Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #466  

Good Morning I got to sleep an hour longer dont have t o be at work till 6 am .... :-)
My positive is that I was aware of the mindless eatting last night had a very good evening .

With today being Saturday we will be so busy at work it will go fast and I enjoy my job so it will be enjoyment also ..

I tired another Hungrey Girl recipe last night it was very good .. :-)
I think I will go and purchase her other book today if I can find it ..
Hope everyone has a great Saturday .. Enjoy today for it is a gift to each of us .... :-) Oatmeal
Old 09-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #467  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-12-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #468  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Oh my I lost my post, so here is the do over.

Oatmeal,

You are such a ball of positivenss and I thank you for finding your way here to us. I love to find the positive in everything and everybody and you find all the you can. You are such and inspiration and I am sucking it all up.
Tell me all about this Hungry Girl book and who it is by, I think I would like to have one to call my own. Now have a joyous and a blessed day, some how I already know that you will.

Hugs, love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-12-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #469  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Now I feel better, Learn I thought you had not posted this morning, and my stomach got all quizzy and then........I backed up a page and there you were in all your glory, YOU KNOW YOU ARE THE GATEKEEPER!!!! Okay, okay, I am better now.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #470  

Ags, your silly!
Old 09-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 363/349/185

Height: 5'10"

Hey guys...been a good week so far. I managed to stick to my "plan" for the most part this week. Had moments of weakness Friday at work and ate more than I should, but once I logged my calories, I realized I didn't do so bad. I've lost 14 pounds and been to the gym 2x. So woo-hoo!!

It feels good to be proactive again. :-)
Old 09-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #472  

Quote:
Originally Posted by true2me View Post
Hey guys...been a good week so far. I managed to stick to my "plan" for the most part this week. Had moments of weakness Friday at work and ate more than I should, but once I logged my calories, I realized I didn't do so bad. I've lost 14 pounds and been to the gym 2x. So woo-hoo!!

It feels good to be proactive again. :-)
Way to go, True!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

HotWings -- hope you recovered from being so tired, and hope your babies got to bed before 1 a.m. so you could get some much needed sleep. You sound like a fun mom!

Learn -- I remember 9/11/01 well also. I kept watching those planes crash into the twin towers and the towers collapsing over and over and over again. I don’t know if you remember, but shortly afterward the anthrax started getting mailed to people and at the time, people thought it was a continuation of the terror started in NYC. I’m glad you made it home safely that terrible day.

Hi Oatmeal -- what is it you do that you have to get to work so early?

True2Me ... wow, what a great week you’ve had! Did you lose 14 lbs in a week? And you went to the gym 2x, that’s so great.
So I’m taking a little break from working on my taxes (yes, I filed an extension!). One of the reasons I haven’t left for NY yet is I have decided I MUST this info out to the accountant before I leave! So, that’s my first positive today -- I’m positive I will get these things done tonght (I hope, LOL).

My second positive is I swam 50 minutes of laps again at the pool this morning.

My not-so-good thing is I bought a bucket of the new grilled chicken from KFC. I got only green beans for the side dishes, and told them to keep the biscuits -- so-far-so-good, right?

But, now I have way too much chicken in the house and I want to eat it all. I have had 4 pieces today, two for lunch, and two for a snack. Every time I have a piece, I plug it into my CalorieKing software and see where I am with the day. I’m still okay with the calories, and I think I’ll be okay at the end of the day.

But I realize now that I cannot have food in the house that calls my name ... who knew grilled chicken would do that??? Anyway, I guess coming to this realization is a positive of sorts (maybe). Why I am like this, I do not know, wish I wasn’t.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #474  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Girls, what is the deal today? The house across the street (big older house that used to have an elderly couple living there) had an auction at their house today. Every single thing from in that house was sold - antiques, cool retro stuff.. geez I don't think they ever threw anything away. Anyway, I was over there with the kids and it was time to get them a snack - the auction company had a little lunch wagon type thing there. So I go over there, and with barely a second thought, buy 3 candy bars. One for each of us. Even before I didn't usually want any kind of candy bar??? My mind was on not missing an item that was coming up on auction, but as I handed them out I thought.. what in the h-e-double toothpicks am I doing??? THEN, I stood there and ate the stupid candy bar. What the??? Man, I think I totally lost it for those 10 or so minutes. I'm not over on my cals today, but it sucks that I am having to compensate tonight for something sooo completely stupid. 260 cals for a dumb candy bar.

CJ: I cannot have leftovers of any kind in the house. We never take leftovers home anymore. It's too tempting. Especially if it is leftover pizza! I totally suck at keeping out of cold pizza in the fridge. I think KFC would be the same way for me - really any kind of restaurant food leftovers.

Oatmeal: Hungry Girl rocks!! You can also get a lot of recipes on her website: http://www.hungry-girl.com/ - under Chew the Right Thing.

true: 14 lbs down!!! YES! Keep it goin!

For me: This week has been good to me - I have lost 4 more pounds!!! That officially takes me out of the 320s. I'm coming to get you, Twosville! Even though I had a candy bar today, I am still not over on my cals - another positive. However, I feel like I need to yank myself back into shape after that little fiasco. I will be spending more time with Mr. Venuto & his book tonight!

Rock it, girls!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #475  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey there once again baby dolls,

Congrats to all on all of your accomplishments this week and today. You ladies are all so wonderful!!!!!

True, great job on staying on plan for the week and it really paid off. 14 big ones is amazing. You work it girl, you are on fire!!!

Cj, you have got to be the most focused person I know, and what a positive that is. I know you have those taxes under thumb by this evening, why? Becasue you do not quit. Npw I am sooo jealous of 50 minutes in the pool, I so wish I had one in my back yard, so that way no one else could see me. I know, I know, I am working that issue. Remember two new swimsuits and have not had either one on as of yet> WOW...Now on to the chicken, you did very well with that, Did you save me any???? Yes, certain things do call your name, I have way tooooo many. You on the other hand, you have things in order, they called but you did not answer. WTG!!!!

Hootie, you are on fire, a blaze, a melting down those pounds. YOU ROCK!!!! So do not worry one little bit about that candy bar, it will be a thing of the past by tomorrow. Enjoy your book.

My positive for the day is........I have been trying to just relax, Friday was not good to me or my legs, but God is good to me all the time, I am listening to Him and taking care of me for the weekend.

Alright little darlings, have a peaceful and restfull slumber, and many sweet dreams. I will see you again tomorrow.

Hugs, love, and many blessings,
Ags

PS Oatmeal, all of my friends call me Ags or Aggie, so get with the program friend. I ain't got nothing but love for you baby.

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-12-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 AM   #476  

Good Sunday Morning Ladies,
I don't know about you all, but I'm getting worried with this low attendance we have here lately. I sure miss all you M.I.A.'s and wish you would get your fannies back here real soon.
Let me get to the personal part here.

Oat- I hope your saturday at work went fast like you expected. Nothing worse than a day at work that just drags and drags on for what seems like forever.

True- Again, Way to go!!!

CJ- 50 minutes in the pool swimming, AWESOME!!!

HotWings- 4 Pounds! Awesome job.

Ags- So sorry friday was a bad legs day. I hope you got plenty of R-n-R yesterday. I'll see ya in church!

As for me...
Stayed as busy as my old back would allow. Stayed on plan for the most part. I realized that I'm getting real board with what I'm eating lately, so I'm gonna have to revamp my menu for my next trip to the grocery store. I did make crock pot chicken yesterday and it was very good. I don't know why I don't use that ole crock pot more often! Or as I really call it the ole crotch pot!

Well ladies, that is enough for now. I hope everyone has a blessed sunday and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Old 09-13-2009, 05:44 AM   #477  

Yes it is finally Sunday and it happens to be my Friday !! :-) :-)
It has been one long busy week .. So glad to see your up and about early this morning Learn :-) !! Nice to know I am not the only one up at this hour!!
There are so many postives in my life each day .. Yesterday was a great day on program the key to a great day on program is planning for me. After work today I am going to sit down and figure out my menue for this next week so I can get to tthe store .....

Ag.. I hope you have a great Sunday today!!

Hotwings ... Doesn't it feel great when our success decides to show up on the scales .. Stay focused adn you will see your success show up in many other ways !!

True... Its great to have a gym to beable to use good way to have some fun and reap the benefits of it! Have a great weekend!!

Today is a gift so lets all get the most out of our gift !!

My Postivie is .... That I do have a healthy food program that I am in control of instead of the food being in control... That is such a great accomplishment for me .... I know I will always have food issues but Fodd does not have to have to be the control factor... I am so blessed !!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #478  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Just dropping in to say hi to everyone. Looks like everyone is doing good. I hope that trend continues.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #479  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning, good morning,

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood,

Is it just my imagination, or is this really Shia that I see!!!! Oh my stars, it is my darling that I have been a missing for waaaayyyyy to long. I am sooooo happy to see you and please please come back very very soon. You help to make my days so special. I love you and I hope that you know it.

Oatmeal, enjoy your blessed day off. FOr some reason, I all ready know that you will.

Good morning Learn,
Let's start to look at this as our glass being half full and not half empty. I am thankful today for those that are here and thankful as well for those who want to be here, a just as thankful for those who come and read and get inspiration, encouragement, a smile, motivation, and a spirit of just belonging.
Learn great job on all you did accomplish, and yeah baby, mixing it up keeps it all new. So do you thing at the grocery store. Got a pizza reciepe I am sending to you, so be on the look out.

Above all remember, no matter what we have or don't have, we are truly blessed.

My positive for the day is.............Church was fantastic, I learned all about Identity theft, how Satan wants to steal my identity and give me one of his, But God and I will not let Him. I am a child of God and that's all I have to say about that. Bold, a conqueror, the head and not the tail and on and on and on. I am a child of the King, now it is time to let it show.

Ladies will check back in a little later, until the, hugs, love and many blessings conmming your way.

Love ya,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-13-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Hotwings -- the candy bar story was funny. Not to you, I’m sure, but I can see how easy it is to do something mindlessly. Congrats for being able to work it into your calories. And WOW-WOW-WOW on your weight loss!

I’ve cut my calories back this week because I’ve been on a little plateau. I went up a little bit, and now I’m back down again. I hope the scale will be good to me tomorrow. I did well today on the calories, but I ate those green beans from KFC. They don’t have many calories and no fat, but OH MY do they have sodium! Oh well, wash it away. Why is it that restaurants put so much salt in stuff...and why doesn’t it taste salty?

Ags -- you said I was focused, and I don’t really know why you think that because I’m not. The taxes did NOT get done (in fact, they’re not even done tonight, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be finishing them up tomorrow morning!)

I love to swim, so the 50 minutes of laps is fun for me. My only problem with lap swimming is getting my hair wet, and it’s kinda long and I usually take too long messing around with it afterward.

I do wish you weren’t so self-conscious about going to the pool because either water exercise or swimming is great for heavier people because the water supports you. With your bad legs, I think it would really be especially good. But I understand. Everyone has to do things in their own time. It’s kinda funny to me that it doesn’t bother me at all to go to the public pool or even to walk down the street in my bathing suit. Once you get into the pool, no one can see you anyway.

Hi Learn -- did you know that crock-pots are making a comeback? Oprah Magazine just had a write-up on it, made me want to run out and buy one. Great job on the crock-pot chicken.

Oatmeal -- it sounds like your food program is one you can stick to! Good for you! Hope you had a nice day on your day off.

Shia -- so good to see you! Hope you and your wonderful son are doing well, and that you're happy.

My positive -- well, I did another 50 minutres of swimming laps. I’ve stayed under my calories for the day. And my tax preparation is *almost* done, LOL.
Closed Thread