3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is......Part Four (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/177669-positive-uplifting-notification-one-positive-thing-about-me-today-part-four.html)

betty grrl 08-16-2009 11:09 AM

:hug:Well he's home!!!! I'm so happy!!!

Last night we went to a bridal party meeting for my best friend. We had a blast!!! My back has let up a bit with the spasm (thank god!!). I can't wait to see the chiropractor tomorrow. I think it will go in much better!! I also had a much better sleep last night!!!

So now we are off for Dim Sum (I'm gonna try really hard to be good, opting for steamed instead of fried).

Have an awesome day girls....the old Rena is almost back!!! Whoo HOO!!!

CJZee 08-16-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty grrl (Post 2877895)
:hug:Well he's home!!!! I'm so happy!!!

:val2::val2::val2:

colormerd47 08-16-2009 08:03 PM

:hug::hug:Stunning Lovin' Diva's,:hug::hug:

What's up, NOT OUR WEIGHT!!!!!!!!;););) LOL LOL Sometimes, I just crack my ownself up!!!!:dizzy:

Learn,
What a great day you have had, POSITIVELY POSITIVE!!!!! :cheer3::cheer3: Now I have got to try that Pita Pizza, I think I will like it!!!:cheers:

Oneder,
CJ is positively right, you are a force to be reckoned with!!!!:broc::broc: What a motivator you are.... What did we ever do without you. I dunno!!!:dunno::dunno::dunno:

CJ,
Mainah is on 3fc somewhere, and I know she participates in the weight challenge section also. I will PM, and tell her to do a drive by;);). As for you Missy Ann, the Blue Funk is gone, praise Him, praise Him, my CJ is back and on track.:dancer::dancer::dancer: Hey that rhymed!! LOL LOL

Hottie,
you know they say 21 days makes a habit, well guess what you are there. Shake it mommie, shake it!!!:carrot::carrot:

Fun,
you are doing all the right things, stay with it, and work it babe.:dance::dance::dance:

Rena pooh,
YOur HONEY DEW is home, watch out, and don't hurt that back any more than what it already is!!!!:rofl::rofl: OPPPS!!!! Did I say that!!!;)

As for me,
Church was great, the message was just for me, at least that is what I thought, until I heard more than half a dozen others saying the same thing after service. LOL LOL Same problems, same issues, different people. I guess we really are all the same in some ways. HA HA HA:cheer::cheer:
Second, my Malli came home today from a visit with his other side. Boy , did we miss that little man, we all were having missing Malli attacks. But my grandson is back at home with us, where he belongs.:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Third, I am here talking tomy peeps and loving it!!!!:cofdate::cofdate::cofdate::cofdate:

Later gals,
Check in later,
Ags

Onederchic 08-16-2009 10:04 PM

That is awesome Ags that your grandson is home :D :hug:

lauralou 08-16-2009 10:34 PM

My positive for today really means a lot to me. I am loveable and beautiful even though I think sometimes that I'm not because I am fat. I have a great guy friend who loves me just the way I am. As well as other people.I am going to keep telling myself that... Even if I need to stare at my reflection in the mirror and tell myself.

HotWings 08-16-2009 10:46 PM

Fungirl: Very cool about the trainer!! Did you buy anything yummy at Trader Joes?? I am so jealous - there is no Trader Joes, Whole Foods, etc. around here.

betty: *flips the light on at betty's house* How are things going with the sweetie, girl? *nudge nudge wink wink* :lol:

Ags: So great that you have your grandson home - I bet he missed all of you, too! :yes:

Well, ladies. Another positive realization for me this evening. As per my previous post, I gave myself a free day today and found myself wanting to stay with my on plan foods. It was sort of a little test. The past few days or so, I have been thinking (I know, way early!) about how scary it will be to try to maintain and not just keep on eating to lose weight. I mean really.. I was thinking I might be totally scared of eating anything not normally OP or even more of the OP foods than I eat right now. I have seen a couple of posts in the Maintainers forum regarding this as well. So tonight, I took my kids out to eat at a local Chinese Buffet. I told myself.. "SELF.. EAT SOMETHING NOT OP. IT IS A FREE MEAL FOR YOU." Yes, I had to type in all caps because I yelled it in my mind to convince myself it was okay. http://cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/e015.gif

Anyway, I went through the buffet one time. I got smaller portions than I normally would have before at that restaurant. I got some of all my favorites. And I *enjoyed* it. I even left some on my plate. I feel absolutely no guilt (was afraid of that because of previous dieting attempts). In fact, I feel happier now than I was earlier today, because now I know I will be able to maintain just fine when I get there and that one meal off plan every great while while I am losing will be fine.

I came home.. logged each bite. Nearest I can figure is that it was a 1300 calorie meal. Total for the day: 2400 calories. To maintain at my current weight (according to my little calculator thingie) I would need 2600. I ate off plan for one meal and did NO damage.. not even mentally. I feel like hugging myself. LOL!

Please note that I am not advocating going off plan. :drill: :lol:

I just had to prove something to myself. I am stronger than food. :sumo:

HotWings 08-16-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralou (Post 2878826)
My positive for today really means a lot to me. I am loveable and beautiful even though I think sometimes that I'm not because I am fat. I have a great guy friend who loves me just the way I am. As well as other people.I am going to keep telling myself that... Even if I need to stare at my reflection in the mirror and tell myself.

YES.. you are. You are a beautiful person inside and out!! And now you are going to take care of that beautiful body by loving it with the right foods. :yes: If I missed you before... WELCOME!

nooch 08-17-2009 12:39 AM

betty - glad you had a great day!

Ags - yayyyyy for having your grandson home!

Lauralou - that is one of the most important realizations that you will ever come to - you ARE AWESOME! Never forget it :D

wings - awesome! doesn't it feel fantastic to know that you are 100% in control and that you are stronger than food? I love it!

I don't remember if I posted a positive already today or not but if I did, I'll post another - I finally learned to crochet today! I have been knitting since I was eight but have had about a bazillion aborted attempts to learn to crochet, all ending in giant knots that look like the yarn puked. All I ever heard was "but you can knit, and crochet is easier!" but it never made sense to me! Well, today I found a really awesome tutorial on youtube (thanks, bethintx!) and I CAN CROCHET! My granny square is about 12" x 12" right now and I am going to use up every bit of scrap yarn in this house (oh and is there ever scrap yarn in this house) and make the ugliest granny square blankie in the universe!

learningtoliveagain 08-17-2009 06:57 AM

Well good morning girls,
Ah, it's monday, the weekend is once again gone, gone, gone! What a wet one here in west central Florida. We had tornado warnings most of the day yesterday, but thank goodness no word of anything on the news. Let's get to the 3FC news...

One- Yes the pita pizza was divine. And what a great positive you shared with us yesterday. That is what it's all about. Getting healthy and being alive to enjoy that health. When I started my journey that was and is my main goal, to get healthy. I knew if I changed my eating habits to get healthy, the weight loss would follow. Most of the time the weight loss doesn't follow along as fast as I'd like, but that's O.K., because even though I've been kinda at a stand still on my weight loss, I know I am feeling healthier inside. I go for blood work on friday and I can't wait to see how much my cholesterol has dropped.

CJ- I agree with you, being productive does make you feel good. I was just looking at Tom Venuto's website the other day. I will go back and check out the articles you mentioned. You asked what plan I'm on, well it's no certain plan, it's just me watching everything I put in my mouth and reading labels. I started my journey on 03/08/09 and although my weight loss is not awe inspiring, it is amazing for me. I have never stuck with something this long when it came to getting healthy. I have lost 29 pounds and that comes out to a little over a pound a week. Slow and steady was what I was looking for.
I have only been to a drive-thru once since I started, when before it was a daily occurrence. I gave up soda, I'm drinking more water than I have drank in my life and most of my diet now consist of vegetables, rice and occasionally I treat myself with some rotini pasta instead of rice or even a baked potato. So no plan, just me being sensible about what I put in my body. Oh and yes I put the pita pizza's under the broiler.

HotWings- The pita bread brand I bought was Toufayan. It was the only kind they had on the shelf at Walmart. It wasn't really dry though. I sprayed some Pam olive oil spray on the pita itself before I put anything on it, that may have helped. The tortilla sounds good though I may try that because I always have them on hand.
I can't wait to see G.I. Joe, I have to rent it when it comes out on video though, my son can't handle theaters, he has Hyper-Sensitive Hearing. When in a theater it's like someone putting a bullhorn right up against his ears, very painful to him. It took him along time to learn how to deal with the noise in a school cafeteria. When ever they have a pep rally at school he goes to the office to wait it out. There is no cure for it, only learning how to deal with it.
Hey, way to go on your free day. That just proves that your in it to win it baby!!!

Fun- How was your work-out? And what is Trader Joe's I have never heard of them or him.

betty- Your sweetie is back and you got a good nights sleep. Did he have anything to do with that. That reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw on a van years ago, it read, "If the van's a rockin', don't come a knockin'" Hee hee!!!

Ags- That's what church is for, sending everyone the message. You may be in a crowded room, but the man speaks to each of you individually. I wasn't able to go to church yesterday, but as I was flipping channels at 8 am I found the coolest program and I truly feel I was meant to find it. First of all I never watch TV sunday mornings at 8 am and I usually don't watch religious programs, but this gentleman was so captivating. And he was speaking about my favorite story. The story of Joseph and his loyalty to God. With having to watch my mom deteriorate right before my eyes with Dementia and now knowing 2 people with cancer, one of which is stage 3 (not good), I have been questioning my faith in him. But he made me realize that I need to look up to the man upstairs and trust in him, be loyal to him and he will carry me through this ruff patch. The gentleman's name is Ed Young and he does have a website. I had my DH listen to him and he thoroughly enjoyed him.
How is that grandson doing? Lovin' being home with gramma Ags, I'm sure!!!

lauralou- Welcome to our thread. You got the vibes going! You are beautiful and you need to tell yourself that every time you look in the mirror. You've come to the right place for support and motivation.

nooch- I'm trying to picture you sitting in a rocking chair crocheting your little heart out. I'll bet your mixture of scrap yarn is going to make for a very interesting blanket. A one of a kind!!! We must see pictures when it's done! I'm sure it's not going to look like puke when it's done.That reminds me, years ago when I first got married and I moved into my DH's home I spent two years trying to convince him we needed new carpeting. Well finally it happend and when it was installed I finally admitted to him that for the past two years I've wanted to tell him that the original carpet looked like someone ate a bunch of green vegetables and upchucked on the floor. It was hideous greens and golds and to make matters worse it was SHAG!!! Now try and get that picture outta your head!

As for me...
I stayed on target with my eating. As I was telling Ags, I found a great program on TV yesterday at 8 am for when I can't make it to church, which is quite often lately. And we were spared the tropical storm with no reports of actual tornados touching down.

Have a great day and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn

CJZee 08-17-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralou (Post 2878826)
My positive for today really means a lot to me. I am loveable and beautiful even though I think sometimes that I'm not because I am fat ... I am going to keep telling myself that... Even if I need to stare at my reflection in the mirror and tell myself.

Embrace yourself, you are lovely. You are loveable and beautiful. You are here at 3FC because you need to hear and truly understand that you are loveable and beautiful and that you desire to lose weight.

Everyone here at 3FC is loveable and beautiful and everyone here started out being overweight. These are two different things. It is so important to separate these things in our minds.

Welcome :welcome3:Welcome to our positive thread. Posting here everyday will keep these positive things in your mind to help you on your wonderful journey that you are starting. C.J.

Onederchic 08-17-2009 08:21 AM

Good for you, Learn :cheer: :hug:

My positive today = Today is pamper me day where I do my own manicure, pedicure and deep condition my hair :D

CJZee 08-17-2009 08:55 AM

Hotwings -- you rocked your “free” day! You ate your “good” foods for breakfast and your dinner was mindful.

I think one key thing you do is log your food every day. I do this also, and it is so helpful, I even did it on my trip. You are so correct to be looking towards maintenance, as that is the hardest part of this journey ... maintaining. It is never too early to be figuring out how to manage maintenance.

That is why my recent lengthy trip was motivating for me because I continued to lose weight on it ... although I didn’t do the exercise part. So I realize now that exercise is a component I need to integrate more into my life and not be something I just do “on the side”.

Fungirl -- congrats on going to the gym. I have found it makes such a difference for me and I know you will too! Did you injure your rotator cuff? (That’s a funny term ... rotator cuff. Sounds like something you’d stick your hands in in winter to keep them warm, LOL.)

Rena -- so glad your back is getting better. What is Dim Sum? I’m always searching for healthy things at Chinese restaurants. I get the steamed broccoli and chicken sometimes, but it is soooooo bland. It’s like they somehow suck all the natural flavor right out of it.

Ags -- what was the message that spoke to you in the sermon? It sounds like it resonated with a lot of people and maybe it could help us here? Your grandson is so lucky to have you for his gramma. (What does he call you?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nooch (Post 2878966)
I have been knitting since I was eight but have had about a bazillion aborted attempts to learn to crochet, all ending in giant knots that look like the yarn puked.

Nooch -- I just love how you express yourself. It always makes me laugh when I read something like this, I can just picture the yarn puking http://www.gifmix.net/smileys/puking-smilies/3.gif haha.

Learn -- You know, we started our journey only a few days apart. I started on 3/10/09! Our weight loss is about the same, too. We are both doing fabulous. There are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic deadlines.

By the way, the first little house I bought had a shag carpet very much as you described, only it was gold and brown (not green)! I thought the carpet was very pretty at the time, LOL, how our tastes change. BTW, the house payment on my first little house was $169.20/month! I can hardly believe that! I remember after the closing I sat on that shag carpet in the living room because I had absolutely no furniture except a lamp. I started crying because it was so overwhelming and scarey to have just bought a house (I was only about 25 at the time and uncommitted). It was one of the best financial decisions I ever made, though.

My positive is that yesterday I downloaded Tom Venuto's e-book, "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" and am starting to apply his principals of positive goal setting in the present tense (example: "I am good at squats, my thighs are getting very strong.")

He says it's important NOT to use the future tense for goals because your subconscious mind only pays attention to what you are thinking is important NOW. I am also going to read my goals out-loud at least twice a day.

dgramie 08-17-2009 09:03 AM

I lost 4lbs back off my body last week even though I didnt do so great over the weekend.I can hardly wait to get back to my lowest!
hope everyone has a perfect week

betty grrl 08-17-2009 10:00 AM

Hey all,

I'm just getting ready to go to the chiropractor. My muscle spasm is finally giving way! Whoo hooo!!!!

Its so nice having my honey back at home!!! Only 3 more months till this job is done (a senoirs apt block). It will be nice when he's home for good!! You gals have been making me laugh!!! I love you all!!!

As for Dim Sum...its the worst thing to even go to when trying to stay OP. Dim Sum is usually on the weekends and they have little carts the waitresses push around with appetizers on them. You usually get 3 or 4 pieces on a plate. The steamed dumplings are always the best bet, but its so easy to get out of control. Then when you pick something they mark it on the paper on the table (sm, med, or large dish). The downfall to Dim Sum is that they have lots of deep fried dishes (that are way too tasty), and can run you a ton of points (calories)...For me, it was good yesterday because I DID eat a lot BUT not as much I used to. Plus, all my old favorites, I don't even touch anymore. I usually fill up on the steamed dumplings.

I'll try to write some personals later!!

Great work gals!!!

HotWings 08-17-2009 11:03 AM

Good Morning Luscious Ladies! http://cosgan.de/images/smilie/engel/g010.gif

nooch: I wish to see the ugliest granny square blanket in the universe when you are done! lol And yes, it is SO empowering to know I am stronger than food. *I* am in control. NOT food. Why have we let food control us for so long? We are not weak against it - food doesnt even speak - it just sits there. It's not food that is the problem, it's US. We must fix ourselves & learn strength.

learn: Way to stay on target! :yes: And I love just flipping around the TV and finding something that we know we were meant to see & hear. That is so cool. Interesting about your son - I have never heard of that before. It is good that he finds ways of coping with it!

Onederchic: Oh that sounds like such a lovely day. A "pamper me" day. I think I will add that into my "break day" on Sundays. I bet you feel awesome at the end of those days :yes:

CJ: Tom Venuto is so good at the goal setting and really knowing how to deal with the mental part of all of this. I am convinced that for the vast majority of people (and I am one of those), losing weight & maintaining is 100% mental. I would venture to say that there are not many who actually have no clue how to lose weight. It's actually DOING it - which is 100% mental. People can cite environment, stress, etc. all they want. But at the end of the day, WE are the ones who decide what to put in our mouths. The food does not "call to us" and jump in our mouth. We put it there. I firmly believe that if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to master your MIND. We may struggle some days - but what are we struggling against? It's not food.. it's our own MIND. Today I am going to look up other books about mastering my mind!

dgramie: 4 pounds!!! AWESOME! :cheer: :cheer:

betty:
Quote:

You gals have been making me laugh!!! I love you all!!!
So we make you laugh, yet we get no graphic details??? What's up with THAT. LOL! :rofl: Seriously, keep enjoying him while he is home - I know what it is like to have your honey gone for weeks/months! :yes:

Positives so far: I am OP & am getting after my cardio in about 30 minutes!

Check you all later - master your minds while I am gone http://cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/g050.gif

:dancer: