Old 06-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #1  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Default Just found this forum and so thankful!

Hello! I just found this forum and I'm so happy to have found it

I'm 23 and on May 29th, I weighed 321 pounds. That's not my highest, but it's close to my highest and it's what I weighed when I learned to drive (the significance of learning to drive is that the day I did, I signed up for the gym). I haven't weighed under 200 since I was 11ish and honestly, I haven't a clue what I am going to look like.

Thanks for being here - I've never met anyone else over 300 pounds in person and it helps to have people who have been there to talk to.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #2  

Hi Nooch, & welcome. I've only been here a few weeks myself, but I love this site. There are lots of caring, supportive people here that help you along the way. I've also found that having a blog helps me stay on track and deal with some of getting back on the wagon if I fall off. I've been overweight my whole life too and haven't weighed less than 235 since I had my son who just turned 23. I did lose 62 lbs when I was 19 and got down to 160ish. That came & went so quickly that I didn't really have time to experience what it felt like to be a normal size. So, I don't know for sure what I'll look like either, but it sure will be fun to find out. You have a great advantage at your age-your skin will most likely shrink along with the rest of you. I expect to have lots of extra skin that WON'T go away. But I can deal with that, as long as all this fat is gone, LOL! good luck with your journey!

POOH
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #3  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi Nooch welcome!!
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome to you! Take it from someone who is in a similar position at 37 - get it under control now. Don't give any more years of your life up to the fat. It absolutely can be done!

This site is full of inspirational people and great support. I hope you like it here!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #5  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello!

Well done on getting started and losing so far!

I find the gym is fantastic! I never thought I would turn into a gym bunny! Keeping working at it and you'll get there!

Im sure you will have some slip-ups along the way, we all do. But whats important is that you pick yourself up and continue!

Good luck!
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I love this place...meeting people who have and are going through the same things I am is a blessing. I mean when you're 300 + pounds you can feel so alone because frankly, we are so beyond the normal weight loss numbers that I felt I needed people who were like me around so I can support them and they support me! Hopefully that makes sense lol.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #7  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

This is a great place,and is getting me on track! I love it!
Good Luck! I am looking forward to hearing more posts on your progress!Tracy
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #8  

Hi nooch and welcome to 3FC.

Don't forget to check out the Positive Uplifting Notification Part 3 thread. There's a great group of people there. I think you'll enjoy the company.
Again Welcome!!!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #9  

Hi Nooch - WELCOME to you! You've come to the right place. Everyone here is supportive and very friendly - it's a nice place to be.
Dani052566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #10  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Hi nooch and welcome to 3FC.

Don't forget to check out the Positive Uplifting Notification Part 3 thread. There's a great group of people there. I think you'll enjoy the company.
Again Welcome!!!
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

And I will most certainly be checking out that thread
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 352/263.2/170

Height: 69"

hello luv.

Well, as you can see, there are a lot of women here who share your frustrations. Lots of us have hit over 300 pounds and a lot of the women here have been real life inspirations to me and I hope for you too. I've been obese since 3.5 years old. I understand that feeling of "Omg, what will I look like when I lose weight?" If it makes you feel better, from your picture you are really pretty and I'm sure as you lose weight you will look even more amazing You don't have the round face that many of us get when morbidly obese. You have no idea how many times other people have been mistaken as me just because they are a really fat blonde.

You are young like myself so we have the great advantage that our skin will likely shrink with the weightloss. You appear to have really good skin as it is, so you don't have much to worry about there. Keep up the great work!
skatardrummer is offline   Reply With Quote