Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #1  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi Everyone!!

So, you may have guessed I'm new here. Just like a bazillion other people. I'm usually just a New Year's Resolution, but I have decided to make this year the last year I make that particular resolution.

My name is Erin. I'm 36, about to be married in late summer, biological mother to 3 and stepmother to 4 more, and step-grandma to 3 little ones. (We don't say "step" much around here, but people seem to get a little alarmed when I tell them I'm a 36 year old grandma! )

My story is pretty much like most of the stories on here. I have always struggled with my weight...that's not to say I've always been overweight, I wasn't until late high school. Even then, it was only 10-15 lbs. But as time went on, and more kids came to the family in the customary way, and poor eating habits and depression and inactivity set in, 10-15 became 20-30, and then 40-50 and so on, until I arrived where I am now, 167 lbs from where I want to be. Holy crap.

I know I didn't get like this overnight, so it's going be a long process to get where I want to be. I'm pretty sure that I'm ready for that journey now. I just want to get healthier, and hotter! I think I'm pretty hot as I am, so we can only go up and up as the poundage goes down and down, right? I hear all the time (not bragging, I swear) about how cute I am "for a big girl." I'd like to drop that last part once and for all!

So that's the "short" version. I'm sure I'll be telling you plenty more later...maybe even more than you wanted to know. It's good meeting everyone!
lavieboheme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

welcome to the group. if you are exercising join our exercise thread.
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #3  

Hi lavieboheme73 (mind if I call you "lavie"?),
Welcome to 3FC. You have come to the perfect place to start your journey. You'll find plenty of support and motivation to make your journey as smooth as possible. I'd like to invite you to check out the POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: One positive thing about me today is..... PART SIX. It's a great group of friends who support each other and applaud our positive achievments each day. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Later - Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/294/170

Height: 5'8"

Looking forward to making the long journey alongside you Erin, and hearing all that stuff I didn't want to hear, or is it just that I didn't know I wanted to hear it, along the way.
hali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome welcome! I hope to see you around and you're more than welcome to dive right into our weekly chat and other fab threads.

Sounds like you have a solid plan and are ready to make these changes. A new you, a new life....rebirth. *HUGS* Welcome!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote