Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1223

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #2  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

OOOOOHHHHHHH I hate summer colds!!!!! I thought I was done with it and last I had the worst sleep of my life!!!! I couldn't lay down because of all the congestion in my chest decided to break up! So I decided to sleep in the recliner, well NOT A GOOD IDEA!!! The pugs had to sleep with me on it and they were up and down (they couldn't make up their minds UGH)!!! Then my black pug (Pugsy), was panting because of my body heat so I decided to move back into the bedroom. The coughing and hacking continued!!! I feel better but still coughing a bit (but not as bad as last night).

Had a good day yesterday, went for supper and coffee with a friend (I'm so addicted to the Starbucks "iced coffee with non-fat milk"). For the Venti (large), its only 3 points!!! Plus, its cheaper in cost than the fancier drinks

Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm hoping for at least a loss. Because of this cold my weekend was shot for exercising...although I did stay OP.

For today...I have to work BUT during my breaks and after work I plan to cut the grass (darn Kentucky blue grass in my backyard, its soft and beautiful but grows way too fast), possibly go to the gym and make a stir fry for supper (my dad gave me tons of veggies from the garden that I should use up before they go bad). I was thinking of making a big one so I can freeze some in single servings for those nights I'm just too tired to cook.

Well thats it for me chickies! Happy Monday!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #3  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Rena, sorry to hear that you have a cold! I know about summer colds all too well. It is great to hear that you have set your goals for today, despite of having been not feeling well. Wow, cutting the grass AND working out?! LOL usually when I cut the grass that IS my work out! Good for you. Making a big stir fry sounds like a great idea, as long as you do bag up the extras for later on. See portion control is one of the things that I have to work on. I'll make a big pot of something delicious and have EVERY intention of portioning it out for the week, and then I somehow slowly but surely end up eating it all. I need some tips on how to not do that. Well off to work I go! Have a great day Rena, Heather, and anyone else that may be reading. No matter what happens today, WE CAN do it. WE DESERVE to do it!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #4  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Gosh it seems like I've been gone awhile. I just seem to slow down when it gets hot. Trying to get out of the house, and yet still get my summer sewing done before school starts. I've been doing okay diet wise the last week, and I guess I'm afraid talking about it, I'll jinx myself.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #5  
Reclaiming control!

Hi Catherine,

you won't jinx yourself my dear. Talking about it may be just what you need, a reminder that you have a goal to do well on your diet, and knowing that the tongue is powerful, you can speak confidence KNOWING that you CAN do it!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #6  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Ayah - The easiest way I find doing portion control is using those plastic containers that have the cup size on the bottom. So for my stirfry tonight I will use 2 cup containers (that are freezer safe). I also figure out the total points used (I use tons of veggies-zero points baby!!!) then divide by the amount of containers I have. This way I won't have to weigh/measure etc when it comes time to warm it and eat it! As for portioning cereal, I measure all the cereal into ziploc baggies so when I want cereal in the morning I take one bag, measure my milk add fruit and voila!!! I try to make things as easy as possible for myself. I'm very lazy when it come to preparing food. For the first couple of months on plan I was eating lean cuisine pizzas and sandwiches and microwave soups...BAD CHOICE for me!!! I couldn't understand why my cankles weren't going down when it finally dawned on me that it was the sodium in those pre-packaged foods. I try to avoid them BUT I always have one or two on hand for those really busy (or really lazy days). Hope this makes sense lol.

Catherine- Ooooh, summer sewing!!! I love sewing but for me its more of a winter thing (even though I haven't really sewn anything lol). You must be an awesome seamstress!!! Good luck get over these hot dawg days of summer!!!

As for me today so far, its way too hot to mow the lawn so I might have to leave it till later on this evening. In Winnipeg we are finally getting summer weather!! But deep down I was enjoying the cooler weather...

Later chickies!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, my name is Heather and I would like to join your forum i have been a lurker for a few years but just this past weekend finally signed up and I want to start posting cause i need all the support that i can get. My weigh in's are generally on fridays but last friday wasnt good becasue of TOM but i have been exercising everyday and i got on the scale this morning and it said that i have lost a little over 2 lbs but i cant make it official until my weigh in friday but im hoping to be able to maybe lose another 1 or 2 before friday so that i can make up for not losing very much last week but so far so good even if i only end up with 2 lbs i would be happy with that!

Its muggy and hot here today just gonna probably make some chicken and vegetables for dinner or something.

Well, hope you are all having a good day today!

Heather
Old 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #8  
Reclaiming control!

Rena, those are GREAT tips!! Thanks. Hi Heather! Today was the first day that I posted to this support group forum here. Your 2 lbs loss is great... when your weigh-in comes on Friday I hope that you have that additional loss that you are looking for! It is great that even though your last weigh-in wasn't what you had hoped, you did not let that stop you from pressing hard this week. You go girl!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #9  

Thanks mybodyisatemple! I figure that even if i make a mistake or have a bad week the best think to do is just keep focusing and push forward and try hard the next day or next week whichever the case may be.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Goodness...dragging myself out of bed is hard. I don't know if it is hard for everyone out there, but it is for me. I guess I'm not a morning person. To be honest, I would rather be all alone in the mornings enjoying nature, but this morning I dragged myself out of bed to go for my morning walk. Enjoyed nature, yes, but it is mucky, sticky, and ewwy outside lol.

So, I just got back and am catching up on emails and blah blah. You know the morning junk, going to take a shower in a few.

I think TOM is right around the corner, which is odd as I'm early, but I know I go with my BC pills now. So, when the pack is nearing the end I start. The thing is I THINK I'm feeling symptoms. I've become unusually quiet since yesterday, which freaks out my boyfriend lol, and he says I breath through my nose more. I also have the bloating, swelling ,and other junk...I think cramping, but you know it is so early that I'm not sure lol. Maybe that makes sense.

I hope everyone is well! *HUGS*
Old 08-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

jacquie: I am a morning person!!!! I always have been. While most of my teenage friends slept til noon, I was always up by 7am and ready for the day LOL. Sorry about the problems with the BC. I tried it for a few years and could not handle it.

Heather: Welcome to the group! The ladies here are so wonderful. They will comfort you when ya need it and give ya a swift kick in the butt when ya need that too!

Ayah: welcome!!!!!!! This is a great place!

Catherine: what summer sewing? What ya working on??

As for me: Yesterday was the longest day at work ever! CLients were soo..impatient!! I am going to try and post pics of the quilt I am working on over in the pics post. The fiber I am adding to my diet seems to be working pretty well. Let's hope the Hemmeroids go away!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #12  
Failure is not an option.

Hi ladies! I will be joining the 300+ ladies. I'm new here, so I'm looking around now trying to find a groove. I look forward to being a great support on here and being supported through all of our journeys.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Cyn-I'm trying to get everything done that I need for winter. Himself needs a new coat, I need some heavier weight pants, new balaclava (mine have built in headphones), a pair of convertible mittens/gloves with a flip top, general mending, a case to clip on my backpack strap to hold a 3X5 notebook, and a padded case for my new netbook. I'm done with the notebook case, and half done with the netbook case, mittens, and balaclava, cut out but not sewn. I'm also thinking about making some gaiters. I need a new swimsuit for when my water aerobics classes start again in September. We both need new robes too. Things just seem to accumulate.

My new meds seem to have really made a difference. Anti-depressants always scare me because they have cause weight gain in the past. This is a new one, therefore expensive, but it doesn't cause weight gain. I've since found out that one of the off-label uses that it is being used for right now is for binge eating issues for Bulimics. I haven't had a binge since starting the med, and I guess now, maybe that's why. I just feel so much more like my old self, that I'm spending all my time re-discovering things that I have let fall away over the years.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Happy Tuesday everyone !

RyRy and Heather

Jacquie .. I'm not a morning person either really ! Hubby says I'm not a night person either lol

Any of you gals doing SB??
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #15  

Today was a good day i pushed myself to do my workout this morning though i didnt really feel like it but i felt better afterward and tonight for dinner i did very well calorie wise my husband and i went to subway and got $2 6" subs and i got the meatball marinara and i got it on 9 grain honey oat bread it was very good so today was a very good day calorie wise and tomorrow will be too because i will be buring ALOT of calories tomorrow cause im gonna work out plus we have alot of yard work to do cause one of our tree limbs i think got struck by lightning a couple of days ago in the backyard and it was laying on an electrical wire so the electrical company had to come out and cut the tree limb down but they dont haul any of it away so we have to spend the day tomorrow cutting it up and putting it in lawn bags to put out for pickup on thursday so i will burning lots of calories tomorrow! Sorry to ramble!

Cyn-sometimes i need the comfort but more times than not i need the swift kick in the butt!

Ryry-Hi! welcome to the group im new here also!

Jacquie-Sometimes im not much of a morning person either but even though im unemployed i still find myself out of bed before 9am!

Hope everyone has a great night if there was anyone that i missed i apologize please dont take it personal cause im just getting the hang of this! LOL
Closed Thread