Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I can't believe it's already Wednesday and I'm just posting for the first time this week. A very strange little virus found me early this week - temp of 94 with severe chills. Glad it's gone.

Food has been great - exercise great. It's the zone I wish I could bottle.

Barb - so great to see you - you were missed.

Geo - great decision on no fast food after class. Not sure if I've ever mentioned it here but when I first started this journey my first step was no drive thru - I could have fast food BUT if that was to be my choice then I was going to have to park the car and go in for it. I know myself - wasn't going to happen. One of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Debbie - thanks for missing me. How is the weekend prep for the week working out for you? I am missing my soup this week - I think next week will be a nice chicken vegetable.

Learn - so glad you're posting with us. Not a turnip fan but I've done the same with butternut squash.

Julia - hey - I was thinking about you and here you are! I've thought so much about how I can match your great Thanksgiving week as the holiday approaches.

Keep the great week going!

Last edited by gggirls; 11-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #17  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

A quick personal check in with everyone...

Julia, do your kids inventory the candy too? Sounds like my house! I've had to put it all away in a variety of places. Last year, "Superman" had it in his fortress of solitude (my Superman lunchbox in the back of the pantry). This year, half went to Batman - in the bat cave aka the chest freezer in the garage. The other half went to Alfred the Butler - in a box behind the wine closet. Rhyan figured it out immediately!

Hope the laundry chore went by quickly, with very little gagging. Yuck! Poor Julia and poor kitty!

Debbie - You are the bomb! I aspire to cut calories like you. So hard for me to do, but you are my inspiration!

Barb - dandelion greens are an aquired taste. My mother's been working on me with them since before I can recall. I used to gag on them really badly when I was little, but as with many foods, when you get older, things ain't so bad, and some are even better. Such is the case with the dandelion greens. If you can find them now, they're really nice braised. They aren't so bitter in the late fall to early spring. When the weather warms up, they're more bitter. I actually love them even more when they're bitter. But I have strange taste buds and love a lot of stuff other people won't touch. And that is my big problem!

Learn - I've never eaten turnips, but you had me at "butter" and "cheese".

Blessings to all the other peekers!

Last edited by geoblewis; 11-05-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:09 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning,
Sounds like many of us are doing good.That is nice to see!
Hang in there for anyone struggling.
Carol- I will have a bowl of soup for lunch today. The rest has been frozen and will be pulled out on days when i dont have time to prepare lunch.
My glucose was 114 today but that is still higher than Im use to seeing. Post meal last night was 136.
The men are finishing up my house this week.They started working on it back in MAY. I was at my wits end with them. I called this week and told them I could feel cold air coming in my windows and was going to send him my gas bill for the winter.LOL well he came yesterday and started caulking my windows finally!!! They still have to replace the quater round in my kitchen around the new windows. IM sooooooo ready for them to be done with my house! Like I have said before that hail storm was a true blessing from God!!
I have a recipe for diabetic choc fudge.Im making it this weekend for hubby to test out. He always wants a taste of something sweet after a meal.Im hoping this will do the trick for him.
Hard to believe its time to start thinking and planning for the holidays.
gotta get running my granddaughter will be here today and she keeps me on my toes.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #19  

Wonder why it is some days we have it and some days we don't. Yesterday I had it! Took the pups for a nice long walk, walked to and from my personal training session and worked especially hard during the session. The endorphins were flowing! I shared with my trainer a 3FC tip I had recently read - when exercising and struggling through a particular move be sure to smile - it makes it easier. So I was smiling alot, especially when I was using my pet name for her. It was a good time - we laughed through the workout which made it even more enjoyable. I think I just said I enjoyed exercise!

Has anyone heard from Lilion? She's been on my mind lately.

Today I'm going to venture back to water aerobics this morning and then spend some more time outside while the weather is so nice. Hope you all can do the same.

Barb - sorry bout the Phillies - KC and the Yankees share lots of bad blood - was cheering with you!

Georgia - when will you know if you got enough votes???

Terri - missing you - hope things are good for you.

Last edited by gggirls; 11-06-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies,

Had a nice surprise at WI last night. I lost 2 lbs. Considering the "oopsies" I had earlier in the week I was shocked and thrilled.

Looks like everyone is doing really well both with eating and exercise.
Keep it up!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #21  
Renaissance Woman

J-ann! !!!

(I wish there were a belly-dancer smiley. I'd be shaking my stuff for you!)

This afternoon I'm hanging out with my younger son and his friends, in the living room. They're absorbed with XBox, playing Halo 3. I asked them to turn off the sound and I agreed to play the rock-n-roll music for them instead. It's KISS right now...Gene Simmons singing "Rock and Roll All Night". At least they like stuff I know the words for!

I missed taking my meds yesterday, and I've let the soy creep back into my diet for the last few days, and I gained back eight pounds in the last two days. Not at all happy about that. I spending the weekend doing penance with vegetables.

Carol, today is the last day of voting. I'm 11 votes shy of 300. I'm not anywhere near winning based on votes, but fortunately they actually consider writing and what one has to offer as well. If they consider me based on that, I really believe I'm a contender. So keep voting for me...here.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #22  

Judy - nicely done! Your description was such a reminder to me also. How many times I've done the exact same thing - just not stopped at the closest trash can.

Georgia - what fun - letting them enjoy some rock n roll. We've got a coupla weeks left in the 60 day challenge - get that soy out of there.

Food, exercise and more importantly life is good for me. I'm trying to put three looming scale events to the back of my mind - when they're reached I'll share. I hope to be sharing one of them next week.

I'm off to swim - I heeded the lecture from my trainer about not giving up the water but approaching it differently. Turns out maybe I don't know everything - hrrmph.

Have a great Saturday.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Just got back from a quick trip to the market. I was out of almost everything. My knees were killing me so I just got the essentials and will do another trip tomorrow for the rest.

So Carol ....How are you approaching swimmimg differently? I'll probably get back to the pool when I break 300 and can get back into my suit. I used to aqua jog and swim at the Y. Hopefully that will be around the New Year.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gang! Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is having a great day.

Yesterday I faced the scale once again and adjusted my ticker up nearly 5 pounds. I guess it could have been worse, however it was still frustrating. I want to see the scale move the right direction again!!! I'm feeling much more in control and more accountable to myself.

I had a great workout this morning and then we took the boys out to lunch and to the DE Natural History Museum. It was just the perfect size for 2 spirited toddlers. They are watching some TV while I do a little catching up w/ my internet friends and then I have to do a little work.

Not sure what's on the table for dinner tonight. It will be light and healthy since we ate lunch out.

Have a great evening everyone!
Barb
Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Hello!?!?! Anyone out there? I hope you are all having a super fantastic healthy Sunday!!!

This morning I went for a bike ride with my new riding partner (my trainer's wife). I'm thrilled to report my longest ride yet...just about 21 miles!!! I was pumped! After that we took the boys to the zoo for nearly 4 hours. It was certainly an active day!

I'm going to get myself ready for tomorrow and go relax.

Later Gals!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #26  
Renaissance Woman

Oh Barb!!! You rock!!! I aspire to your awesomeness!

I spent the weekend cleaning and hanging out with my boys. My older son had SAT subject testing, and then I took him out to lunch so we could have some quality "grown up" time together. We sat at the bar of a local brew pub and ate our meal and we talked bartending (as if I'm an expert...maybe on the receiving end, a little). It was nice.

We came home and I started doing some deep cleaning. Things get out of control so quickly. I realized that I have been over-shopping when it comes to food, and my pantry is bulging at the seams. Time to cook from the reserves. I bought one of those extendable dusters so I could clean the ceiling fan and the vaulted ceilings in the living room. OMG! I can't believe how much dust we pulled down! But I already feel better from the dust removal.

So the cleaning had me breathing hard, plus a trip to the Lowes Votex. (It's what my oldest called it when he was 5, because we used to go there when we were poorer and spent hours smelling sawdust and thumbing through building books and just dreaming.) My legs are tired. The last thing we did, just 10 minutes ago was to move furniture in my youngest's room. He's got a heavy teak bed, dresser and desk, and the bed was up along one wall and very difficult to change the sheets without breaking a finger nail and tweaking my back. So we rearranged, and I tweaked my back anyway, but now the flow is much nicer.

I'm ready to sleep! See you in the morning!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume thread!
Closed Thread