3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is.....part Two (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/170642-positive-uplifting-notification-one-positive-thing-about-me-today-part-two.html)

learningtoliveagain 05-13-2009 08:57 AM

I'm here Shia!
I've been just kinda lurking in the shadows for the past couple of days. I'm in some kinda funk for some reason. I am however staying on my eating program. I think I'm letting my family (DH & Son excluded) get to me. I think I mentioned that my mom has dementia and I am her only caregiver. My brother and sister won't help at all. There are also some financial problems I'm having with my siblings with them not contributing their share of the financial responsibilities around here. It's a long story that's not meant for a positive and uplifting thread like this one.
I have been reading everyone else's positives, I just feltl like staying quiet for a while. I'm just trying to figure out how my sibling's became so selfish and uncaring.
I will give you all my positives for the last couple of days however.

1. I've stay OP
2. I've lost all my TOM weight plus 6/10th. of a pound
3. I'm a person who doesn't like putting bumperstickers on my cars, but this morning I couldn't wait to put one on that said..."MY SON IS AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT AT HUDSON MIDDLE SCHOOL!"
4. I'm typing right now on 3fc and starting to feel better already.

I'll keep checking back throughout the day as I usually do. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Later - Learn:)

Mainah 05-13-2009 10:24 AM

Hi all!

I am sorry I've been MIA, too. I've just been so darn busy...but I really, really miss my time here so I made a point to come visit today.

My positive today is that the sun is out and it's a beautiful spring day!

I hope you all have a great day, friends!

colormerd47 05-13-2009 12:35 PM

Hey there my little poppies,

Sorry just getting here today. I tried to post yesterday and a notice came up saying there was maintenance on the site for May 12th and I could not post. So I am here today!!! Yeah!!!!

D, great job on 100 minutes spent in the garden, oh the fruits of your labour will be showing soon and in more ways than one. You Rock!!! Remember eat your snacks!!! LOL

Shia, chores, gotta love them and him. LOL Wow a clean house, what is that? Have not seen one since both youngest daughters are back home. Can I come to yours?

Mary, I believe that is the best positive of all, always working on yourself to become a better you and than you can trully serve others. Proud of you.

See, that's my baby, go girl go!!! Only FOUR away, you can do it, you are the little engine that could, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I KNOW I CAN, I DID IT!!!! WTG!!!!

CJ, hot dang girl!!! New undies,I do not know if you remember when I proclaim I had gone down a size, I even announced it in my weight watchers meeting in front of everyone, even the guys!!! Shcuks, that a big thing!!!

Jac, great job on your great choice, that is not always so easy but you did it!!!

Bite, you stayed on point and that was fantastic. Go get some rest baby girl.

Maria, back in the saddle again. Aquatics and eating right, back with a blast!!!

Okay ladies here it is, I have two positives for the day. FIrst the most important one....I have a tendency to always talk about the negative about my 23 year old Morgan and to her, because she is so hard headed and knows everything and will not listen, so we argue ALOT and I sometimes want to KILL HER ( LOL but true), so I have decided to make a list every single time that she does something positive, no matter how big or small and focus on those things. I have figured out that the more I speak in a positive manner to her, (without yelling at her), maybe she will start to listen. Just maybe she will realize that her mother is not as dumb as she thinks I am, (LOL) and just maybe she will realize that she does not know everthing and start to learn from me. If I show and give love in a loving way, (not beating her across the head) I can draw her closer. We love each other, this I know, but we sure can butt heads. So with all of that being said, This is my big positive for the day to find her goodness and everything positive about her and focus on that, the rest will follow.

Now the second one is, I eat great today, made great food choices and the fluid seems to be leaving in my legs. PTL!!!

I will be back this evening to check in on all, and if I have missed anyone, please charge it to my head and not my heart.

Blessing to you all,
Ags

colormerd47 05-13-2009 12:58 PM

Learn,

I was typing as you were posting. I know just what you mean, I have been there, exactly where you are. All I can say is, it does get better and it will pass. And when I say exactly where you are, I do mean exactly, with siblings and all. I think it is fantastic that you still have positives to talk about and share. We are here for you, all of us, and it is okay you telling us and sharing with us about it, so we can be here to lift you up as needed. We love you and if there is anything we can say or do to lift your spirits, we will. We are here to encourage and support and give. Love you kiddo, and if you need to talk further, you know beyond a shadow of a doubt you can always, always PM me.

Main, glad to see you pretty smiling face.

Hugs to you both,
Ags

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-13-2009 01:47 PM

I'm back. I hope I'm ready, but at least I'm back. I've faced the scale every day for 2 weeks, and for me that's a necessity. If I don't face the number, I'm not going to stay on track. I'm still at a point where I'm more desperate than determined, more fearful than focused, more heartbroken than hopeful.

But I'm back. And that's a really, really good thing.

colormerd47 05-13-2009 02:14 PM

Val,
Glad you are here and glad you are back. We love new folks on this positive thread and you being back, well...how positive is that, You go girl. We will try our best to keep you uplifted and motivated with our positive posting and encouragement and support for you along the way. Being desperate, being fearful and being heartbroken can all be positive. Being just desperate enough, being just fearful enough and being just heartbroken enough to make you want to change, to take that step, to do something, and it did, YOU ARE BACK, not giving up, not guitting, but moving forward to the mark of a healthier you, a hopeful you, a positive you, a forceful you, a NEW YOU. Gald you are here.

Hugs to you,
Ags

Enduring Infinity 05-13-2009 02:23 PM

Here are a few things about myself that have made me smile:

1.) I have an amaaaazing body shape; I'm adorable now, but I am gonna be SMOKIN' once I knock some weight off. ;D

2.) I've basically maintained my weight (+/-1 lb, lol) over the three weeks I've spent on vacation since classes ended! Normally I end up with a 5lb -15lb gain depending on how long I'm away from home.

3.) Thinking about my post-college life (and buying cute career wear) has given me a bump in motivation I've needed to start doing some serious weight-loss-related planning; with any luck (and a ton of hard work), I should be able to hit 165lbs by my 22nd birthday!

4.) I have realized that my desire to lose weight is not based on wanting LOSE curves, but rather wanting to FLAUNT curves. Maybe I'm weird, but I really have no desire to be "skinny." My body seems to happy be happiest with a little junk in the trunk and padding around my hips. In this sense, I've "made peace with my body" and gotten excited about seeing it at its best.

5.) I am 100% okay with paying myself compliments without slipping in an insult or two to avoid sounding arrogant; that's a big step for me!

Jacque9999 05-13-2009 03:14 PM

Hi everyone!!!

nonabee 05-13-2009 08:34 PM

My positive for the day actually comes from yesterday. I worked out a little over an hour yesterday with my niece. An increase from my 45 min routines.

mariamherrera 05-13-2009 08:34 PM

hola chicas!

I have a few positives today!

1- I'm on day 3 of being back on plan and back in control!

2- I had my first appointment with my personal trainer today that I've had in a few weeks! he worked me HARD!:lifter: :ebike:

3- I've been avoiding the scales because I had a really bad month or two of being off plan and on again and off for even longer.. So I was so nervous to see what damage I had done as far as weight I would have put on. and the results were awesome! According to the scale I gained only 2 lbs! and I weighed in mid day fully clothed after I had just ate! So I truly believe I DIDN'T gain! I think I maintained!!! woo hoo! I will weigh in first thing tomorrow after going potty like I normally do and see! But this made me feel soooo good!:carrot:

CJZee 05-13-2009 09:08 PM

My positive today is I did cardio 2x today. I swam laps for 40 minutes this morning, and did the recumbent bike (some at the highest setting) for 32 minutes tonight.

Question -- you know, sometimes after I exercise hard, I get a red vertical line right under the middle of my nose. It doesn't go away for a long time. Anybody know what that is?

learningtoliveagain 05-14-2009 06:22 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
Well here it is thursday already. This has been a funky week for me. I've been letting my families lack of caring get to me and I need to change that.
Yesterday our well tank sprung a leak. The tank was 37 yrs. old, it was bound to happen. Estimated cost over $600.00. We've had no water in the house since about 10:30 yesterday morning. We have been getting buckets of water from our pool so we can flush the toilets. Using bottled water to brush our teeth, wash up, etc. Picture it! 5 people, 2 toilets, and no water. FUN:dizzy:FUN:dizzy:FUN:dizzy:

My positives are as follows:
My brother is paying for the water tank replacement. He knows I don't have the extra funds to pay for it. Besides, it also pumps water to his place next door.

I'm staying OP, even though my family has been bringing me down the last several days. I will change that so it doesn't effect my health (weight loss)

I have a reunion in the works with some kids from my old neighborhood that I haven't seen or spoke to since 1972. They have been living here in the Tampa Bay area for the last 20 yrs and I didn't even know it. I let you know when I have more details.

I'm going healthy grocery shopping today. I'm in the mood for turkey chili.

I hope everyone has an awesome day full of positives. I also wanted to say that I truly enjoy sitting down at my computer and reading all the positive posts. I feel I have made a lot of new friends on 3FC. Thank You!

Later - Learn (Blanche) (Yeah, I know I loved the Golden Girls too!)

Devsmama 05-14-2009 07:39 AM

My positive is going to start off sounding like a negative but here it goes: I have been in self sabotage mode now for about 5 days. I haven't been consistently on plan, going over my calories, and I didn't exercise yesterday or Tuesday. Now here's the good part, I recognize it. I see what I am doing, I am addressing it, and I am going to be really strict with myself for the next week or so.

bitetoobreakkskin 05-14-2009 10:10 AM

morning all-my positive for today is that i excercised quite a bit more yesterday than usual.

im with shia on the self sabotage thing-except its more emotional than anything...i just feel so incredibly lonely because i live down here and my family is all 4 hrs away..so it sucks.

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-14-2009 01:12 PM

Thanks AGS! Great thread.
As for today, I'm feeling really good. I have a great, positive attitude, and am riding high on the motivation I got last night by joining a TOPS group. It's fun, and it helps to make me accountable and focused.