Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Question "Things I LIKE about eating healthy/being on a diet..._____?

Lets go folks..what do you LIKE about eating healthy/being on a diet? We all complain about all the bad things..but there are GOOD things about being on a diet.

Things I LIKE about being on a diet:

* The same cash staying in my wallet for a week because I'm not buying fast food or ordering delivery.

* Finding clothes hidden in the back of the closet that I haven't touched in years, and discovering they now fit.

* Having more energy and feeling emotionally more healthy now that I'm putting good things into my body.

* No longer sitting and bemoaning my continued weight gain. I may not be at goal but I'm DOING something about my weight now.

* Discovering new foods outside of my previous shopping list..whole grains, new veggies and fruits...a whole new style of cooking.

What can YOU come up with?

Kat
Katarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #2  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Great clear skin! I now need very little makeup. Just enough to add a little zip!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #3  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I enjoy trying new foods I never thought I 'd like before and now I do! I never knew I loved fruit so much before I started eating healthy and now I adore it! I also love whole wheat breads and pastas now more then I ever loved white. and I have tried new things like hummus and laughing cow cheese! things I would have never even thought of before!

This may be TMI but before I ate healthy I had horrible stomach/ Bowel problems=IBS It has improved by 99% just by eating healthy! I now rarely ever get heart burn when before I'd suffer almost daily from eating pizza or fast food!

I enjoy saving money! every one think that eating healthy is so expensive but for me it has saved a TON of money! just by eating at home and not eating out!

again this may be TMI but when I ate bad I felt bad about myself and my body I was never in the "the mood" but now 'm so proud of my self and confident not even from the fact that I'm losing weight because i haven't lost much yet but because I'm taking control of my life and that makes me feel good and energized and very in "the mood" lol and my hubby does not mind! and you'd be surprised how much of a difference 25 lbs makes It's not as "hard" or exhausting to do any more..lol it get's easier every time..

Last edited by mariamherrera; 10-15-2009 at 09:20 PM.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I like that I feel and look so much healthier and I have tons of energy now.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #5  
starting over again

S/C/G: start weight: 350 lbs

Height: 5'5"

I get heartburn less and I have more energy, and that's with just getting started
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #6  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Saving money because I'm eating out less is a good one, but my favorite is that I have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY AND FLEXIBILITY IN BED HOORAY!

And I am not sure if this is weight loss related but it can't hurt - kicking PCOS's ***!

Last edited by nooch; 10-15-2009 at 11:23 PM.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

More energy.
Wearing smaller clothes!
And, no pain! My legs/feet/ankles/knees used to hurt ALL THE TIME. Now, I have NO PAIN at all. It's amazing. And wonderful.
Oh, and getting hit on all the time doesn't hurt either.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #8  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I really like the foods I eat now. It's all pretty simple, basic stuff, but I'm always happy when meal times comes around!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:43 AM   #9  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 268/CW/125

I like not feeling like crud whenever I eat X or too much of X. I like not overstretching my stomach. I like no more food comas or disgusting excessive bingeing. I like to know what 1200 calories of healthy foods looks like--and not feeling starving yet satisfied. I like to know that I will survive eating 1/2 of a sandwich. I love not bingeing a lot on pizza and a 2 liter of pop. I love watching my cholesterol level and A1C go down. Although I still look huge, I love that the fat suit is slowly deflating.

Last edited by better health3; 10-17-2009 at 12:43 AM.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/270/145

* The same cash staying in my wallet for a week because I'm not buying fast food or ordering delivery.*

I completely agree with this one
I recently went through my bank statements and added up over the last few months the amount of money I spent on fast food. The average was about $400 month and I just wanted to cry. That is a car payment!! I have been wanting a new car for so long and always thought I could not afford it...turns out...I was eating it.
Another thing I like about changing to a healthier life style is the is the way by boyfriend looks at me after I come home from a work out. He looks so proud and happy...I think because I look happy. I have more confidence and I smile more. This new found confidence I know will give me that push I need to keep this up.
Sasha Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:01 AM   #11  

Hi Kat,
I've noticed that I feel better physically (healthwise), instead of thinking I feel better when I eat that whole bag of chips or hitting the drive-thru.
Sure I still have the same aches and pains due to back and neck problems, but at least I'm not going through the highs and lows of eating crap and then feeling like crap for eating it.
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #12  
starting over again

S/C/G: start weight: 350 lbs

I notice that my legs don't hurt as much when I walk
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote