Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I feel so much better after just a few days of eating right. I woke up this morning at 3 am full of energy. I did pass out last night pretty early.I was exhausted from a day of hard housework and yardwork.THe house and yard looks great and I feel in control.
Eating has been so easy even though I am hungry right now but trying to hold my morning snack off till 10. Im sure part of it is from waking up so early.

Hi to everyone new..its great to meet you.
Lets see what we can accomplish this month.
hugs to all
Old 09-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #17  

Height: 5'11"

Man, this is going to be a hard week. Today started with Internet problems, fax problems, 16 voicemails, innumerable emails, more Internet problems...pant pant. I feel like the inside of my head is buzzing -- pretty sure this is why I have elevated blood pressure!

But tonight's gym night -- hooray -- and I'm looking forward to MOVING. And then desperately trying to catch up on work from today

Hope your days are going well!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather - you are right - today is a new day. And it feels so good to be back eating/acting healthy. Attitude is so different when I have a handle on the eating game. Thanks for the attitude adjustment.

Georgia - the plumber was here and done by 8AM. Life is so much better with running water in the kitchen.

Debbie - I can't wait to get reorganized over the upcoming weekend. It helps when everything is in its place and I'm dug in to my routine. Can't wait to make soup either - I have ingredients for three of my favorites ready to roll.

Today is the two year anniversary of the beginning of my journey to better health. I'm pleased to report there is 85 lbs less of me than on that day. Could it be a bigger loss - of course. For me I am so much healthier and truly feel like I have changed my life. Exercise, even though a struggle at times, is a part of my life. These last two years have been a gift to myself. I'm excited to see what year 3 will bring.

Thanks to each of you for your support in helping me each step of the way!

hugs,
Carol
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #19  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default Good Morning

Hello everyone:

I just wanted to let you guys know I finally got a pass to my neighbourhood rec centre where I can swim for free. Adult swimming is weeknights from 8-8:45pm. I'm usually getting ready for bed but I'll change my routine to take advantage of this free close by swimming. There is a workout room upstairs too at the price of $10/month so I will get on that tonight and sign up.

I walked over last night so I got a bit more walking in than usual and that's good. I got out the bike and got air in the tires but I need a tire gauge to really see if they are full or not. When sitting on it they go really flat THIS has actually stopped me from riding my bike all summer because when I see the flat tire I think "I'm too heavy to ride this bike. It can't take it/I shouldn't do this I'm too fat". So I haven't used it. Now I really want to ride it over to the rec centre when I go swimming. It'd be so fast there'd be no excuses for not going over to swim... and it'd be fun to do too!

Gotta go catch a bus to work now. Thanks for listening!

Last edited by onebyone; 09-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #20  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girls! Just getting up from an extended nap...I ate wickedly at breakfast, and combined with a shortened night of sleep, I really needed it.

I made a poor choice at breakfast, some little cinnamon roll bites from Trader Joes. I got a package for the boys, but they didn't clean them out this morning and I ate a few. Within an hour, I was ready to sleep, and my whole body ached. Even now, I'm achy all over and even my hands are feeling rather arthritic. I'm also wondering about my shampoo again, because I actually started to feel bad after my shower, and I had used the shampoo.

Yesterday I did some upper body weight training, to strengthen my shoulders, and I did some bicep curls. I did them while I was laying down in bed, and I didn't use any weights. I'm sore from that too! But it's real muscle aches from exercise, which is a little different from the allergic reaction to soy. I haven't done weight training in awhile and I wanted to strengthen my shoulders again before attempting to do the bigger upper body stuff and hurt myself again. I didn't realize I lost so much strength already!

Carol, what a happy anniversary for you! Congratulations on your success! And I really like the way you think! You're an inspiration to me. My two-year anniversary is coming up in January. So far, I've only lost 48 lbs, but I'm celebrating that I don't have that to contend with any longer and that I'm living a much better life now.

Okay, I actually have to produce some work today, before the boys come home. Chat with you later!

Last edited by geoblewis; 09-09-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning!! Well, I am doing better food-wise, but there is definitely room for improvement. And more social events loom ...

While classes don't officially start until Monday, I actually teach my first class this morning!! Always makes me nervous!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #22  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

I am at home ALONE! The house is so quiet with the kids at school! I am working hard on organizing the boys room and dd room. They have been trashed for most of the summer. But look out its going to be mom clean by Monday cause my eye surgery is tuesday! The rest of the house is fine but I think the fridge could use a good wipe down inside. To many juice spills lingering. Forgot to WI so far this week with getting the kids off to school. Besides with my increased physical activity I am sure it is up from some water retention. I will WI saturday and go from there!

Gonna go hubby home for a bit before dispatching to montreal to deliver a trailer full of mushrooms. He is such a funji! LOL he didn't get the joke maybe someone here can appreciate it!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #23  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Someone asked what I make for the kids. I cant find the bar recipe I make for school.

This is an afterschool snack since our school has become a nut free zone I cant send it anymore.

http://www.recipezaar.com/anna-olsen...la-bars-360935
Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #24  

I slinked my way back to the pool tonight - I had at least a zillion excuses but I'm so glad I did. After 6 days of no formal exercise it's like starting over. Today is day 3 OP - starting to feel good again.

Julia - great to see you!

Anybody seen Terri, Lilion, Ruth, Angie, Val, Angela, Tipper? Is this the week Barb is on vacation?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #25  

Height: 5'11"

Carol, I was just thinking how quiet it is around here!

We had some bad news this morning, and it was a rough day from then on out. I'm trying to impress my contracting boss, as I'd like to take on some more work, but today was just a nightmare, and I ended up dumping something on her later than I should have. It hopefully won't be a big deal because a) it was someone else's job to begin with and b) my boss said to let her know if I needed her to do it, but I still feel bad about the way it panned out. Oh well -- nothing to do but keep moving forward!

After being half (diet) on plan and half off (exercise) for two days, I flipped it tonight and was off for the diet and only a little bit on for the exercise. Tomorrow is another day

The good news is that the weather is AMAZING right now -- fabulous -- so I'm looking forward to being able to get some serious walking time in with my husband. Hopefully starting tomorrow night! Woo!

Here's a carrot for you all -- please come back! (Don't make me get the stick !)

Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 AM   #26  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm here! Checking in just before I go to bed.

My little monkey came home with a fever this afternoon, so I've been in nurturing-mode for the last few hours. I've got chicken soup going on the stove now for tomorrow.

No nap today, I had plenty of energy to get stuff done today. I get energized when I don't start the day with food. I've always been a breakfast eater, but I'm noticing more and more how much better I feel when I skip breakfast altogether. I know that's not what is recommended, but it's what my body needs for now.

NSV for the day - my large-calf boots are too big! The boot shaft is 19.5" and they used to fit snugly on me. I tried them on last night and they were floppy and loose around my calves. Yeah!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, my class yesterday went okay. I meet that class again today, but with fewer nerves! It's a busy day with 2 social/food events. And I'm WAY behind on my exercise...

*breathe* *let it out* Everything will be fine.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #28  

Its me...Im still here. Just had a busy couple of days. I am proud to announce after a day of keeping my very busy 11 month old granddaughter I still found the energy to lift weights.I was so close to talking myself out of it.Using the excuse I had carried her around all day long. I sure dont know how I use to carry 87lbs more on this body because after a day of wagging her around the house on my hip, I was exhausted. She only weighs a little over 20lbs.LOL
Carol- doesnt it feel great to be OP.

walrus- didnt want you to get the stick after me...LOL

heather- glad class went ok for you

geo- hope your little guy feels better today. My youngest wanted to make chicken and dumplings last night...need i say more...Calories were a bit higher than i like them.

I have another day with my precious granddaughter. WE found out the new baby is a boy so we are thrilled that we will have one of each. I really want to be at goal or close by the time the baby arrives in feb.

I know weekends are hard for me..lets try and see if we can have an OP weekend. I know I will be THRILLED if i can do it!!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #29  

Debbie - you can do it this weekend - NO - we can do it this weekend. What is your plan? For me the difference on the weekend is more spontaneous activities. My plan today (since it is part of my weekend) is - water class this morning at 630 - chores around the house - errands - grilled pork tenderloin for dinner with grilled veggies. Lunch will be a big salad with boiled eggs for protein. Oh and a session with my trainer at 530. Tomorrow a repeat of the same mostly - water class, soup making for the freezer, a new cashew chicken recipe chock full of veggies.

OK - so I need a plan for Sunday - I'll work on that.

How will we all get through the weekend?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #30  

For me I declare this a NO EATING OUT WEEKEND!!!
Closed Thread