Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #451  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello ladies!

Just a quick stop in to say I havent forgotten about you all!

I havent been keeping very well the past week, its a struggle with a busy toddler that doesnt let you rest!

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 AM   #452  

I know we are all in different time zones and our days start at many different times from each other .. My day normally starts very early and I always allow some time for myself at the computer first thing in the morning so here I am ..
I am always encouraged to to read everyones posts and sense the friendship that yall have created here ..
* My positive for today is I slept well and work up expecting a good day ... I know for me my Atittude plays such a big part in my Success of my day even in the little things .. One of the biggest things I have learned along my journey to my healthier life style is to take 2 steps back and take 5 deep breaths if I a m getting stressed or discouraged .. Doing this has truly be a life savoir for me gives me time to destress and regain a positive feeling ..
Today when I get home from work I plan to cook a new recipe from my new cook book Hungrey Girl 200 under 200 by Lisa Lillien .. Was wondering if anyone has used her recipes before ?
I love to cook so making sure that I use good healthy ways is very important to me .
Well its time to put the shoes on and head out the door .. I hope everyone has a Blessed day .... Hugs of encouragements sent to each of you .. Life is what we make it so lets make good choices and choose to be good to ourselves today !! Catch yall tonight !!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 AM   #453  

Good Morning Ladies,
Well It looks like Oatmeal beat me to it this morning. That's alright though, because I was about to call in sick. I am gonna skip personals and maybe catch up on those later. My back is just screaming at me and sitting in my old hard wooden computer chair is killing me this morning.
I had a great day P.O.P. day yesterday. It was my DH birthday, so I took him to Olive Garden for dinner. I had lots and lots of salad and 1 breadstick. Best part of the dinner was being waited on.
I haven't exercised in a few days because my back and neck have been bothering me so much that going up and down the pool ladder is difficult. Today don't look to promising either, but we'll see. One day at a time.
That's it for me girls and I hope everyone has a great day.

Oatmeal, thank you so much for opening the show for me this morning.

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 306/SEE TICKER/140

Height: 5'3''

Hi all

My postive for today: I received information on someone that can help me get my son into very good but way less expensive college.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #455  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello dollies,

It is raining here but all is well and it is still a beautiful, I am just greatfull to be alive.

Well hello Oatmeal, you had the honours of the kick-off this morning!!!! Hope you have a fantastic day at work.

Learn, that is slow my love and take care of you. Be good to your back and it will be good to you.

Sara, so happy you poked your head in, take care of that very busy toddler.

CJ, Mali is 9 months old and he keeps all of us very busy and on our toes. He has just discovered his shadow. Sooooo funny.

sylv, here is a big shout out to you for being here with us. Congrats on your positive, we all need to find ways to cut back, but you found a great one that does not jeopardize his education. Way to go!!! When I get home this evening I will you the proper welcome you deserve. Until then, WELCOME WELCOME and WELCOME!!!!!!

Check you darlings later, it is back to work for me.

Hugs, love, and as always many blessings,
AGs
Old 09-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ags -- thanks for the nice “atta girl” about my cooking. I still eat a lot of easy stuff like salads, but I am cooking so much more, I’m amazing even myself. However, I’m still a little intimidated, but I like it and think it really helps to eat “real” food instead of fast food or frozen and canned stuff.

HotWings
-- love your blog, and in particular your goals, thanks for sharing. I learn so much from other people. I’m anxious to read the new Venuto book.

Sara! I was just wondering where you were. So glad you were able to pop in . So your little boy is an active lad and doesn’t let mommy rest. Ah, before you know it he will be all grown and going to school. It goes by in a flash.

Hi Oatmeal -- so glad you’re becoming a “regular” on our positive thread . I will have to look at the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook. Do you like it?

Ahhhhh, Learn, I’m so sorry about your back . Maybe you should be doing some type of physical therapy, have you asked your doctor about that? I think I mentioned I was in a car accident last year, and physical therapy (and my darn personal trainer, God love him) have helped my back
tremendously.

Sylv -- Welcome Welcome to our positive thread. And what a GREAT positive you posted for your first one, working to get your son into a good but less expensive college. My brother has 3 in college all at the same time!!! And one wants to be a psychiatrist so he'll be in school for like 72 years, LOL. It’s hard for me to believe the cost of it nowadays.
My positive --
Well, I took HotWings lead and wrote out some more goals for myself, both short and long term. I’m going to read them twice a day, morning and night, so my unconscious mind will start to put them on autopilot so they come true.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #457  

CJ ... I love the Hungrey girl cook book and this fall she will put out her 3rd recipe book... I love to cook and the recipes are simple ...
A very good friend of my online support gave me the cook book as a gift .. :-)

I didnt mean to steal someones opening act this morning.. I just get up so early to head off to work thought I would post .. I benefit from posting its my way of being accountable to my journey ..
I had many positives today ..My boss called in and I had to step up to the plate and do his job today .. I did a good job thanks to some good training ....

Color... we had a short rain this afternoon Looking at radar looks like there may be storms rolling in tonight .. I am grateful for the rain we sure need it ...

SLYV .. Wow thats a wonderful Positive .. We all need every savings we can get in this day and age ..

Learn I hope you had a great day .. Seems life go by faster every day . We all need to stop and smell the roses before they wither up ..
Ya'll have such cute littel dancing veggies and little graphics .. I luv them !!
Have a blessed evening I am headed to bed 3:15 comes early ...
Old 09-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #458  

Good Friday Morning Ladies,
Well another work week has flew on by and a weekend is upon us.
It looks like some of had a real good day yesterday, so let's get to it.

Sylv- Here's a great big Welcometo you. Come on in and relax. Fill us in on all the positive things that have happened to you each day. You've come to the right place for support, motivation and enthusiasm.

Ags-Yeah! Mali is home where he belongs. That was your rainbow on your rainy day, I'll bet!

CJ- No I didn't really have an accident. A majority of my back problems is just working too hard, lifting too much heavy s**t. My neck problem is from falling down some stairs. My lower back problem is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and the Doc's pretty sure the neck is the on set of Cervical Spinal Stenosis. I exercise each day I'm able, but sometimes I just can't do it. This morning I am sitting at my computer thanks to the Vicadin I took at bedtime last night.
Hey way to go on writing some more long and short term goals for yourself. You Rock!!!

Oat- Good morning girl. Grab that cup of coffee and hit the computer first thing in the morning. Although I cheated this morning. I woke at 2:45 and settled down on the sofa for another hour and a half of sleep. That is until my butt goes numb. That sleeping upright thing does that to me every time. Anyway it's nice to have an early riser join me on 3FC, it's gets lonely here sometimes.

Sara- Sorry I missed you yesterday!

As for me I had a good day eating wise. I stayed idle with my friend the heating pad most of the day. I managed to only take one Vicadin all day and that was at bedtime. So that is why I'm here this morning.
I hope everyone has a fantastic day and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!!!

Later - Learn

Old 09-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #459  

Good Morning Learn !! Glad to see I am not the only one in the world up and at them this morning!!!
I been up for 2 hours and have gotten all my chores done for the day now I can leave for work soon...
My positive for today is that today is a new day and it will be better than yesterday ...
I really need to get more exercise in to my day ... I just am lazy some days ..
Hope everyone has agreat Friday and I will check in before bed tonight to see what all of the good stull ya'll post today!!
Live today to the fullest make every moment count !!!
Blessings and smiles sent to each of you!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:23 AM   #460  

Please Remember
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvj6zdWLUuk
Old 09-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #461  

That is one day I will never forget .. Prayers and hugs go out to all for in some way it affected all of our lives !! Thank you Learn for sharing the link ...
Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies,

Thank you ladies for the words of support and encouragement. It really helps.

Learn- I'm glad you're feeling better this morning.

Oatmeal- Good Morning!

Sylv-Way to go! I've been looking at law schools and the costs have almost made me faint,lol.

Learn-Thanks for the link. I will never forget that day. I still remember every minute of that day. My prayers go out to everyone that was affected by the tragedy.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

For some reason I was hungry all day, but I just filled up on veggies and some braised skinless, boneless chicken thighs I made yesterday so I managed to stay under my calories. Also swam laps for 50 minutes, so I'm pretty happy for today. Hope y'all are doing well.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #464  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls! I am late and TIRED! Lots of running around today. I had a good day calorie wise and things seem to be going smoothly. Although my kids are driving me crazy. lol! They said they wanted a "sleep over", which amounts to them sleeping in the same room upstairs and messing around 'til all hours. I don't really care though - the weekends are for having fun. I just hope they are asleep before 1 am. No time for sleeping in tomorrow!

I hope everyone is well - will try to get to personals tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:03 AM   #465  

Good Saturday Morning,
Well, here's the weekend! And here's the personals!

Oat- I'm the same way, exercise is not my favorite thing, but lazy is! Hey, we do what we can do, right?

Fungirl- Encouragement and support is what this place is all about. I also remember 09/11/01 minute for minute, like it was yesterday. I worked for a major credit card company and as I pulled into the parking garage at work the man on the radio said something about a plane hitting the world trade center. No biggie, no mention of terrorist attack. Got inside and at my desk, the phones were ringing off the hook as usual. Then there was complete silence. Our mgrs. asked everyone to go down stairs to the employee lounge for an impromptu meeting. As I walked in the TV's were on and it was all over the news. Aside from an occasional sniffle, there was silence. After a few minutes we were told we could go home if we needed to. I of course left work immediately. All I could think of was getting to the daycare center and holding my son. I must have pulled over 2-3 times due to crying so hard I couldn't see to drive. It was the longest 45 minute drive of my life. The rest of the day until the wee hours of the night was spent watching the news in shock. It will be a day no one will ever forget.

CJ- Hungry, hungry, hungry! I was the same way yesterday. The whole day was wishy washy for me. I am always that way on 09/11, I usually spend the day crying on and off. I think a lot of people do.

HotWings- You had your hands full yesterday! I hope you got some sleep last night!

As for me, I had an somewhat OP day yesterday. I did have a weak moment with some garlic bologna, but nothing too tragic.
I skipped the pool walking exercise yesterday, but I did do 10 minutes of solid ground walking while my dog marinated. No I wasn't preparing my pooch for the BBQ PIT or anything, I gave her a bath with a shampoo that requires her to set with the suds for 10 minutes to kill dem squatters (bugs) that may have been trying to stake a claim on her furry little a**. So my positive for yesterday is my darling Peanut is clean, clean, clean. And almost bug free. I'll have to pick more bugs off her today as I brush her out. I allow her to dry overnight and brush her out good the next day. She has that wonderful double thick labrador hair coat.

Well that's it for me this morning. I hope everyone has a great day today and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
P.S.
Ags, were are you!(I almost made it without saying anything!)

Closed Thread