Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Confession time: When I couldn't sleep last night I went downstairs to read. For some reason I inhaled the cupboard. The kashi go lean crunch was no match for me. I completely and utterly blew it. It wasn't emotional eating. I was hungry to start, but then it was like a switch turned. I think I chose poorly and ate something sweet and carby. Perhaps veggies or fruit would have been a better choice. Or tea.

Either way. I am moving forward today. I will not let this derail everything I've done. Though it is depressing thinking I sabotaged almost a week's work in a couple of hours. I'm also not going to beat myself up for it. Though I will try to learn from it.

I plan to come back here tomorrow and report on how today went.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #32  
BELIEVE!

Heather - Today is a new day! I'm sure you are making it great!!!

Geo - Absolutely...thanks for adding me. I'll add you to mine if you don't mind. I've got to spend sometime working on the details of the site.

I just posted in the "mini-goal" section of the site and added some pics if you want to check them out.

It's a dark, stormy day here. The boys are playing in the basement and I'm going to a movie all by myself!

Chat w/ ya more later gals!

Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #33  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Oh Heather, you too get absolution!

I was talking with my girlfriend yesterday and we discussed how much we both like feeling full after we've eaten. It's comforting, but then again, it also makes me quite sluggish and sleepy. and I'm quite worthless afterwards. Conversely, in the morning, before I've eaten, I'm very much alert and full of energy. When I stick to the Medifast shakes, I don't get sluggish afterwards and my energy levels remain strong.

Where the change needs to happen is my feelings for the different energy states. I don't really love feeling sluggish after eating, but it's been there for so long that I'm accustomed to it. I need to learn to hate it. I need to learn to love, embrace and seek out the energy highs, because I get so much done when I feel like that, and I'm ready for anything. My creativity is at a peak. I really like that byproduct!

Terri, I was looking into the Fine Arts Singles. What a great organization and great idea! There isn't one in my town, so I'm thinking about starting one. I'm going to do a little more research and then see if I can work it through the city's community center. I'm sure I'll be making more connections with that soon.

I did sign up for a drawing class at the community center. It starts next month, working with charcoals. I miss drawing, so I can do something I like plus meet more people. I'm connecting some with women at the day spa I go to on occasion. And a new community monthly magazine just started last month and I decided I'm going to write some articles and submit them. Perhaps I'll start making a public name for myself and people will want to connect with me in that fashion.

I was thinking I'd go to some of the gyms in the area and do a comparison on facilities, trainers, etc. and write an article on that. Or maybe just write fitness features, instead of food and wine features.

Georgia
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I'm here. I might be pretty quiet this week. My boss is in town from Omaha this week and we have others coming from Chicago. Nose to the grindstone! Plus we're having our mid-year reviews. Something I'm not looking forward to since I've been blindsided with negative comments at review time two years in a row. I just hate working for people who can't tell you throughout the year that you didn't do something they think you should have and then they choose one thing to override everything else good that you've done. This lady is like that. So lots of anxiety this week but I'm trying not to be anxious. You all know how that goes.

I'll try to check in at night. Be good!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!! New week, new thread! Join us in the the next installment...
Closed Thread