kinda had to wedge myself through. They do have a handicapped alternate entrance if you're too nervous to try it. And of course if you get to the 200s before then, it will be amazingly easier to get around, so keep working for that goal! But just wanted to maybe ease your mind about that, because you should be nothing but EXCITED to go to Disney, not worried about fitting, etc. Check out Disney at Large on Allears.net for tons of specifics, or PM me if you have any questions!

Best wishes!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #14  

Thank you everyone.
Shannon, I think I am not too nervous about the rides. I have been before. More nervous about being uncomfortable walking around and carrying my daughter, etc. Just that fat feeling.

Ahh... today has been better. Tonight I am doing another video so we will see how I feel during it. My DH did a strength training video with me last night and it made me feel great to do it with him.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 320/320/154

Height: 5"8'

Wow, thanks for posting this - I get angry too and I'm so pleased it's not just me. I started doing some very challenging (for me) workout DVDs a little while back. They were really tough but I kept trying and I could do a little bit better each time, and I was proud that I'd stuck with it... then WHAM out of nowhere, one time that I did the DVD I got really angry.

It was as if you'd taken a snotty, thin person and transplanted them in my body. Instead of saying "Wow, now I can do 5 mins without stopping" I was saying all kinds of stuff to myself like "You should be embarrassed having to stop after 5 mins, you're only 34!".

Now, as you say, it doesn't happen every time - sometimes I just have a good workout and I'm nice to myself, but - good grief - sometimes the fury just comes out.
QueenOfSwords is offline   Reply With Quote