3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is.....part Two (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/170642-positive-uplifting-notification-one-positive-thing-about-me-today-part-two.html)

Jacque9999 05-08-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devsmama (Post 2733002)
[B]
jacque Great job on experiencing new exercises and selling the rest of your furniture! :cheer2:

My positive for today is that it is Friday, I get to take care of my niece and two nephews (there are really 2 girls and 2 boys, but the other girl is 6 weeks old and I don't like babies..lol)! I really don't like little kids..lol..but I love them!! I spoil them just like an auntie should and then send them home. It's something when you are used to having an only child who is a teenager. You forget how interesting little people are and the dynamics of brother-sister relationships. I have 6 brothers and no sisters so this is all very interesting to me.....

Thanks!!! I bet I will feel it tomorrow...:dizzy:

Isn't being an Aunt the best?! I have 3 of my own (1 in college, 1 leaving next year, and one almost done). But my brother has twins 10 and a girl 8 and I enjoy them so much. I even liked when they were babies...don't get to see them that much since they live on the other side of the country.

Hope you aren't the youngest with those 6 brothers!!! I have 2 older then me and that was **** growing up...now we like each other.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

ladynredd 05-08-2009 08:57 AM

My positive for the day is that I made it through the work week! I worked more this week than the last few months, which is a good thing for the bank account. But it sure does feel good to be able to put the appointment book aside until Monday!

Another positive about myself is that I was nice yesterday to my DH's niece's husband, who I dislike. It's not that he's a bad guy, but he has a drinking problem and since he's figured out that beer won't be served at our house, he brings his own. But yesterday he was doing some odd jobs for us and he was sober and I made an extra effort to be pleasant.

Deysmama, don't give up, you WILL find that special someone. I lived alone for 16 years after my divorce before meeting my current DH on an American Airlines flight from Ontario, CA to DFW. The computer messed up his seat assignment and placed him next to me! At the time he lived in NYC and I lived in Columbus, Ohio. That was 3 years ago. Now we're together in California and will be celebrating our first anniversary in July! So those little miracles do happen if we just keep believing.

Keep thinking positive, everyone!
Donna D., Hemet, CA

bitetoobreakkskin 05-08-2009 09:29 AM

morning ladies..well last night my mother in laws apartment FLOODED so its a good thing i got out early because they needed us (me and DH)...

my positive for today is that she is alright and didnt get electrocuted or anything else..crazy crazy crazy week i have been having.

annie175 05-08-2009 09:42 AM

AGS....I am lovin' Curves so far. Been about 6 weeks since joining. Have lost only 1/2 lb, which I am not concerned with lbs, but lost 8 1/2 inches over all.

My positive for today......the coffee I spilled on my white blouse on the way to work has nearly rinsed completely out. Thank you Jesus as I have a dinner date directly after work today. Yikes!!

CJZee 05-08-2009 10:03 AM

Dear Ags
Even though this is a forum about weight loss and exercise, what we all must remember is that our weight is NOT our life. How we exercise is NOT our life. How we look is determined so much on how we feel about ourselves, heavy or not. We should not let this small part of living dictate how we feel and think about ourselves.

What is it you value most in your life? What or who makes you feel grounded and secure in your future? I'm quite sure it is not food or weight but your God and your family and your home and your friends, and possibly your work.

There are enough people in the world who are judgmental toward us. We cannot afford to be judgmental toward ourselves. I think I mentioned in the last thread that I have been listening to some tapes on weight loss. In the tapes, it stresses that our body is our faithful companion and our best friend, not the enemy. I sometimes just hold myself and tell my body it's okay (yes, I know that's weird!)

Your body is just trying to do things the best it knows how based on thousands of years of evolution. It is the only body we have, and we must love it and care for it.

And tomorrow is another day. Love, CJ

colormerd47 05-08-2009 08:20 PM

You little darlin's rock,
Each and every one of you in your special ways and I am so privileged to share a part of your lives. Each of you make me smile every single day and what a positive that is.

Now it seems as though there is a lot of babysitting going around. Caring and sharing with all of those little love ones are moments in time that will be shared for your lifetimes. Shia and Jac, have a blast!!!

Why lady, happy to see ya and I know you are welcoming that small rest, but it paid off really well all week ugh? Good money baby. And there, great job on finding the good he has to offer and being kind. He probably appreciates more than you know.

Bite, glad to hear everyone is okay and happy you were there in time for them. Will keep all of you in prayer.

Annie, I am going to give my knees a few more weeks and then I am in. Sounds like fun. God is good, He is really good in the cleaning department. Glad your blouse was not ruined and hope the dinner is great!!

CJ, you are right as always. I have come to my senses and I am fine and taking extra precautions to compensate for the retention.
The most important thing is my God and my walk with Him, then my family, and friends and then my job is last. I know that if I do what is required of me, that then my God will handle all the rest, and he will direct my path. I have learned that I have to love me, no matter what. Thanks girlie!!!!

One positive about me today is.....I really felt good about me. I did not let my weight dictate how I felt about me today. When I got home and checked my email, I had recieved about 8 videos for friends and family members. They each said that I was the mother of the year on CNN news. I felt great, happy, and oh so loved. I wish I was capable of sending this video to each of you, for each of you are great moms and you deserve to recieve this too. It was thrilling to hear your name broadcast on the news and your name flashing across the screen. I will see if I can get my daughter to insert the link and you guys can send them to your mom's or friends. It is great.

Will be back later to check in and have a great evening dolls.

Love,
Your Ags

nonabee 05-08-2009 11:32 PM

Okay, all this talk about TOM has brought him to see me today. :rolleyes: GO figure! LOL - Anyway, I knew I'd make you ladies laugh with my post about TOM! :lol:

My positive for today is getting 45 mins of exercise in with TOM tagging his butt along. :carrot: I'm proud of this b/c I didn't allow it to be an excuse for me not to. Although in the past, I viewed this as too yucky a condition to sweat in & should be a resting period (no pun intended) from exercising.

colormerd47 05-08-2009 11:54 PM

Nona,
You are a doozey! Good job on not letting TOM hold you back, yeah for dragging him right along. WTG girlie!!!!

Good Night ladies,
Aggie

learningtoliveagain 05-09-2009 06:31 AM

Good Morning!
I'm gonna make this a short and sweet (or maybe sour) one. Woke up feeling kinda yucky. I'm gonna listen to what my bod is telling me today. I pulled a little something in my back yesterday wrestling with my son in the pool. I know I should listen to my doctor about the 20 lb. lift restrictions, which by the way is impossible. Even my dog food weighs(40lb.) more than that. I may still go in the pool, but I will only do what I can and listen to what my sore back tells me.
I hope everyone has a positively wonderful day and I will check in later.

Later - Learn

CJZee 05-09-2009 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The octopus story
My positive yesterday was that my pulled muscle was "fixed" ... and my fiance gave me a good idea on how to put a fun spin on the weird situation. And this sort of tells you a little about the difference between how men and women think!

I pulled a muscle in my back last Tuesday at weight training. Instead of getting better throughout the week, it got worse. When I went to my massage therapist/acupuncturist/doctor of chinese medicine (yup, he's all three), he decided to "cup" that side of my back.

Basically, a vacuum is created inside these glass cups (like round coffee cups but no handles) and when placed on your skin the vacuum makes the cup adhere to you. Since the vacuum creates pressure, it supposedly creates acupressure on the muscle plus blood circulation, and I guess that stimulates the healing.

So, I counted them and he literally put 10 cups up and down the right side of my back. He left then there maybe 10 minutes and removed them. It didn't hurt or anything.

And, you know, it completely healed my pulled muscle.

But there is a "side effect" that he didn't mention. The cups leave perfectly round red marks on your back. If you scroll down this article to the bottom, you will see what they look like. (Sorry, I tried to put the whole link in, but it doesn't work -- so click here, then type "fire cupping" in the search field on left.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_cupping

Now, of course they will go away (at some point, LOL), but in the meantime I have been going to the pool a lot and probably half of these circular marks will NOT be covered by my bathing suit.

Honestly, this doesn't bother me too much, I was just going to explain in my rather dull way what it was if anyone asked. But after explaining all this to my fiance immediately said "Just tell them you were wrestling with an octopus!"

That seems altogether a better story than mine, and how often will I have the evidence to prove that???? So if you hear this tale about an older lady fending off a large octopus and living to tell the tale ... well ... you can keep a secret can't you?

PS -- Picture below is NOT me, but the round "octopus" marks look just like mine! Only mine are down the right side of my back.

gggirls 05-09-2009 07:48 AM

Pup Update! No bobbing for Gracie's tail at this time - he feels the nerve damage is temporary and will heal. She's trying to wag it as the happy girl she is and it does seem to be coming back up some - hate to see a dog with a tucked tail.

I bought a dress I love yesterday for a wedding in a few weeks - I had hoped to find a sundress and I did - bright yellow, pink, white, black. I will see if I can find something to cover the arms up today. Best thing - drum roll please - size 16!

Off to swim - have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend to all of you.

ladynredd 05-09-2009 09:32 AM

CJ, that sounds like an awesome set of tapes on weight loss. What is the title and who are they by? Sounds like something I might need to buy!

My positive about myself yesterday was my attitude toward a phone call I received from my oldest son. Our relationship is, shall we say, strained, and usually after a call from him I'm upset and making a list of all the negative things he did or did not do. :nono: Last night I was able to make a list of the baby steps he's making in the right direction. Okay, it was a short list, but still a list of the positives! :flow1: He returned my call within 12 hours and he talked for a little while to DH! (DH is not his father.) Hard to stay focused on the positive when the habit of focusing on negative is so well ingrained, but I'm working on it.

Off to my weigh-in. I'll post when I get back.

CJZee 05-09-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladynredd (Post 2734549)
CJ, that sounds like an awesome set of tapes on weight loss. What is the title and who are they by? Sounds like something I might need to buy!

The tape is called "Weight Loss" by Belleruth Naparstek. I don't know if it helps, but it is very relaxing. I sometimes use it when I have insomnia, LOL! (I don't know if anything penetrates my consciousness when I'm sleeping.)

https://www.healthjourneys.com/Categ...mcid=3&catid=3

nonabee 05-09-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colormerd47 (Post 2734228)
Nona,
You are a doozey! Good job on not letting TOM hold you back, yeah for dragging him right along. WTG girlie!!!!

Good Night ladies,
Aggie

Thanks Aggie! I hope your wrist is feeling better, and you truly deserved the videos sent by your loved ones. You have such an inspiring, uplifting spirit that has the the ability to bring out the best in others. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain (Post 2734401)
Good Morning!
I know I should listen to my doctor about the 20 lb. lift restrictions, which by the way is impossible.
Later - Learn

We know that all things are possible. They may be difficult, but not impossible, so take it easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJZee (Post 2734430)
The octopus story
And this sort of tells you a little about the difference between how men and women think!

Honestly, this doesn't bother me too much, I was just going to explain in my rather dull way what it was if anyone asked. But after explaining all this to my fiance immediately said "Just tell them you were wrestling with an octopus!"

Your fiance is too funny! Men and women do truly think differently. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gggirls (Post 2734453)
Pup Update! No bobbing for Gracie's tail at this time - he feels the nerve damage is temporary and will heal. She's trying to wag it as the happy girl she is and it does seem to be coming back up some - hate to see a dog with a tucked tail.

I bought a dress I love yesterday for a wedding in a few weeks - I had hoped to find a sundress and I did - bright yellow, pink, white, black. I will see if I can find something to cover the arms up today. Best thing - drum roll please - size 16!

I'm so happy for your dog. :) I hate seeing dogs with cut off tails too. It look like it hurts. :( On a positive note, congrats on your size 16! :bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladynredd (Post 2734549)
Hard to stay focused on the positive when the habit of focusing on negative is so well ingrained, but I'm working on it.

Hard, but not impossible! Nothing beats a failure but a try. ;

Waking up with my health is my positive so far today.

Jacque9999 05-09-2009 12:53 PM

Positive for today:

Even though I had a late night last night and didn't have time to do my pilates class this morning, I still dragged my machine out and did a new dvd. It was a great workout. Also, I have gotten tons done already today and the day isn't even half over.