Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is.....part Two

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • HOLA chica's,

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood!!

Nona, way to go kiddo, extending your time shows that you are getting stronger and even more determined. Oh so proud of you!!

Maria, I love the word chica's, I am trying to learn a little spanish each day and there is a guy at work helping me. I am moving slow slow slow, but before you know it, I will have it down. Great job on maintaining and getting back on track. Sometimes we fall, but we always have tomorrow to get back up.

My darling CJ, you are always on top of things. You sure are doing your thang missy. WTG!!!

Blanche, looks like your funk has come to an end. Brother paying, good he is stepping up to the plate, and you are staying on point, let the other stuff roll off your back kiddo, it will give you some sense of peace, and hot dang the reunion is a comming. Funk is gone, Oh happy day is here. You go girl!!

Shia, I think we all get into the self destruct mode at times, but at least you realize it and are doing something about it. Now kick the blue funk to the side and jump back in the saddle. Giddy Up!!!

Bite, more exercise is great girlie, and don't feel sad, I know we can get lonesome at times for all kinds of reasons, but hey babe, you've got us, and that's saying something!!! Cause we are all that and a bag of chips. Woot Woot!! Hope that made you smile.

Val, hit diggity dang dang, I am so happy that you are happy riding high and motivated and stuff!!! What is TOPS"s?

Today is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!! No matter what comes my way today I will rejoice and be glad, no matter what happens tonight at WI, I will be happy and rejoice and still be glad. My positive today May 14th is to keep a positive attitude no matter what!!! I will not let anyone or anything dictate how I feel, no one but the LORD!!
    Have a SUPER-FAN-TAB-U-LOUS DAY TODAY!!

Be back this evening for updates and remember I ain't got nothing but love for ya babies!!!

Ags
  • My positive for today actually happened yesterday. I finally increased my time on the Arc Trainer to 40 minutes. A month ago 5 minutes was hard but pushed myself to 10!!! Now if I could get it to 45 min., I would be REALLY happy. According to the machine, I burned 370 calories in that time and my iPod Touch said 389...so either way...it was time well spent.

Another positive...only 2 days till I can get my ticker.
  • Hi all,

Jacque - how does your iTouch moniter your calories?

Shia - If anyone can get themselves back on track, it's you!

Ags- hope your wrist is healing and you are feeling better!

*wave* to everyone else

My positive today is that I am caught up at work! It may be short lived, but I can actually see the bottom of my in-basket!

Have a great evening, friends!
  • Good evening dolls,

Jac, you are doing so well with your exercise and not to worry you will get to 45 min. All things in time!!!

Mainah, an empty basket sounds good even if it only last for a little while!!

Well darlin's, tonight I released 2.2lbs and only 9.8 to go to be back where I was before the fall and the fluid. I am happy, hot dog!!

Have a great evening ladies,
    Ags
  • Congrats Aggs!!!

Mainah good job on being caught up!

bite I'm sorry you're missing your fam, so I'm sending you a hug.
  • Just a quick note before I hit the hay. I'm a little down, no particular reason. My positive today is that a woman I just met thought I looked much younger than I am.
  • Thanks everyone because of all you I know I can do it this time.
  • Quote: Jacque - how does your iTouch moniter your calories?
    I have to enter what enters my mouth!!! I am trying not to be totally anal about it as I know it is not COMPLETELY accurate. I know this because I check packages as well. It has thousands of foods in it but I can create my own as well. Also, I can create my own recipes and exercises too. If you have iTunes you can check it out...just to see what it is. It's under "Apps" and it's called "Lose It". If you have an iPhone or iTouch, you can download it for FREE

Quote: Just a quick note before I hit the hay. I'm a little down, no particular reason. My positive today is that a woman I just met thought I looked much younger than I am.
    Oh I love when that happens. Believe it or not, I actually have gotten carded....Not sure if the cashier was being nice or what, but it still makes me feel good.
  • WOW! Jacque beat me to 3FC this morning. Way to go jacque, also way to go on the Arc Trainer.

Mainah- Sunshine is a wonderful thing, isn't it. John Denver didn't wright the song for nothing.

Ags- Good plan with Morgan. She may think she's right all the time, but she may not have a positive attitude. So maybe if you point out the positive little things she does she'll lighten up a little and hear what your saying. And one more thing...
    YEAH, 2.2 lbs. GONE!!!

Val- I have a question. I look at your user name and wonder if your an avid horse lover/rider? I use to ride, but my weight got so out of control that I just couldn't get on a horse anymore. I sold my mare 2 1/2 yrs. ago and miss her terribly. I still have a dream of getting back on a horse some day.
    You have a great positive attitude, just stick with us on 3FC and we'll do all we can to keep your moral up. By the way what's a TOPS group?

She's Expensive- Another one with a great positive attitude. We always have room for positives here on 3FC.

nonabee- Keep on keepin' on with the exercise girl. You rock!

Maria- Glad your doing better and staying on track with your eating.

CJ- We all get down once in a while. I fell into a funk this week also. Must be something in the air. But you stuck with your exercise and even did a little extra. By the way I'm not sure what could be causing the red line under your nose.

Shia- Your right, you recognized being in a sabotage mode and you'll correct it. By the way I appreciate the kind words of encouragement from you and Ags. You both are great supports and I am honored to call you both friends.

bite- I'm sorry your missing your family. It's ruff being so far away from them. On a lighter note, ya wanna borrow my family for a while? I could use a vacation.

Seegore- You can do it. I feel the same way about myself and 3FC is one reason I feel that way.

Well I think I caught up on everyone. Here are my positives I want to share with ya'll...

1. We finally have water in the house. It's wet and it's wonderful, oh and I no longer have to carry buckets of water from the pool to the house to flush the potty.

2. I'm still on track with my eating.

3. Due to weather and a head cold, I haven't been in the pool to walk for a few days, but I did get a little walking in on solid ground. OUCH!

4. I'm making turkey chili for dinner tonight. Yum Yum!

5. We're celebrating something special in our house. Look who made 6th. Grade Honor Roll!

Every time I look into those beautiful blue eyes, it reminds me that I am truly blessed. He makes my heart smile.

That's all for this morning girls. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Later - Learn
  • Quote: WOW! Jacque beat me to 3FC this morning. Way to go jacque, also way to go on the Arc Trainer.

5. We're celebrating something special in our house. Look who made 6th. Grade Honor Roll!

Every time I look into those beautiful blue eyes, it reminds me that I am truly blessed. He makes my heart smile.
    Thanks for the kudos...I had planned last night to get to the gym by 5:15 am so that I could do a full body circuit workout...and I knew it would take me longer then usual..My positve for today...is that I ACTUALLY did that!!!

Also, congrats on the little "genius". I love when my kids make honor roll/dean's list. Doesn't happen often and one has yet to do it...arrrggg!! But I am still VERY proud of all three of them.

Joci
  • morning ladies-weeeell my positive for today is that its FRIDAY finally and that i havent gained any weight back that i lost..i havent lost any more YET but i still havent gained back yay.

congrats on your 2.2 lbs ags!!! shia-thanks for the hug

i hope all of you have a fantabulous day!
  • Hello all of you little hotties,
    Everyone is doing fine here on the positive thread this morning and that is such a wonderful thing!!! All of you ladies are doing so well.

Jac, we are doing everything so well and hey yeah!!!!! YOU GET YOUR TICKER TOMORROW!!!! You go girl!!!! Jac, I can see why you get carded, you look like a pretty young thing girl. Hot dang!!! Jac, you really were up bright and early this morning, WTG. You have such motivation and determination. So proud of you!!

Cj< I am sending giant sunflowers your way to brighten your day. I know you enjoyed that compliment and here's another for you, I think you are beautiful, smart, witty, charming, caring, loving and my friend. Hot dang, I am glad you are my friend!!!!

See, love ya girl, keep on doing what you are doing, cause you are doing well.

Learn, so many positives, that is the best, and the water is right at the top of the list, and your son is so handsome and so smart, I know how proud you are because I sure would be. You will get back to the pool in time, you concentrate on you getting well right now. Okay. Hey can you share that turkey chilli recipe? I would really like to try it.

OOOOOOO Bite, I am so on the same page with you, THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY!! Girl proud of you that you maintained all week, maintaining is really a blessing when you look at the alternative (not gaining) WTG Kiddo!!

Well now, let's see, what is my positive for the day......Morgan and I have argued in two days, money came to me that was not expected, and I am really happy that it is Friday, my legs will appreicate the rest. I am sure I will have more by this evening. Until ladies, stay cool, stay on point, stay focused and stay POSITIVE!!!!!

LOVE TO ALL,
    AGS
  • Quote:
    Learn, so many positives, that is the best, and the water is right at the top of the list, and your son is so handsome and so smart, I know how proud you are because I sure would be. You will get back to the pool in time, you concentrate on you getting well right now. Okay. Hey can you share that turkey chilli recipe? I would really like to try it.

LOVE TO ALL,
    AGS
    Turkey Chili
    1 lb. ground turkey (I look for the package that just says "Ground Turkey", not ground white turkey. I find the white turkey is too dry.)
    1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
    1 - 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans
    1 - 15 oz. can pinto beans
    1 - 15 oz. can black beans
    1 - 10 oz. can Rotel diced chili's & tomatoes ( I use mild heat, but you can go hotter if you like)
    1 medium white onion - diced
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
    3/4 tsp. black pepper
    1 tsp. salt (I leave it out due to high blood pressure)
    1 cup water

In a large pot over medium high heat brown ground turkey and crumble into small pieces.
    Add all the remaining ingredients, reduce heat to simmer.
    Allow to simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 30 or 40 minutes.

I like to eat it just as is, but my DH likes rice with his.
    I never get tired of chili and this recipe is so simple to make. Enjoy!
  • learningtoliveagain That Turkey chili sounds good...although I don't like spicy. I don't like to cook much and I've never made chili but I might just try this recipe. How many calories do you think is in a serving?
    Thanks
    Joci
  • Quote: learningtoliveagain That Turkey chili sounds good...although I don't like spicy. I don't like to cook much and I've never made chili but I might just try this recipe. How many calories do you think is in a serving?
    Thanks
    Joci
    I'm not sure of the calorie content. I never really added it all up. I use to make it with ground beef, but switched to ground turkey to lower the fat. I was into the whole calorie counting thing, but always failed. Now I just eat healthy, lower the fat and sodium where ever I can, watch my portions and try to be more active. Let me know if you try it.