Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and Getting Fit after 40 #241

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #2  

Hi all!

I had a nice weekend with my family. I was getting over my tonsilitis and now feel a LOT better, but my Mom caught a cold from my niece and nephew. Not fun!

I didn't pay a lot of attention to food this weekend and it's time to take charge of the reins.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I was able to get my eating back on track yesterday.My scales are so sensative...if I eat anything wrong they jump 2-3lbs per day...so 2 days off track is about 6lbs. I guess that is what really keeps us on track...I freak when my scales jump like that. IM down 3 of the 6 I gained over the weekend.
Im still trying to figure out why I cant say NO to food on the weekends...I do just fine during the week.Im truly thinking of changing my weigh day back to monday.
I know Im not the only one who has problems with the weekend..so this coming weekend IM challenging everyone to a NOT A BITE OFF PLAN WEEKEND. I know some maybe having Christmas or holiday celebrations but for the rest of us it might be a good way to help us look great for Christmas.IM challenging myself to not a bite off plan till 1pm on Christmas Eve. We will be having a big country ham breakfast so my scales will jump major from the sodium in it.
Heather- glad your getting better...hope your mom makes a speedy recovery. Stomach bug is going around here and I pray I dont get it!!!
geo- how are you feeling?
judy- computer came in yet?
Teri- HI
carol-how are you this morning?
hi to any and all lurkers..come out and talk with us.

Last edited by dgramie; 12-15-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin'

New laptop arrived yesterday. I can't get it to go online so I decided to wait until tonight to call Time Warner. I want to be calm and be able to speak intelligently. Not an easy thing for me.

Deb, My worst day is Sunday too. I'll accept your challenge to stay completely OP this weekend. Think I'll plan all of my weekend meals on Friday so I'll have no excuses to stray.

I'll catch up when I get the laptop running. I'm so excited. There are so many bells and whistlesit'll take me ages to figure them out!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #5  

Hi ladies!

I took charge yesterday and was okay on food but punted on going to the gym. Why? I have no idea.

Today I got to the gym this morning, but am hungry and have already eaten my lunch and snack!!! Focus, Heather!!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #6  

heather- are you getting enough protien? I know for me if I dont get enough then I get the munchies.
I sure miss everyone else here. Hope everyone is healthy and happy and busy with eating right and exercising.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #7  

I'm here.

It's cold and snowy, and windy, and tomorrow will be even colder.

I've got WW tomorrow night. I've had a good enough week that I want to go but dragging my behind out again after I get home isn't going to be easy.

Hey Heather ..... Are you still focusing?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #8  

I am excited to report a 1.8lb loss. It puts me back to the 90lb mark. I am so excited and this time plan to hit the 100lb mark and keep going...down down down.
We ate dinner out after shopping and I did great and stayed within my points. Now I need to do the not a bite off plan weekend.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Judy - I hear you about getting out once you're snuggled in. We've had cold weather all week - cold enough I had to wear my snuggle duds under my dress clothes. Stay warm.

Debbie - great job!

DH took me to a Brazilian steakhouse for my bd last night - that was a new experience for us - probably won't repeat it but glad we did it. Today I need to get the car inspected and run a few errands - then a session with the evil trainer.

Be warm - be well.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #10  

Happy Bdday GGG!!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #11  

HI Ladies! I am still doing okay, but I'm eating to maintain, not lose. At least I'm not eating to gain.

Debbie asked about protein. That's definitely something I focus on. I'm getting plenty (about 23% of my calories). I think the problem when I'm hungry is that it's head hunger not real hunger.

As for the weather, I've been wanting to hibernate. Makes it tough to get things done!

My hubby and I haven't seen each other since last Friday -- when I got back from my trip, he'd already left. He gets back tonight and I'm looking forward to it!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #12  

Grrrr ....... I lost my post. Oh well, I'll try again.

I just got back from WW. I lost another 2.6 lbs. That makes it -25 lbs. total I got my 25 lb. charm that goes on the -10% of my total weight keyring, that I haven't received yet.

Needless to say all's well in my world tonight.

Keep warm.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Judy - you are doing fantastic! I'm so proud of you.

I've noticed a new behavior for me - in the past if my food wasn't spot on I wouldn't exercise - food hasn't been great the past few days but I've spent lots of time in the gym. Heading there shortly for cardio before I swim this morning.

Be warm - be well.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #14  

WTG ladies!!!

I'm planning on the gym tonight! Food is okay, no changes...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #15  

I didnt do so good today...started out when a mom gave me pumpkin roll for a present.I had a tiny slice of it..and then another mom sent cookies and another mom huge cupcakes covered in thick frosting..( white my favorite). My actual food was great but not the sweets...tommorow is a new day and Im going to try hard.
Just facing the fact that the next week is going to be HARD!! My plan is to stay on track until something major comes my way...like cupcakes! LOL
Daughter is wanting to meet for lunch of hotwings tommorow at our favorite place...guess my no bites off plan weekend is not going to work out so well!! Maybe I will try and get some extra exercise to counteract the food.
Closed Thread