3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

Old 07-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Mission Of A Lifetime..

Height: 5'6

Default New with a long way to go...

Hi There,

I'm new to this site, currently weighing in at 313lbs ...
I really could do with the help and motivation of this site, even if it only gives me something to read in the evening times instead of raiding the fridge!

I have no excuses, I have no children to cook for and my other half will eat anything so it is only me that's stopping the weight loss.
I really need to do this, fat, ugly and frumpy is something I want to leave behind!!!

Hardest thing is, I can't see the end ... so much weight to lose, how does anyone ever get their head around it?

Anyway, that's all for now, i'll be back..

Keep smiling xx
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Welcome to our group! Support is an important element in achieving goals, and this group is really good at that task.

How fortunate for you that you don't have huge familial hindrances toward achieving your goals. but you must know by now, we are always our own worst enemy.

Don't look at the entire length of your journey to wellness, because it is overwhelming and intimidating for all of us. A lot of us choose to break up our task into smaller portions, like working on 5% of our body weight at a time. Very manageable, that. And another early step is to become accustomed to drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Lots of people here have great, healthy advice. Good luck on your journey!

Georgia

geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #3

Hi Hippo and welcome to 3FC. You've come to the right place if your looking for motivation and support. I'd like to invite over to our positive thread.
Positive Uplifting Notification Part 3: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is...
We're located here in the 300+ Club. We got a great group of people, no what I should say is we got a great group of friends that lean on and support each other on our journey to a healthier lifestyle.
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

Height: 5'7"

One day at a time. Once you take the first step, the following steps become easier. Don't think of this as a "diet" because even if you lose the weight you'll gain it back. You have to change your way of eating and exercising for live. Most of the successful weight loss members will tell you "slow and steady will win the race". If you have a bad day, don't throw in the towel!!! Just start from where you are and get back in the race. All of us began our weight loss journey on the first day.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #5

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, and I agree!! It's overwhelming to think of all of it... so, don't!! Think of small changes you can make, and do that. Then do some more.... and watch what the scale does...

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

First of all, welcome!

I personally can't wrap my head around it. I think to myself, 132 pounds oh lord that is insurmountable, that is a full grown adult.

But I can lose 10 pounds 13 times, or as I've chosen to look at it, 33 pounds 4 times.

And so can you!
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #7

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

It's been such more eloquently than I can but...................the only pound I worry about is the next ONE. If I set time/weight based goals they backfire on me (for those of your who know more about me I am currently reevaluating the September 26 goal - it's evil)

I'm also fortunate that I have a DH that will eat anything - I think he really misses fast food - coming up on the 2 year anniversary of no fast food here. As said before - baby steps.

Please post on the weekly threads - I look forward to getting to know you.

Last edited by gggirls; 07-19-2009 at 09:13 PM.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!!

I agree with the advice of mini goals because every single pound shed counts towards a healthier and happier you.

Having a lot to lose can make us give up before we even start because the journey is going to be so long, but something else I've posted about lately is how I constantly have to remind myself that the time is going to pass anyway. We can spend it losing weight so that in a year, maybe more, it will all pay off... Or, we can stay fat, curse our past selves, and wonder why we didn't change.

Keep coming back to this forum, it really does help. I've made the mistake of avoiding it when I wasn't doing well and that just helped stay me off track. It's important to know you're not alone and that it's not impossible. I truly hope to see you around.

JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #9

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

It's very hard to see the end when you have so much weight to lose and very hard to believe it's even possible. When I found this website I looked at all the before and after photos - take a look at them they are so inspiring and show that weight loss is very possible with hard work.

Keep in mind your end goal but as the others have said set many mini goals along the way. I have in mind all the time every half stone, every 5lb etc. as my mini goals so I often reach them as well as joining in with the UK weight loss challenges which also keep me motivated.

Remember it's not just about going on a diet but making life style changes which you can stick with along the way.

Yes it's a long journey - it's taken me about 13 months to get this far (didn't lose weight from September-March though due to recovering from a badly broken ankle) and I'm well aware I probably won't of lost all the weight I want to for at least another 18 months, but even then the journey's for life as then I'll need to maintain. Try not to think too much about how long it will take - any weight off is better than it being on. When I was 308lb I would of been very very happy to be the weight I am now (231lb) so just try and concentrate losing a little at a time. Even 10% weight loss makes such a big difference to health and how you feel.

Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #10
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Hip...
Welcome to 3FC. I know how it feels at the beginning. The light at the end of the tunnel seems just so far, FAR away. The amazing thing about weight loss though is even 10 pounds lost feels good. The big picture seems so overwhelming, but after a few pounds gone you WILL feel better. Each day you "do it" you wake up in the morning with a sence of power and enthusiam. It really is worth the effort. Please keep posting, even on bad days...
Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 351/351/220

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know, I understand. Make teeny tiny changes one step at a time, and watch the magic happen! You can do this!
Gigglesquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #12

Hi. Welcome!

As some of the other ladies have posted, try not to think about how much weight you have to lose - that will only become too daunting for you and you'll never win the battle and become discouraged.

Baby steps.

For me, my fitness lady suggested I set a small goal for myself - like 5% loss over a period of time or something. So I came up with 1 pound a week which would take me to the end of 2013. Seems far away but it's not and the weigh should come off slowly in order to be able to maintain your goal. 1 pound a week doesn't seem as daunting and scary as saying I need to lose 250 pounds. So far, in 9 weeks, I've lost 13.5 pounds, so already I'm ahead of my goal and that's the point. 1 pound doesn't seem so scary and anything over that in a weekly weightloss is all the more of a bonus. I've found that I'm less stressed about thinking about my weight and I don't deprive myself either. I just try to make good decisions every meal and exercise as much as I can.

Good luck to you and again, Welcome!

Dani052566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #13
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Im the past I can't tell you how many times I got discouraged and quit! Then when I think back to it, I always think if I wouldn't have quit I might have been at goal!!!!

So this time around I'm doing things a bit different. Yes, the iron maiden (the scale) can be discouraging BUT I have set a 5 % goal. When I reach that I will then go to my next goal 10 % of my starting weight. I don't even think about my ultimate goal right now.

I'm also doing the rewards thing. When you reach a certain goal like 5%. Do something for YOU! For example, go for a mani/pedi, or go to a nice salon and get a new hairdo. Or even treat yourself to a massage.

When I reach my 10% goal (36lbs), I'm buying a Wii fit (since the max weight for that is 330lbs) and for my 5% I'm getting my hair done and I may even venture for highlights.

I noticed you use the negative terms "fat, frumpy, and ugly". So I think may be helpful (I will be doing this on the weekend while camping.

Look in the mirror naked-write down all the negative emotions or thoughts you may have on little pieces of paper. Then write out all the positive things you see about yourself on another (full sheet) of paper.

With the negative ones, burn them one by one (assuming you have a fire place, or make one using a coffee tin and make sure its outside if you do the one in the can).

One by one, burn all the negative papers till they are gone forever!

Then re-read the postive ones and hang them up where you will see them everyday! You are worth it!

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Welcome! I'm new to the site, but in the few days that I've been here I've found a very helpful and supportive group of people.

Good luck on your weight loss!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #15

S/C/G: 395/262/175

Height: 5'4

Hello and welcome to 3FC!

First, I agree with setting mini goals...I started out with just getting through the first day. Every positve step you take will motivate you.

When you get discouraged or have one of those "Ughh negative days" come onto 3FC(I suggest the Positve Uplifting thread)...there's nothing like reading page after page of positive postings to make you feel more positive about your journey.

If you get off track, don't throw in the towel, just know that tomorrow is a new day and move on.

You can do this!