Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning, all! I'm back from my mini-vacation. Had a good time, but did NOT do well with food. I really have to get back on track! BBL
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I am having a great exercise week. I have bumped up my fitness level just in time for my trip. This makes me happy because I am going to spend a day in NY with friends, and hours and hours of walking are in the plans. I should be able to keep up with the skinny friends and have a good time.

TOM is here, and this also makes me happy because I have not suffered terrible cravings this week. What a blessing to have a break from the usual struggle.

Carol: You are rocking it, baby!

Vortex: that is a good way to handle the airplane seatbelt situation.

Barb: I lurve the zucchini lasagna! This week I made lasagna with whole wheat noodles. It was loaded with veggies but the calorie count per portion was a little higher than I would like. I'm going back to the zucchini next time.

Walrus: You hang in there with the Midwest eating culture.

Debi: Ugh, the indigestion...why do we ever choose it?

Georgia: I love love love roast chicken. I roasting one tomorrow. Yum! One of my favorite roast chicken preparations is with garlic, lemon, and thyme or rosemary.

Heather: Welcome back!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #18  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Oh My! I can't believe it's already been over 2 weeks since I posted. I think I have a computer at home again - power supply issues resolved - so hopefully I'll be here more.

TIPPERS - the horse activity calories list was cool, but I had to wonder how many cals the horse was burning.

The new horse has been doing great... right up until she started passing out just standing on the cross ties. She went thru at least 4 cycles of eyes closing & front end just collapsing to startling and leaping up and then collapsing again in a matter of seconds. I have NO idea what's going on, but have to speak to the vet.

Went back to TOPS and 2 of my friends joined last night also. I'm down 2.5 for the week. Today I'd almost kill for a cinnamon sugar fried cake donut, but I made it past all the donut shops on the way to work, so I'm safe now. I'll have a prune instead.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #19  

letstry Have a great time walking walking walking with your friends

val -- be strong among those donuts. They look friendly, but they mean to do you harm!!

I had a better day yesterday eating and exercise. Today is a late Chinese dinner, however. Give me strength.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #20  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

If you look to the left of your screen, you'll notice that my current weight says 308. I tend to hurry and write those sorts of numbers down, the new low, and then promptly ignore it because in the next moment, the scale will bounce back up again. I've been bouncing between 311 and 320 for weeks.

This morning my scale says 308 again. Hello 308, nice to see you again. It would be nice if I could fly past you and not see you ever again...don't take it personally.

I know that this is due to the diuretic the doctor has put me on to manage blood pressure. I'm reading more about it now. I wish there was a resource at the doctor's office, when the patient is being prescribed something, so that we can look things up and intelligently discuss the medication(s) we're going to be prescribed.

So, I'm feeling very good today. I really feel like getting out and doing something! Sitting at the computer all day is NOT on my list.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Letstry - have a great time! I know there will be family stresses but enjoy your trip.

Georgia - great job - keep up the good work!

I'm ready for the weekend - glad today is my Friday. For the past two years I have abstained from eating anything brought in at work. Today I allowed myself two small pieces of thin crust pizza - counted the calories - and on down the road I go. No derailment into a rest of the day binge or anything. I'm not comfortable enough to say I will do this each time - but today it worked!

Have a great afternoon all - especially the lurkers.

Carol
Old 09-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning
I have the day off today, going with hubby for his follow up after the heart cath. We should find out more about coumdin and how long he will be on it and also who will be over it.
Today will include lunch out and hubby has redlobster on his mind. My plan is to make good choices. I am so ready for the food occasions to be over for awhile and get focused on getting weight off.
Scales are not moving ...but at least they havent gone up anymore.

Carol- way to go on not bingeing. Its so easy to let it happen!! I have had to many binge days lately!!

geo_ great weight loss..keep it up girl!!

heather_ glad you had a good minivacation!

lets- have great time and count that walking..its exercise!

Val- great job passing the doughnut shop!! Prunes do taste good..but I learned to be careful with how many you eat!! Plus they sure add up in calories fast!!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #23  

Georgia -- A resource at the docs is a great idea! I hope you can say goodbye to all the 300s soon!!

Carol - I sometimes think my slide/weight gain reallyl took off when I realized that one cookie/brownie/piece of pizza wouldn't ruin everything. Enjoy the pizza -- life with no pizza again is not worth it to me -- but don't let it call to you too often like I did! It is devilish and gets in your head!

Debbie -- Good luck at the docs AND at lunch!

I had a good day yesterday. Walked to and from work thinking we were going to Chinese for dinner. We ended up at Italian and I made decent choices.

I'm going out of town tonight on a work related event -- an orientation for our incoming honors' students. I'll be back tomorrow! I think I'll be okay there-- will try to go on a hike.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #24  

I made it through the day yesterday - keeping the work pizza as my only step out of the box. It wasn't the pizza that was the problem it was that first bite of work food - I truly wasn't sure if I could handle it without sending me in to a tailspin. It worked out great yesterday but won't be doing it very often. Ended up with a great hour long water workout and fish and steamed cauliflower for dinner (one of my favs).

This morning I picked up an extra water class at 630 and I have a session tonight with my trainer. She also taught the water class this morning - her surprise and happiness at seeing me do more has put an ear to ear grin on me. Funny how I thought - ok - I'll pick up an extra class - no big deal. Seeing how proud she was reminds me I'm still such a people pleaser. I really wanted to stay for another hour but hadn't thought about any nourishment before working out - headache ensued.

Heather - have a nice time. Sounds like there can be some time for YOU too. A hike sounds nice.

Debbie - enjoy the day - good luck with the drs. You'll do great with your choices.

Time to get a few things done around here. Where's all the energy from a few weeks ago?????

Last edited by gggirls; 09-04-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #25  
Renaissance Woman

Just got back from my bi-monthly trip to Trader Joe's. Jeez! I am such a food junkie! I had to put things back because it's far too easy for me to go over the top while I'm shopping there. I think the soy allergy is going to be helpful, because so many things that I picked up to put in my cart, stuff I always like to get there (like the pot stickers, the turkey meatballs and the mandarin orange chicken) have soy in them. Yes, I know the boys could eat it instead of me, but if I cook it and I smell it, I'm going to want it!

I found some free range organic chicken at Trader Joe's, and found more at another nearby market. I bought them, just to try them out. I had some Foster Farms chicken the other night and felt a little lethargic and achy afterwards, so I know they feed their chickens with feed that includes soy. I just discovered that one of the chickens I bought is raised on organic corn and soy in a free-range field. I'll try that one and see if I can tolerate it. If not, then I need to find chicken that is raised soy free. Yeah, good luck with that!

I seem to tolerate the Trader Joe's cage-free chicken eggs, so I'm hoping the free-range chicken from there is also good for me. I also found their mayonnaise to be free from soybean oil. I had some Best Foods mayo at lunch, then looked at the label...oh, silly me. Now it's nap time!

Carol, I'm envious of your water workouts. I'm going to look into those. When I lived in Kuwait, we had a good class everyday at the community pool, and I was really worn out afterward. The roughest part was getting out of the pool. But when I was in the pool, I recall having a great time and my joints felt young!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #26  

Height: 5'11"

Hi all:

I'm back! Struggling to catch up at work, etc., etc., but my husband's feeling better, and it looks like I didn't get what he had

I don't get stress cravings very often, but I'm having a strong one today -- pizza! PIZZAAAAAA! Fortunately, it's Friday, which is the last day of the week for me, and I don't have any calories for it, so no go there, and in addition, thanks to the Midwestern gorging (one good meal and one great [!!!] meal the whole week long...sigh...), I actually KNOW I don't want pizza. Now if only I could translate that knowledge to my anxiety center, which is being loud and demanding! Thank goodness we have the long weekend! Hopefully it will be long enough for me to get caught up

to all!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #27  

Height: 5'11"

Default And the week continues...tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow

Ok, I admit, I did give in some tonight -- no pizza, but cheese, chips and salsa, and really, really good crackers. No regrets -- still ate only a reasonable number of calories for the day, though for the week...well. I'm feeling pretty perky, though, and happy to basically be back on track...yay! Now if only I can keep up the level of walking I was doing on vacation, I'll be a happy bunny!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #28  

Terri - we just signed up for the Memory Walk for Alzheimers at Corporate Woods - wanna join us - it's a free, non-competitive event. Let me know if you're interested - I'll have our team captain send you an invite.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Work has been totally kicking my butt. Way too many hours, way too many problems, it's just overwhelming. But it is a 3 day weekend (woohoo). What does that mean? I am not working today at all. I will work a full day tomorrow, and hopefully I will only need to work a few hours Monday. One full day off is more than I have had off since late in July. So I will happily take it. I went an bought some mums and planted them in pots in the front. Then went to Hobby Lobby and bought fake gourds and pumpkins and put them around the mums. Also went to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy some yummy smelling fall candles. Now we are watching the Notre Dame football game (my deeply Catholic husband loves them). Then we are off to go look for some Halloween costumes (really most likely getting some walking in). Tonight we will have grill roasted potatoes and 93% lean ground beef burgers. I am not getting all the exercise I was getting in, but my eating has gotten better.

Other good news...my niece does NOT have throat cancer. They have more testing to do, but it's not cancer. That is good news!! We are pondering trying to squeeze in a trip to my folks as a surprise around Thanksgiving. I need to see my dad is doing ok.

Enough blabbing about me.

Talk to you all later,

Angie
Old 09-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #30  
Renaissance Woman

Hi girls, just checking in for the day. It's Saturday, older son has a head cold, younger son is bored because he's not allowed to do any gaming (a punitive measure for bad, bad grades), my niece is visiting and she's bored (11 and girlie and of no interest to her cousins), and I'm tired from cooking all morning. I've cleaned the kitchen three times today! Making appetizers for a party next weekend.

Angie, I'm so glad your niece doesn't have throat cancer. How frightening! Whatever it is that is affecting her, I hope its something easily remedied!

I weighed myself again today...306! So that's down another two pounds. But I know it's the diuretic, because I'm still eating around 1800 to 2000 calories a day and not exercising. So it doesn't feel like I earned it, you know? But then there were all those months of being so tight with my eating and exercise and I didn't lose an ounce, or I gained, so perhaps I should just get over myself?

If tomorrow morning the scale says I weigh less than 305, I'll force myself to be happy. And if later in the week I drop below 300 lbs, I'm sure I'll cry and post something ridiculously effervescent and upbeat here.

Have a lovely long weekend!
Closed Thread