Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Whatever works for you is best. For me, I have to eat a little before I eat.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #17  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I'm actually getting married on the same day as you!

Glad to hear that you are getting back on track. There's still lots of time before "our" day and dresses can be altered if they need it.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyathrt View Post
Is it better to eat dinner before or after a workout??
That is up to you. I go to the gym in the morning and I don't eat until after I get home. I can't exercise with stuff bouncing in my belly. My husband goes to the gym at night, and he usually has a light snack prior to working out and then we have dinner when he gets home. Just figure out what works for you.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #19  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

It depends on what you're trying to do..i eat every 3 hours so I eat before and after the gym..
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

I usually eat a snack before the gym, and my meal afterward. The snack gives me the energy I need for the workout, but a full meal would be too much.
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I think if you feel that you need to take a moment to lock yourself up and cry it out or just scream into your pillows, well then I think you need that moment! I myself get to the stage where I just need to vent my emotions or I'm going to explode!

Glad to hear you are a bit better! Weddings are stressful! That with weight loss, ouch! Take care of yourself. A wonderful day, a wonderful journey...

As for eating before a work out, I have read that it doesn't matter. It depends what you like. Several sources I read says it helps with weight loss, others say it doesn't lol. I usually just have lemon water before to help jazz me up.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #22  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Have you bought and paid for a dress that was much too small...or is it a dress you have tried on at a bridal shop and hoping to purchase closer to the wedding?

You are a lucky woman to have a man not hung up on obesity, a rare find. If you have not yet bought the dress, please shop around and find one that fits you now. As a seamstress I can tell you it is much easier to take one in, than to let one out. The weight you might be able to crash into in 6 weeks might not even be even noticeable to most people...It took me around 40 pounds and 3 months before anyone noticed or I even changed in actual sizes. Don't torture yourself before this very important day. Eat healthy, move more, and take it one day at a time.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #23  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
I say lock yourself in your room, cry and then come out with a plan. You can lose some weight before your wedding, maybe not a huge amount, you should be able to make a dent in it. You deserve to enjoy your day, you really do and I wish you nothing but the best! I'm pulling for you!
I am pulling foi you too. Have a good cry and then once you are all cried out splash some water on your face and take that sweet little dog of yours for a nice long walk.
Look at the love in those doggie eyes.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #24  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

And I have to say it doesnt matter what weight you are on the day, you will be beautiful no matter what the scales say! A pretty and beautiful bride comes from the huge smile on her face, not from the scales or the dress, make-up or hair. You could get married in jeans and a t-shirt and you would still be the most beautiful woman there!

And the memories afterwards are going to be about the day, your feelings, all the fun and dancing. Not wishing you had lost another 10lbs.

I got weight off before my wedding, it wasnt as much as I hoped for or dreamed off but so what. I had a fantastic day and Im married to my gorgeous hubby. The best thing was getting to the aisle and my hubby looking at me and just mouthing "wow". He thought I was beautiful just as I was, and that is what your husband will think too.
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #25  

I also wanted to say I hope you are feeling better about things. Like others here, I know that, no matter how much you weigh or what dress you wear, you will look beautiful on your wedding day.

I actually almost didn't fit into my wedding dress, because I was trying NOT to lose weight. My doctor actually told me to lose and I told him the dress was already at the seamstress (I bought my maid of honor's dress from her and had it altered down - and it looked better on me - ) and that I couldn't afford more alterations. So I didn't watch what I ate and ended up feeling like I couldn't breathe all night! It fit, but BOY was it tight. On the up-side, most wedding dresses are made to be form-fitting.

Now for totally practical advice. If you already have the dress and it's too small, speak to a seamstress NOW and see what can be done. I've seen some lovely dresses that have laces in back instead of buttons or a zipper and they are very forgiving in fit. Perhaps the seamstress could replace the closure with lacing and a modesty panel if the style of the dress allows it?

If you are really afraid it is not going to fit, period, then you need to look NOW for a replacement. I don't mean to add more stress to you - but a few weeks may not make enough of a difference if it's a size or two too small and you don't want to try it on a week before the wedding and realize then that you won't make it to the right size in time. At the least, get a backup dress waiting in the wings. There are plus sized catalogues that sell wedding dresses and some wedding shops may have some in stock, but if you have to order it will take some time. Depending on how big a city you live in, you might consider renting a dress. Perhaps you can borrow from a friend/relative who was your size when they married? There are alternatives and while it may not be your dream dress, you can find a dress to wear.

Every woman wants her wedding to be perfect. After two weddings, I can tell you that while the wedding is nice, it's so much more important to BE married than it is to GET married!

Best wishes on your future marriage and I wish you much happiness not just on your wedding day, but for all the days to come!

Last edited by Lilion; 05-11-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote