Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1241

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Kayley: Sounds like you are just trucking along with loosing! I am proud of ya!

Voodoo: Gosh everyone in and out of hospitals..UGH..hugs for you

Thanks for the birthday wishes. My sister was not able to leave PA til today. They closed the highways. Hubby got home and said lets go eat anyhow. So we did. My brother and my cousin went. It was nice. So when my sister gets home we will go again. Not sure if it will olive garden or something else. IT is so weird, I use to be able to eat lots of breadsticks and salad and then eat my whole meal. Now I always have more to take home then what I eat.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies...nothing much going on just finished working out for 45 mins doing a leslie sansone 3 mile walk and getting ready for the xmas get together on saturday...only 5 days!!! It seems like it got here so quickly too! Well, gotta run gonna go shower and so some much needed laundry

talk to you ladies later
Heather
Old 12-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Helloooooo ladies

Kaleystar - As for my life with my current BF, no things aren't really that better. I think he sees though that he can't just constantly yell at me and things...he pretty much takes everything out on me and makes life very difficult at times. It isn't 100% his fault, he has some issues he can't control, but there are things he can control that he obviously doesn't. November I just sort of shutdown because of too much negativity. So, I dunno, we are "working" on it, but I don't really see myself with the same guy years down the road. I guess I'm sort of at a crossroads if that makes sense. *HUGS*

Cyn - *HUGS* I miss you all as well.

Voodoo - HUGS HUGS, I hope you are hanging in there.\

It seems like a lot of us are struggling. *HUGS TO EVERYONE*

I'm getting back on my feet and moving on with things, not everything. I've gained weight, 6-8 pounds, but you know I can see a change in me. I panic when I gain that much weight, get really upset and disappointed with myself. Before I would just let the weight pack on without thinking about it. Now I care...that is something I can say is positive.

I'm making some plans for Jan and eating raw again also being active and drawing again. I'm actually making my holiday cards this year, doing pen illustrations and putting them on black card stock to fit with a theme I have in mind. I don't think many people get black holiday cards so that should be fun. I'm sending them out tomorrow morning with three other packages.

I'm just about done with holiday shopping, which I have to admit making myself go out shopping as been FUN. I love it, even with the grumpy holiday people out there lol. I love moving around, walking, I really hate staying still. Even now I want to get up lol. That is a new change, I think that is me coming back to something positive and warm and fuzzy. :P

I hope everyone is doing well. How is everyone doing on holiday shopping? Everyone done? I have a few more things to get for my nephews stockings. We get them a Hanukkah gift and then stockings with stuff so they get to experience both holidays.

*HUGS*
Old 12-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #5  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Had a really bad day yesterday. When we woke up, the wind chill was -62C. That is the same as -79.6F. They crisscross at -40. I had two flat tires from the cold, so I couldn't go to church. We only live 3 blocks, so we could have walked, but it would be dangerous to be exposed to the weather for that long. We stayed home, and I cleaned house, and ate like I was preparing to hibernate. By the end of the day, I had eater 2800 calories. I'm surprised I bothered to keep track, but it is important for me to know what I am doing even when it isn't so good.

It's only -32 right now, so I'm headed out with the compressor to try to get the tires inflated enough to make it to the tire store for some proper winter tires. I'll be wearing two pairs of pants, a long sleeved t-shirt followed by a thermal shirt, a sweat shirt, a hoodie, and then my coat. I will be lucky if I can bend my arms enough to work, but I will be warm. I also wear a nordic balaclava followed by a fur lined bomber. For some reason, people here don't seem to get upset when you wear real fur. Vegans don't survive long outside in this kind of weather.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #6  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

good morning ladies

catherineM- brrrrr i complain when its 15 degrees F... guess i should stop now knowing how bloody cold it gets there lol.

i havnt done too well on the exercise since friday.. keep trying to catch a cold or something that is here just enough to make me feel blah, but not completely sick..
well, its been 4 weeks and 3 days since my mom passed. it is getting a lil easier.. i dont cry all day every day now, but then i feel guilty if i go a whole day without crying since it hasnt been that long.. grief is an odd thing.

im going to work harder to make myself exercise more.. i do feel so much better when i do it, it's just getting up the gumption to actually 'get up' that's the hard part lol..

hope you all have a good day today
Old 12-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

catherine: I can not even imagine -79F!!!!!! Being from Arizona..that sounds horrible! BRR!!

Jacquie: HUGS girl! I would love a black Christmas card..lol..I bet they are pretty.

As for me: I am watching football..poor cardinals Going to work on some more cards tomorrow after work.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcyn View Post
As for me: I am watching football..poor cardinals
I know! I am so disappointed.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/385/230

Height: 6"1

This is great! Can't wait to get to know you ladies!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #10  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Well, I am trying to crawl out of this depressive sh*t hole I have been in for the past month or so. I have gotten off track since my bout with the swine flu a couple of weeks ago.

I am stressed and anxious about school. I am REALLY close to messing up my academic career for good. I may have already done so. All I need is to scrape by in one class (out of 5) and I can keep my student status, but if I have to take medical withdrawals for ALL of them, then I have to withdraw completely. And I don't know if I will get in again, because my school is really competitive and although my grades are good, I have taken medical withdrawals for the past 2 terms. My work for the class I am trying to keep is a week late now. That is, a week past my EXTENSION. I don't know if he will accept it. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have NO motivation. I just can't wait for this semester to end. I know I am so lucky to go to a top-notch university, and I am just really frustrated with myself for messing up so badly. It's so hard to stay motivated when all you can think about is how badly you hate yourself and want to die. And I am SO DAMN TIRED all the time. Exhausted to the point where I didn't even think I had the energy to type this post.

I am also out of antidepressant and have been too bloody lazy to go see my psychiatrist to get the prescription refilled. It's really bad, to the point where I can't seem to make myself get out of bed for ANYTHING. The last time I was out of the apartment was when I went to see my pastor 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, I am getting back on track with the weight loss. Just trying to push on through and hope this horrible fatigue/lack of caring about anything goes away.

I surpassed my first goal weight a few weeks ago (losing 20 lbs), so it's time to set a new one. My new goal is 225, which will mean that I am no longer morbidly obese.

Yay!

Hugs to everyone.

Last edited by PinkFlamingo; 12-15-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/308.4/165

Height: 5'11

So this morning after trying to get my husband out of bed for the millionth time and me getting frustrated because he kept going back to sleep, i figured i would do something productive. I took my son out on a power walk in his stroller. I had a good time and so did Ethan and when we got back Daddy was finally ready to go out and run our arons.

Hope all of you are doing well!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #12  

Good morning ladies...I'm having a pretty good morning so far...I had so much energy today for some reason that i worked out for 2 hrs and 45 mins! I did my 1 hr 15 min strength training workout and then i did NOT 1 but 2 45 minute 3 mile walks and i feel soo good and soo energized!

I am also getting very excited about my family xmas get together on my husbands side of the family this saturday!! Only 4 days away! Its seems like just yesterday it was 6 weeks away and now its almost here! and then on top of that its 10 days til xmas!!! OMG! boy this month is flying by!

Well, i will talk to you ladies later have a great day everyone!
Heather
Old 12-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

Long time no see.

I have been super depressed and not wanting to "pass it along to you guys". I am just getting over a bout of pnumonia and feeling super sorry for myself. I woke up this morning looked at the scale that has me at 223.5 and thought to myself, what the heck am I doing? I worked so stinkin hard to lose 299 pounds and now I am going to just give up. No WAY!

I am going to try to come here daily for the support and accountability. My exercise is extremely limited due to my heart but dogone it, I can do some and I don't have to eat like crap!

So, today is a brand new day for me. Maybe even the first day of the rest of my life type day. I am alive! I am alive! Now, I need to act like it.

I'll get back into the swing of things like personals etc. I refuse at this time to change my weight tracker back up to 223.5 unless by Friday I am not down some. If by Friday I am still there then I will change it otherwise, it is too temporary to even mess with!

Blessings and hugs to you all,
Annie
Old 12-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #14  

Dogpal...Im glad to see that you are back and im sorry you are having such a hard time right now because of your heart condition and getting over pneumonia but it sounds like you might have the right attitude again..YOU ARE ALIVE! and we can help and support you and we will all be here to listen to you dont worry about coming here because you dont want to depress us because we all care about you and are worried about you so i am really happy that you are back and that you are not going to give up on yourself you have worked too hard to get where you are girl to stop now! DONT GIVE UP!

Last edited by hbieber2006; 12-15-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Thanks sweetie!
Blessings,

Annie
Closed Thread