Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Bridal shower was great - so were my food choices. I knew I had a special pumpernickel bagel waiting for me at home with some wonderful garlic rosemary turkey - good choices were made! Sweets were aplenty and not one jumped on my plate.

Angela - check in when you can. I'll be thinking of you, hoping all goes well for your mom.

Ruby - I actually thought about the NO EXCUSES statement earlier today - I also reminded myself SUCCESS IS A CHOICE - today I was successful.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 AM   #47  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Observations, insights and a little venting...

I had an off-plan day today. I didn't have any Medifast products, but I did eat less than 1400 calories today. And for me that's really surprising. Because a week ago I was struggling to get it under 2000 calories. If nothing else, the Medifast has helped me to start managing my calories better.

The boys wanted to go to IHOP, and I wrote about it all in my blog, so I won't go into the details, but afterward, I was quite full, even on less than 400 calories. That's a first! I didn't feel like eating again until well after 3 pm. I didn't feel like having any MF products because I just can't do that many sweet-tasting things in a week. I ordered some soups and I hope I like those. So far, the food is actually not bad.

After dinner tonight (cubed chicken breast chili with pinto beans, corn, tomatoes and celery in a low sodium broth) I'm feeling stuffed and sluggish. I have noticed that when I stick to the MF I feel much more alert and awake, energized throughout the day.

My decision to eat too much of my chili was emotional. Divorce stuff, money stuff, stupid ex stuff...sometimes I'm grateful to be fat and lethargic, because it prevents me from doing impulsive things like hooking up with the wrong people just because I'm lonely or bored. I think about some of the people I used to party with when I lived overseas. I think I had to be drunk to tolerate some of them, because when I was sober, I didn't much care for them.

I think its time to find some people to hang out with in person. You're all lovely and I can't even think about being without you, but I could use some interaction in real time. On Tuesday school starts for the boys. That kicks off hooking up with other parents and meeting more people. I'm freaking out about that a little. I've traveled the world. That doesn't make me special, but I have changed from the small town girl I used to be. I do find that I get REALLY BORED when I have to listen to my sister tell me about her neighbor's sister's boy, the deals she found at Safeway and how she wants to crochet baby hats to sell on eBay. What am I going to talk about with regular folks and not lapse into a catatonic state?

I'm getting edgy because my travel opportunities have ended and I'm feeling stuck in this town. When John Fogerty wrote the song about my hometown, he really knew what he was talking about! I didn't ever want to live here again, not that it's a bad town, because it's not. It's just so provincial and I don't know how to fit in just yet. I guess I'll have to manage my yearnings somehow, in a healthy way.

Georgia
Old 07-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Georgia -- Good for you with the eating! As for interaction, how about finding a group of people who share some interests in common with you? It doesn't have to be travel. I have gotten into gardening this year and am planning to attend an upcoming meeting of local gardeners to see if I like it/them. Maybe you can find a reading group, or a volunteer group... whatever! The activity will give you something to talk about! The need to be with people is a good one -- run with it!!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Way to go on the eating gg ! There are always way too many tempting things to eat at showers. It must have felt so great to have passed them all up for your healthy choices.

Georgia .. Keep up the good work! Sounds like you're doing good with your choices and plan.

As for the socializing, do you have any hobbies or interests? Like Heather said, it's being around people that share something with us in common, that make it more fun. My best memories were going out and taking classes and workshops to do with my art and hobbies. You are around people that you can talk to so easily, because you all understand each other and it's just fun. Even taking a fitness class or workshop through a community centre in your area, can put you in touch with others with common interests. Good luck!

Barb must be having a great time. Hope all is going well

I am still moving along. Kind of curious to weigh in on Monday morning after my first full week on SB phase 2. I've been doing great with it though, and getting adjusted. It's so funny how your tastes change once you start eating better and getting all that nasty stuff out of your system ! I really haven't had any cravings, and having a bit of whole grain this week didn't set off any (I was a bit worried about it).

Now, a "treat" is a bit more feta with my cut up tomato

Have a good rest of your Sunday girls !
Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 AM   #50  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I have to find new hobbies, a broader range of hobbies that other people are interested in as well. I collect textiles from all over the world, but there seems to only be quilters in my town and I really don't enjoy quilting. I read, but no one here is interested in what I'm reading. A lot of the volunteer organizations here are laying low because of the economy.

There is hope when school starts for the boys this week. I hope to volunteer at school. And I'm looking into taking some literature courses at the university in the next town. I miss being able to discuss in a classroom setting.

I don't go clubbing and I don't do organized religion, so I'm going to have to find another way to connect with a broad range of people in a non-creepy atmosphere. Any suggestions?

Georgia
Old 07-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!!

All the answers to your questions will have to be discussed in the next installment! Join us for #221!
Closed Thread