Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Brrr.... cold here today! And we're getting Terri's snow tonight and tomorrow. Fun. I'm done with winter too.

Terri -- I've found that I do best during the week when my food is all planned out. I made soup on the weekend and that's dinner each night. That's heat and go. And then I just have to pack my lunch/snack bag every day. It's key that I not have to think too much in the morning!! Good luck!!

Debbie -- I agree about getting moving and being successful. I find that so much harder to do in the winter, though!

I've had a couple of good days and am feeling more in control again. On Monday I arrived to find our secretary had made cookies and left a whole plateful for me. I gave some away and pitched the rest. I do not need that kind of temptation right now. I felt strong! Why are some days so much easier than others??
Old 01-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

The week has been great - and busy. Trying to get back in a routine - work until 530 then the gym and trying to tan a little to get a base before the upcoming Caribbean trip in a few weeks. By the time I'm home it usually after 8 - quick dinner and do it all over again. It's such a great feeling to be in the gym every night! Feeling so much better with food coming back to focus - the refined sugar and white carbs are so addictive for me.

Planning is such a key - I need to do some additional planning for next week - now that I remember what I eat when I'm making good choices - what a short memory. I had to go back to journals and TDP to come up with things other than grilled chicken, fish and steamed veggies.

Heather - thanks for the soup idea. I've got the quick chicken tortilla(less) soup going now for dinner tonight. Was glad I found some carrots lurking in the crisper.

Barb - you're so right about too many veggies - but I admire your DH for going for it with gusto!

Terri - I'm done with this weather - been a long time since we've had a winter like this and it's only January. Be safe - you've got quite a drive to work. Think the kids will ever get back to school?

Judy - you are so focused - you're my hero. You mis-step and you immediately refocus. Thanks for everything.

Debbie - enjoy your snow - Terri and I have plenty to share with you.

Be warm - be well
Old 01-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!

Popping in quickly before bed. I really don't want to go to bed, however I know I need to. I am happy to report another good day. I had a great training session. Food was within my calories. Some of the choices I made were not the best, but I'm happy I didn't go overboard.

Hubby workout tonight for the first time in...well....since I met him nearly 16 years ago. He met with a trainer and came home totally pumped up!!! I am so proud of him and excited to have him on this journey with me. Now we just have to figure out our gym schedules so we can both get our time. Our gym doesn't have babysitting so we have to take turns going and watching the boys. We'll figure it out.

I'll catch you lovely ladies tomorrow!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #19  

Barb -- How cool you're getting hubby in on the health scene!! Made a big difference for me when mine got involved!!

I had a good day, too. I did not overeat, had a great workout with my trainer and feel in control. Yes!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 AM   #20  
Gone Primal.

S/C/G: 352/248.8/185

Height: 5'7.5"

Not sure where to post this but at 43, I think I need to get to know a lot of you much better.

My daughter's donor has had a stroke and I'm more determined than ever to not become the next family tragedy.

For the first 7 days of the year (plus the 3 last days of 2009), I've lost 7.5 lbs. After being stuck at a plateau for a while, the exercise and nutrition choices I'm making are finally yielding the results I deserve. Yay!

Back to catching up my meal tracking, I'm behind again. lol

Stay warm and stay strong,
RW
Old 01-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

We got snow. We only have a few inches but its enough to cancel school and the frigid temp are coming in behind it. I think we have been extremely cold already...
Today will be a challenge as my routine has changed with no school. It will be more like a weekend. I will not cheat today and I will exercise.
Stay safe and warm everyone!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #22  

Great to see you posting here, RW! I think we all understand your motivation. Congrats on your WHOOSH!

Snow here too -- I know what my exercise will be this afternoon!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Morning ladies,

I'm sitting here procrastinating getting dressed to go outside and start shoveling. Our office is closed until 10:00 am. I don't know that we got a lot of snow but it is so cold.

I almost had a food meltdown last night. I left work before 4 pm and had to go across town (Carol - OP to Belton) to get meds for DH which I had to get yesterday. That took me 1-1/2 hours to get to the Hy-Vee. I was starved and determined to eat for comfort. I told DH I was picking up a pizza to bring home for dinner. He made some comment that I could tell that it wasn't the right choice. It really irritated me. However, I bought a piece of chipotle tilapia and a salmon pinwheel. I was still starved though and bought 4 eggrolls that I could eat on the way home. It took me over an hour then to finally get home. It was 8:00 when I finally was in the house, animals all fed and ready for the night and me ready for dinner. I was glad that I didn't get the pizza and that DH was a voice of reason. I don't feel so bad about getting something to eat but I could have made so much better of a choice. But I was determined to comfort myself. Almost hellbent on it. My rationalization was that the scale said 267 this morning so I can eat today. Wake up call!! That is not how I want to be thinking.

Barb - I know you must be feeling so happy that your DH is taking these first steps.

Carol - You're doing a great job! When do you head to the Caribbean? Now would be a good time and come back in April.

Deb - Be strong today! You can stick with it.

RW - Welcome to the group! Looks like you've already lost 60 pounds. That is great! on those seven pounds!

Heather - Be careful shoveling! How have you classes been going this week?

Okay, I guess I better get up and moving. The snow won't move itself.

to all!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #24  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

QUICK STOP!

Just got in from WW. I lost another lb.

Boy, do I have motivation this week. I need to lose only 1.4 lbs to get to a 30lb loss AND a total of 4.5 to break the big 300 and get my 10% key ring.

I'm sticking to my program like glue for the next 3 or 4 weeks!

Gotta run. Need to get a lot done tonight.

I'll "chat" tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #25  

Today hasnt been a great food day but not too bad either. I use to always bake brownies and stuff on snow days, not even tempted this year. I cant tell you the last time I had a brownie...:O)
I got my walk in the house and did a bit of sweeping the snow outside. We are out of school again tommorow so no just 1 kid to care for tommorow. I am going to tackle closets tommorow.
judy- awesome job!!
heather_ I want spring!!
teri- way to go on making good choices!
barb- hi
carol- are you snowed in and freezing?
RW- nice to meet you.
geo_ where are you?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Super quick hello!

Judy - YAY!

Hubby went to the gym again today! WooHoo!

I had a good food and exercise day!

Tired....off to bed!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Today I'm hibernating - tomorrow too probably. High today zero - Terri please be careful out there tending your herd. Think I will research some new healthy menus. I will post a "Sweet Potatoe Naponeon" recipe in the recipe section - it was in our local newspaper and sounds wonderful - for 65 calories. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorites.

Terri - we head to the Caribbean on January 30. Although right now it's not too warm there - about 50 in the ports we head to this time. Very unusual for them too - hoping it's back to normal temps by then. My nephew is in Honduras on a medical mission (he's a last year pharmacy student) and the temp has been around 60 - they told them to bring clothes for 95-110 temps - oops.

No excuse for me not to get plenty of exercise while home today - lots of DVDs, treadmill, ball, weights, Wii fit - I can do this at home for a few days - and I will.

Be warm - we well.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #28  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girls! I'm here, lurking a little. Buried under a bunch of divorce issues/tasks, but I'm still standing.

Debi and Carol, thanks for digging me out of my funk...I'll be back full time soon. I miss you all terribly!

Georgia
Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #29  
BELIEVE!

Super quick Howdy!

GEO...GREAT to see you!

I'm down 3.8 pounds for the week!

Back later when I get some work done!

Stay Warm!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #30  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Brrr. Not as cold as you mid-westerners have .... yet. I think we'll get it for the weekend. Can't stay in either. I really need to go to the grocery store. Getting low on a lot of stuff.

So far today's been 100%. I've pre-planned and journaled like a Pro. Hope I can keep it up tomorrow.

Barb: -3.8 lbs. YES!!!! You're BACK!

Georgia: Don't let those "issues" bury you or get you down. You've got it in you to be in complete control of your weight and your life. It'll get easier.

Carol: Wish I like sweet potatoes. I may have to give them another try. It's been a long time since I tried one.

Deb: Are you out of that closet yet?

Terri: to you for evading the food meltdown last night. Good Job! And kudos to DH for reminding you to be strong. Barn work has to be awful in the cold spell you folks are having.

RW Glad you stopped in. We're friendly. Don't forget to come back.

Heather: Congrats on staying OP and WORKING with a trainer. I'm impressed.

Off to FaceBook to tend the farm.
Closed Thread